Posted by mika19b 
Re: FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP
Date: September 05, 2009 10:54PM
Posted by: chet
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Exactly, and that's where I can't help feeling his
> dad comes in.

Even still I cant imagine the FIA to be so convinced. It's only natural as his father for him to stick up for Jnr, lying or not. His dad hardly a great source of 'true' information either is he? Its like going to court, saying you didnt cause the criminal damage, heres my father to back me up.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 08, 2009 11:24AM
Posted by: The Lopper
One question that pops into my mind about all of this: Unless they kept Alonso in the dark about this whole plan (which is certainly possible), if they find these allegations to be true and Alonso is found to be part of the conspiracy, will he be punished too? Such an outcome would damage Alonso's rep, big time.
Date: September 09, 2009 07:01PM
wow, "It was just a conversation."

[www.autosport.com]

Quite telling.

Flavio denies the talk, Pat says they talked about it.

So it was Piquet Snr who bought this story to light.

Like I said previous, Piquet should be the one punished for doing it, and maybe the other two, but this is getting very interesting.

Im supprised Pat admits it was talked about, but I hardly believe it was Nelson's idea.

Date: September 09, 2009 07:07PM
Posted by: gav
And not a single source mentioned. ;-)

I would be staggered if Renault's legal representatives hadn't instructed all parties to remain silent on the matter until after the hearing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 07:08PM by gav.
Date: September 09, 2009 07:48PM
Ah, good spot.

Still, makes for good reading ;)!

Date: September 09, 2009 09:09PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Following some Brazilian reports, Nelsinho should be free of punishment due immunity received for dennunciation, kind like Alonso couple of years ago
Date: September 09, 2009 11:47PM
Piquet put lives at risk though. Okay, that maybe a little OTT, but had he crashed at a certain angle causing another car to collide into him it could have been bad.

Date: September 10, 2009 11:19AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
yeah but chet he's so good at crashing, he knew what he was doing ;)
Date: September 10, 2009 02:11PM
ah touche. I guess he must have learnt some moves of his father aswell!

Date: September 10, 2009 02:53PM
Posted by: villej
Apparently the Piquets whole statement in the hearing has been leaked somehow, and here it is:

[www.f1sa.com]

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: September 10, 2009 03:19PM
We all joked about it at the time...

Difficult to say whether it's sour grapes or he was really asked to crash. If they can confirm what he said about the radio? ie, confirming the lap number of the incident I guess it would be good evidence to suggest that the race result was influenced by both Flavio and Pat, and of course Nelson.

My opinion at the moment is, I wouldnt put it past Flav at all. But then I dont like the guy.

At the time Renaults future in F1 was being questioned, well throughout 2008! This will be one to watch!

Date: September 10, 2009 04:15PM
Posted by: Guimengo
"I wouldnt put it past Flav at all. But then I dont like the guy."

The same way that in many cases stereotypes are right, believing a dodgy person did something wrong just because you dislike him may not be that wrong either.
Date: September 10, 2009 05:07PM
Posted by: phantaman
piquet jr. is not a hypocrite ... who is claiming knows nothing of this "junk" was the biggest beneficiary and is the hypocrite in this story :p

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 05:08PM by phantaman.
Date: September 10, 2009 05:10PM
True gui!

In anycase, at the chance to blame Flav, I most likley would take sides with the side blaming him!!!!

Date: September 10, 2009 05:38PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
All this proves is that Piquet is dumber than I thought he was!

Personally, I don't believe the story at all. Even crashing as he did, didn't guarantee Renault a win. Or even points. There was another SC later in the race. So it could easily have been undone. And to suggest that the team instructed him to crash? They couldn't ahve been sure a SC would have been used in any case!

All NPj has done is made sure that NO team will EVER sign him in racing again.
Date: September 10, 2009 06:06PM
Posted by: Sauber89
Should be a very short hearing when you read that, in point 12 he mentions that he 'asked his team several times to repeat the lap number' to crash on, and I read earlier today that the fia have full radio audio files.

So it shoudn't take long to clear up. but imo Piquet should be banned for life, Jackie Stewart and other safety campaigners havent spent years improving standards so that idiots like him can crash on purpose, he should be very thankful no one got a puncture from his debris.

Date: September 10, 2009 06:26PM
Posted by: senninho
Whatever the outcome, i would be surprised if Piquet gets a drive in any top-line series again. Even if he was told to do it, he still had the option of saying no. Sour grapes is what this looks like.

Date: September 10, 2009 06:33PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I think Piquet will not be signed to any good team any time soon but is not as if everyone in the paddock operates like Renault/Benetton. It also amazes me how people are constantly bashing Piquet who is putting his own career on the line to bring this to light. Just read back and look at the negative comments towards Piquet vs the ones against Briatore/Symmonds. Seriously people, stop being biased and grow up, open your extremely closed mind here!

Piquet isn't innocent, he's an accomplice here despite the issues he faced and the horrible situation in which he was. To guarantee another season in F1 he did that dishonorable thing, I would not have accepted the proposal but I (and all of you) didn't have F1 drives on the line.
Date: September 10, 2009 07:06PM
Posted by: gav
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It also amazes me how people are constantly bashing
> Piquet who is putting his own career on the line to
> bring this to light.

He (or someone connected to him) leaked this to the media. Had he gone through the correct channels, perhaps people might have had a bit more respect. He, and especially his dad, are remarkably easy to dislike, even before any of this came to light.

Another concern I have, is if he was constantly asking on the radio regarding lap numbers, where was the investigation before now? We know the FIA study radio transmissions thoroughly, and Piquet was on a ludicrously heavy fuel-strategy apparently. Did no-one pick up on these 'coincidences' earlier?
Date: September 10, 2009 07:07PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
want to know what I think?

I think that unless that statement is a hoax or fake, then I would say it's probably true. If that is the case, then it's a very serious allegation and will have awful consequences for Piquet, Pat and Flav, both of whome may now be in their final hours in formula one.

Never trust a man who wears a gold chain around his neck!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy