FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP

Posted by mika19b 
Re: FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP
Date: September 15, 2009 02:16PM
Posted by: phantaman
briatore? he is a bandit... exist a rumor that pat symonds wants "immunity" to talk... what will this time? piquet jr. acquitted? ;-)

wasn't this weekend that fernando alonso would be announced in ferrari? why not? does he know something we don't know? or symonds know something we don't know? don't miss the next chapters of this soap novel hahahaha :p

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: September 15, 2009 02:25PM
Posted by: chet
Pats FIA interview which is no at Autosport though he doesnt say much, his lack of answers says quite alot!!

he's been offered immunity to give answers, and thats a good thing, the FIA do not want to convict Nelson/Flavio/essentially the whole team(!!!) based on little fact, so whatever Pat can give is a good thing and right now he is offering not alot of help.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 15, 2009 02:39PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I don't agree with giving immunity to both sides (Piquet and Symonds). One of them is almost certainly at fault here, and I don't think they should be given full immunity for doing something very wrong. Maybe partial immunity, or a leniency in penalty, but whoever is at fault should still face some large penalties.

It all seems like a plan for Max to kick out Briatore, and i'm sure he would be ecstatic if Dennis and Briatore 'left' the sport in his last year of power.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 15, 2009 02:46PM
I dont think Max has anything to do with this one. Besides that Bernie and Flav are as close as it gets. If there was any hint of Max wanting Flavio out Bernie would have something to say about it, any more others in Paddock who Flav's befriended.

Piquet's immunity means nothing anyway, the damage has been done. We probably wont see him racing under a team that's not his Fathers in any decent top-line sport anymore.

As for Pat, look at the answers he gave. For the sake of the entire team the FIA need answers so they can dish out the punishment to the right people, and not risk the entire teams future. At this rate the FIA will have to enforce a punishment upon Renault, and basically the whole team. Not what anyone wants to see.

Date: September 15, 2009 04:10PM
Posted by: zulu_85
Today's Times makes interesting reading, having an article that claims to incorporate some of the Renault radio traffic in the moments leading up to and after Piquet's crash.

[www.timesonline.co.uk]

Needless to say there's blatantly no evidence of Renault telling Piquet to crash at the time - as I think everyone would have guessed already. It seems quite innocent, perhaps telling when Briatore launches into a tirade against Piquet in the background. "He's no f***ing driver!" etc. I'm inclined to believe that Piquet Jnr simply blundered into the wall, as he had done several times that year, and right now he and his father are looking to damage Renault's name and reputation through the mud in revenge for sacking Piquet earlier - a move that I think most people will believe will backfire on the Piquets tremendously. But the latest grumblings seem to suggest a twist in the story - it's not quite so simple as I thought it was. Who knows though.

But while we're on the subject of Renault, did anyone see Patrick Head venture his opinion on the matter? Basically saying "well, if Renault are guilty then I hope they get severely punished!"
I think Williams' aren't as close to re-signing a Renault engine deal as people thought they were :\
Though interstingly Grand Prix.com seems to imply that this is more to do with a clash of personalities between Head and Briatore...
Date: September 15, 2009 05:08PM
What you expecting to hear?

"Crash this lap, crash this lap"

The transmissions for an F1 team who spend alot of money on strategy look very uncertain.

edit, the other obvious thing about this whole story is that there was very much the rumour of Piquet crashing on purpose, but no evidence. That could only be given when he was no longer a part of the team, so in a way, its not exactly Nelson just feeling about sore about being sacked, just when he got sacked was the only time he could reveal by the looks of things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2009 05:13PM by chet.
Date: September 15, 2009 06:09PM
Posted by: marwood82
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What you expecting to hear?
>
> "Crash this lap, crash this lap"
>
> The transmissions for an F1 team who spend alot of
> money on strategy look very uncertain.
>
> edit, the other obvious thing about this whole
> story is that there was very much the rumour of
> Piquet crashing on purpose, but no evidence. That
> could only be given when he was no longer a part
> of the team, so in a way, its not exactly Nelson
> just feeling about sore about being sacked, just
> when he got sacked was the only time he could
> reveal by the looks of things.

if he had been asked to crash, then the threat of revealing that fact was was the one thing keeping him in a job.(as his results certainly weren't) so he was only going to make the alegation when he'd been fired.

if symmonds transcript is genuine(which max did say at the weekend he hadn't seen any 'leaked documents' floating aroung that looked fake), then as the interviewer points out, his failure to answer questions doesn't look great.(and i guess he's been offered immunity to get him to answer those questions)

i find it rarther un-nerving that we now seem to have moved from, 'was the crash deliberate?' to 'the crash WAS deliberate, but who's idea was it?'. but then piquet's signed statement admitting to crashing has done that.

i'm still trying to avoid jumping to conclusions and i think we should all remember that so far all of the leaks seem to have come from the piquet side of the argument.(interestingly enough)

we haven't seen any of renaults defence yet as i think the documents aren't being submitted until later this week.(wednesday i think, so i guess we'll be reading them in the press on thursday :-) )
Date: September 15, 2009 07:13PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Pat being given immunity is ridiculous! So just about the only person who isn't immune to punishment is Flav. Pat shouldn't be given the carrot to get answers out of him, he should be given the stick.

Date: September 15, 2009 07:56PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I understand the skepticism with Piquet but he really has nothing to gain at all, especially if he lies, so for now I've been open-minded about his statements.

I've been thinking about Symonds' statement, what if Flavio actually isn't guilty? Maybe some form of talk took place but Symonds made the decision himself. I say that because of Flavio's words about Piquet "that's not a real driver" assuming he was being honest and not saying something to mask the arrangement.
Date: September 15, 2009 08:31PM
Posted by: EC83
In Flavio's defense here, what he did say when Piquet crashed was very much in his character, and definitely the kind of reaction you'd expect him to have at seeing one of his cars binned into the wall.
It would be very difficult to prove that those comments were covering anything up.

Date: September 15, 2009 10:03PM
EC83 Wrote:
> In Flavio's defense here, what he did say when
> Piquet crashed was very much in his character

Quite hilarious isnt it! I'd pay to hear Flavs radio transmissions every race :p

Date: September 15, 2009 10:11PM
Posted by: Slash
so if Symonds accepts all blame and responsibility, no one is gonna get punished?
Date: September 16, 2009 12:46AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I saw it as if Symonds blames Briatore and Renault then he will be immune from any trouble

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: September 16, 2009 01:04AM
Or if he simply provides the facts rather than, "I dont know" or "I cant remember"

Date: September 16, 2009 09:18AM
Posted by: SexySam182
Well reading the radio transmissions, it seems Flavio had no idea about any deliberate crash.

So does that leave it between Symonds and Piquet?

But reading the transmissions it does seem a little jumbled about Alonsos strategy after Piquet crashed.

Surely if you knew what was going to happen you would know where your other driver was going to be?

Date: September 16, 2009 10:26AM
Posted by: marcl
What bugs me about the whole things is people find it hard to beleive people would cheat or order a driver to crash.

Look at the history of this team, with example 1994. Yes it was never proven but these are the same people that were meant to run an illegal car all year, and changed the fuel rig and put the driver in danger.

Piquet really has nothing to gain by saying all these things, unless he just wants Flav to suffer for making him look bad.

I dont think much will come from it as it will never be proven that they asked Piquet to crash.
Date: September 16, 2009 10:47AM
marcl Wrote:
> What bugs me about the whole things is people find
> it hard to beleive people would cheat or order a
> driver to crash.
>
> Look at the history of this team, with example
> 1994. Yes it was never proven but these are the
> same people that were meant to run an illegal car
> all year, and changed the fuel rig and put the
> driver in danger.

i think its just that if its true, this would have escalated cheating to a whole new level. especially in terms of the risk innocent bystanders would have been exposed to.

>
> Piquet really has nothing to gain by saying all
> these things, unless he just wants Flav to suffer
> for making him look bad.

that could well be all this is about. I could easily see this as being his dad trying to get back at Flav for getting rid of his son.

> I dont think much will come from it as it will
> never be proven that they asked Piquet to crash.

to me it depends on if Symmonds takes the offer of immunity as if he did then that would pretty much confirm the teams guilt.

however if he doesn't and Renault are able to produce telemetary data of other incidents that would downplay the significance of the data the FIA have, that would leave it to be pretty much Nelsons word against the teams. In that scenario, i agree with you, i cannot see how anything could be proven.
Posted by: IWE
Didnt notise this beeing posted earlier so here it is.

"The full FIA dossier of evidence against Renault going before the Nelson Piquet Jnr 'crash-gate' hearing": [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Posted by: The Lopper
Piquet's hardly such a twat that he sees Renault's encouragement of him to get past Barrichello as an incitement to push beyond his limits and in some twisted way, "deliberately crash"...? I know it's a long shot, but that's immediately what popped into my head when reading these transmissions...
Date: September 16, 2009 10:57AM
IWE Wrote:
> Didnt notise this beeing posted earlier so here it
> is.
>
> "The full FIA dossier of evidence against Renault
> going before the Nelson Piquet Jnr 'crash-gate'
> hearing":
> [www.dailymail.co.uk]
> e-1213688/REVEALED-The-dossiers-evidence-going-Nel
> son-Piquet-crash-gate-hearing.html

how are they getting this stuff? seriously, the FIA needs to sort out the leaks as they aren't helping in the slightest.

that said, fascinating read :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy