2009 car launches thread

Posted by flat tyre 
Re: 2009 car launches thread
Date: January 19, 2009 03:07PM
Posted by: Frantic
It could be so much better with black stripes instead of oranges, something like this (ADVERTISEMENT, IM NOT GOOD USING PHOTOSHOP ;))

Date: January 19, 2009 03:17PM
Posted by: Frantic
And they dropped Elf and added Total as lubricant... anyway, Total and Elf are exactly the same oil, at least in my country.

Date: January 19, 2009 03:23PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
apparently the ferrari exhausts might be illegal

[en.f1-live.com]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 19, 2009 03:24PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
I like the Renault.
The livery is nice too, its about time there were some brighter, more lively liveries.
Since Arrows, Jaguar and Jordan left, pretty much every car has been white/silver, red or blue.
The grid needs more yellow, orange and lime green :D
Date: January 19, 2009 04:03PM
Posted by: marcl
I do think thats funny with Ferrari, all that wind tunnel work to see how the rear is affected is now wasted. And what with their front wing problems and KERS they have hell of alot work to do over the winter.
Date: January 19, 2009 04:06PM
Posted by: Sapo
OH NOES! That Renault shape is horrible, worse than the BMW interim. Like the livery though.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: January 19, 2009 04:08PM
Williams is awesome shapewise. But last year's was too, until their final livery. That screwed the shape mostly imo.

THE SIG

Date: January 19, 2009 04:12PM
Rubidius schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That McLaren with the 08 spec wing that PDLR's
> driving - are you sure it's the 09 car? Looks like
> last year's car to me, it's got the old-shaped
> sidepod openings. (The new car's sidepod openings
> are oval, and that one has a flat upper ege.)

Wondered that too, isn't it the interim car they used Jerez (or were was it) too?

THE SIG

Date: January 19, 2009 05:13PM
Posted by: Monza972
god that renault looks hideous! Stick to what they do best, they should've just kept the design as it is. The williams I like, slim and to the point and it isn't as fussy as the rest of the pack.

Are the shark fins still allowed? As renault launched with them and toyota are testing them. And as for Ferrari, well they are in a big hole right now. I think the exhaust problem might be do with the overheating of the engine. We'll have to see how STR show the engine when its released.
Date: January 19, 2009 05:24PM
Posted by: jbnd05
I like the rear of the renault livery, but it doesn't work around the snowplow nose. The williams looks awesome, partly because the colour disguises the details.

Date: January 19, 2009 05:27PM
Posted by: chet
I could not be happier with the regulations atm.

We have such a variety of interpretations... I see only one main common factor. Weight at the front, other than that its nice to see different things.

And that Williams is simply stunning from every angle! I would say it looks better than most cars last year! The Renault is ugly, car and livery! Though the nose certainly is interesting. Would like to hear explanations on it.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 19, 2009 05:29PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
Who thinks if Ferrari struggle this year that the FIA will go back to last years rules for the cars, just like they did when Ferrari struggled in 2005. Plus, I wonder why Renault went with the number 8, they have always used the #1 drivers number I think, the only thing I could think of is that its their 8th season since they returned in 2002.
Date: January 19, 2009 05:56PM
Posted by: [>WHAT21A<]
All numbers for teams other than the drivers championship winning team goes by the constructors championship positions, then the driver who finished highest up the drivers championship in that team gets the lower number.

Date: January 19, 2009 05:57PM
Renault#1Fan schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who thinks if Ferrari struggle this year that the
> FIA will go back to last years rules for the cars,
> just like they did when Ferrari struggled in 2005.
> Plus, I wonder why Renault went with the number 8,
> they have always used the #1 drivers number I
> think, the only thing I could think of is that its
> their 8th season since they returned in 2002.

About the number 8: That's just Piquets number and car for this year, as Renault has nrs. 7 and 8.

And what you mean with back to last years regulations if Ferrari strugles, the FIA changed the rules after 2005, but not "back", they just changed them.

THE SIG

Date: January 19, 2009 06:06PM
yes, they would have used #8 as piquet was debuting the car today, and that is his number for 2009

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 19, 2009 06:35PM
Posted by: marcl
When you look back at history the team that seems to do well when regulations are changed is mclaren and the team that normally takes a bit of time is ferrari.
Date: January 19, 2009 07:01PM
yes, a recent example of that is 2003

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 19, 2009 07:04PM
Posted by: Fincent
I personally love that renault! I was a bit shocked at first but after a few looks i'm used to it already. Good job on the livery too. In the last two years they've had all sorts of colours with the blue, orange, yellow and white, making a bit of a jumbled mess. Now they've gotten rid of the blue, it makes a lot more sense :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: January 19, 2009 07:08PM
Posted by: Nickv
They've gotten rid of the blue, but replaced it with red. On a livery with orange... Clash ahoy!

I thought last years livery was bad, but how wrong was I! I am now actually glad that Piquet stayed, then there is only one Renault left after ten laps I have to look at.

(I typed that last sentence in four different ways and they all don't seem to be right, but I hope you'll understand it :P)
Date: January 19, 2009 07:15PM
Posted by: Fincent
Got to disagree with you completely on that one, lol. I think the red, orange and yellow go together brilliantly, it creates a firey kinda look and when you see it on track like this (see below) it just looks awesome imo. The nose is really growing on me too. It's different yeah, but really cool in a wierd kinda way like the girl at the back of the class who no one else fancies but you lol.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy