Bahrain Grand Prix 6th April ***SPOILERS***

Posted by MikaHalpinen 
Re: Bahrain Grand Prix 6th April ***SPOILERS***
Date: April 06, 2008 09:49PM
Posted by: gav
Don't think they need to apologise. They're commentating - talking about what they see, it's not fact. The media do pump things up a bit - certainly ITV could have made much more of it. I've no idea about other country's coverage.

They only saw 1 onboard slow-motion replay of it - Brundle himself said he'd have to look at it again and Allen hardly mentioned it. We could go and watch it again and again (and I did at the time - the joys of Media Center :D).
Date: April 06, 2008 10:15PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Boring race.

Muchado over nothing with the Hamilton shitstorm. Essentially what everyone is seeing is that unless the "golden child" starts up front he is really quite average as a F1 driver. Horrible start, shoddy driving, (his collision with Alonso) and bingo - he's no better than anyone else.

DC...wtf? If he keeps this up this will be his last season without a doubt. What was Button thinking as well?

BMW appears to be for real. Would love to see Heidfeld rewarded with a win for his good, steady, work...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: April 06, 2008 10:29PM
Posted by: IWE
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've no idea about other country's coverage.

Its same in here.. Never ending Kimi-Heikki show (sometimes featuring Nico):

"Kimi is most likely to be only driver to do just 1 stop", "Like always before Heikki is even with heavier car faster than Hamilton", "Kimi is driving slower than Massa, there most be somekind of tecnical problems", "there is 5 laps to go and Kimi is only 17sec behind leader so this will be close", "Kimi have lost frontwing, we havent seen yet what happened, but its sure he doesnt do any mistakes", "Nico cannot challenge driverX now, lets say that at the moment he is German and in last race when he was on podium he was Finnish",...

Thiskind bullshit starting already days before race weekend and it ends when same bullshit about next race will start. :S

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 06, 2008 11:11PM
Posted by: villej
I think you are exaggerating a bit there IWE. There is some sort of favourism towards Finnish drivers, but I think the commentators still are resonably objective.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: April 06, 2008 11:18PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
Ive listened to 5-live commentators on BBC radio about three or four times, and they along with Speedtv commentators are the most balanced and unbiased I have heard.

And about the commentators aplogising, I still think they should. Brundle said there is no way that two cars can catch each other so quick unless one slows and he ointed the finger at Alonso. Renault have proved he didnt slow.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2008 11:57PM by rapid_f1.
Date: April 07, 2008 02:43AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Got surprised with Non-tobbaco advertise in Bahrain , btw I support this decision from them, very nice :)

well is it just Bahrain or China won't use too?!?!? (considering that Monaco it's very remote the possibility of tobacco advertise prohibition)
Date: April 07, 2008 04:40AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Rodrigo007 Wrote:
> Got surprised with Non-tobbaco advertise in
> Bahrain , btw I support this decision from them,
> very nice :)
>
> well is it just Bahrain or China won't use
> too?!?!? (considering that Monaco it's very remote
> the possibility of tobacco advertise prohibition)

Anyone counting on the Chinese to do the responsible, moral thing will be sadly disappointed....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: April 07, 2008 04:54AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
SexySam182 Wrote:
> Why would Alonso brake test Hamilton anyway?

Indeed. 'CUI BONO?' is always the question to ask
Date: April 07, 2008 09:05AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Great performance by Massa but it was also expected as he always go strong here and Turkey.Kimi did quite good race also and keep the same speed as Massa despitate that he had poor balance on his car all weekend.Kubica did again great race and seem to have upper hand from Heidfeld at the moment.McLaren was a bit out yesterday but it happends ..they will comeback for sure.

Hamilton what a poor show from him! first messing up the start , then hitting with Alonso and then when overtaking Sato and Fisichella he was waving for them depitate the fact that they were on same lap fighting for positions so big thumbs down for Lewis...looks like success has get in to his head way too much .
Date: April 07, 2008 11:38AM
Posted by: marcl
He was thanking them for letting him past without blocking to much :) God knows what he was doing that for unless something happened that we did not see.

As I said though he is making the errors people expected from him last year. I think he is having the 2nd year thing alot of drivers get. He is not thinking 100% and maybe relaxing to much where as last year he was probably thinking 100% at the start and in the race.

I am sure he will get his head back together by the next race. But mclaren have a lot of work to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2008 12:39PM by marcl.
Date: April 07, 2008 12:10PM
This is what I've just had to read through in our family paper (grrr, but better than the Star we used to get). If you read it you'll get more than 3/4 of the way down before you stumble on a paragraph that isn't about Lewis @#$%& Hamilton.

The BBC will be better overall than ITV, but the Hamilton loving is going to be just as bad as it was pre-Sepang.
Date: April 07, 2008 12:34PM
From what I remember BBC never really loved any driver back when they showed F1 and back then we had Mansell etc.

They gave everyone good coverage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2008 12:43PM by marcl.
Date: April 07, 2008 12:43PM
Take a look at their MotoGP coverage this year (poor old James Toseland can't see where he's going for all the sperm hitting his visor), their website coverage and the Director of Sport's comments when they won the F1 rights back.
Date: April 07, 2008 01:02PM
tbh though its probably the same in every country when there driver is doing well. ITV used to be all JB and before that Hill.

Germany was probably all MS spain all Alonso.
Date: April 07, 2008 01:16PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
has anyone got a link to the wamilton alonso crash that works lol?

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: April 07, 2008 02:50PM
Posted by: flat tyre
It's shown at about 2:50 in this video:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: April 07, 2008 04:27PM
Posted by: n00binio
marcl schrieb:

> Germany was probably all MS...

there was a hype when he won his first two wc with benetton and also a bit of a hype in 2000 but not that extreme as you experience it atm
Date: April 07, 2008 04:36PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
Just found out that LH touched FA diffuser the lap before he crashed into him.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 07, 2008 05:48PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
and apparently the loss of the bridge on his front wing caused 'a flush of acceleration' right into/onto fernando. Either way its Hammy's own fault.

Date: April 07, 2008 07:31PM
Posted by: Red Sam
And either way, does it really matter? I think people on this forum are making more of a meal of it than either Hamilton or Alonso....

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy