Posted by: lam.alex
Kimi WHO ?
Re: Bahrain Grand Prix 6th April ***SPOILERS***
Date: April 06, 2008 03:14PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
lam.alex schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kimi WHO ?

the one who leads the championship, unlike massa ;-)

Date: April 06, 2008 03:14PM
Posted by: marcl
No seeing that again alonso lifted no wheel spin there they were already at speed.

I hope it does get looked at lewis could not now where he tried to go to the right but the speed difference was to great.

I look forward to hear what lewis says and alonso. Funny enough when alonso was fighting rb and others he never had a problem out that turn again.

Also wonder how long DC will be in the rbr car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2008 03:16PM by marcl.
Date: April 06, 2008 03:16PM
Posted by: gav
marcl Wrote:
> There would have been a gap had alonso not moved
> more to the right to stop the over take.
>
> Problem is alonso in the past has done things on
> track same as MS so people think the worse now.

You really love a story, don't you.

Alonso didn't suddenly slow and he's allowed to move across the track if he wants to - Hamilton just followed him and by getting a better exit to the corner, crashed into him. If Massa had done that he'd have been absolutely slaughtered by now.

Well done to Massa, the BMWs and Alonso for doing well with not only that hole in the middle of the rear wing, but also the entire right end-plate missing. Fisi and Rubens did well too.

Button and DC conspired to cock that up very nicely.
Date: April 06, 2008 03:16PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
WTF press conference?

Oh yeh, hamilton isnt in it...

Date: April 06, 2008 03:17PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
marcl Wrote:
> There would have been a gap had alonso not moved
> more to the right to stop the over take.
>
> Problem is alonso in the past has done things on
> track same as MS so people think the worse now.

Just seen it again in the post race doo dar, see what you mean he did move over by about half a cars length at the time of impact, however I thought the rules for F1 were you could move across and block once but you have to stay there? Kinda reminds me of the Schumacher - Montoya situation where Montoya lost his front wing at Brazil, however Schumacher suddenly moved over in that one, Alonso slowly moved across.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2008 03:19PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: April 06, 2008 03:19PM
Posted by: marcl
There is no way there is the speed difference at the corner unless someone comes off the power simple as that. Not even against fissi did lewis close in like that. Its a full accelation part of the track and the difference between the mclaren and renault is not that.

Had that been the other way round u lot would say lewis backed off!

And peole went mad when ms done that and the same in silverstone but as its alonso its ok.

I hope the truth comes out.

Dont know why i bother anymore tbh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2008 03:21PM by marcl.
Date: April 06, 2008 03:20PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Well, I was extremely annoyed with the commentators kissing Massa's ass towards the end of the race, but at least, 2nd place for Kimi and championship lead is great. I found the GP to be rather good actually...don't really feel the need for an overtake every other lap.

Good race for BMW btw. Really good to see them doing well like this. And when will teams learn that if you have a fast car, you don't fill the tank for a 1-stop if you are on the back??? I'm glad Hamilton didn't score points, but damn! Stupid move by McLaren.
Date: April 06, 2008 03:22PM
Posted by: gav
marcl Wrote:
> There is no way there is the speed difference at
> the corner unless someone comes off the power
> simple as that. Not even against fissi did lewis
> close in like that. Its a full accelation part of
> the track and the difference between the mclaren
> and renault is not that.
>
> Had that been the other way round u lot would say
> lewis backed off!
>
> I hope the truth comes out.

The truth is out. In no way on earth did he slow down. Had he backed off he'd have lost much more speed with the amount of compression on those engines. Had he even touched the brakes he'd have lost loads too - there was absolutely no modulation in the rate of acceleration from Alonso's car once he'd left the kerb - he just ran wide in turn 1 and got a slower exit through 2 as a result. The only possible argument is that Alonso moved over on Hamilton, but the rules say he is fully entitled to do so.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2008 03:23PM by gav.
Date: April 06, 2008 03:23PM
Posted by: Nickv
Pretty boring after the beginning...

Joe_Satriani schreef:
I found the GP to be
> rather good actually...

So what, besides a Ferrari win, makes a GP good in your opinion? I'd like to know...
Date: April 06, 2008 03:28PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
marcl Wrote:
> lewis backed off!

Not really, Don't like either of them myselfs, they are both big headed twats imo, only difference is Hamilton tries to hide it... poorly. From what I saw from that replay, could have either been coming across to the inside line which in F1 rules you are allowed to do or he was coming across to the inside line and found the gear problem Piquet Jr was also having. None of us know yet somehow the whole of ITV definetly know it was brake testing?!

Also I seem to remember with that Schumacher incident it was really only the MS haters going off, none of the F1 grid thought there was anything wrong with the move other than Montoya

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: April 06, 2008 03:29PM
Posted by: Monza972
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> WTF press conference?
>
> Oh yeh, hamilton isnt in it...

Yeah, its mad. I hate it when ITV does that.

Great win For Felipe :), glad to see him at the top step of the podium. By God what an astounding performance by the BMWs, Robert on Kimi's lap times at the start of the race, I never thought he would back down. AND HE DIDN'T! :o

Great Race :D
Date: April 06, 2008 03:30PM
Posted by: mikef1
Not a great GP but a good comeback race for Felipe who drove very well under the pressure.

Kimi looked content to come second seeing as he didn't have the pace to win this GP but he's leading again and his early fight with the two BMWs was fun to watch.

Great performance from Robert too, knew he couldn't win but the best result he could realistically hope for. I'm very glad to see BMW so competitive.

Not sure about the Fernando and Lewis incident, i know that Fernando was making it hard for Lewis to get past but we'll have to see what the stewards have to say about this. Only the telemetry will tell the full story but you'll get the usual people jumping on Fernando claiming that he is dirty driver without all the facts.
Date: April 06, 2008 03:31PM
Posted by: kimiraik
That was not a boring race..and bahrain 2006 was awesome
Date: April 06, 2008 03:34PM
Posted by: mikef1
Ianwoollam Wrote:
> marcl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Had that been the other way round u lot would
> say
> > lewis backed off!
>
> Not really, Don't like either of them myselfs,
> they are both big headed twats imo, only
> difference is Hamilton tries to hide it... poorly.
> From what I saw from that replay, could have
> either been coming across to the inside line which
> in F1 rules you are allowed to do or he was coming
> across to the inside line and found the gear
> problem Piquet Jr was also having. None of us know
> yet somehow the whole of ITV definetly know it was
> brake testing?!

Yep, gotta agree.
Date: April 06, 2008 03:35PM
Posted by: IWE
Also I think it was pretty ok race. There was some small happenings spreaded over whole race unlike so many times on past seasons..

Also posibility of some team order was flying around all the time what made it interesting. :P

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 06, 2008 03:42PM
Posted by: jbnd05
marcl Wrote:
> There is no way there is the speed difference at
> the corner unless someone comes off the power
> simple as that. Not even against fissi did lewis
> close in like that. Its a full accelation part of
> the track and the difference between the mclaren
> and renault is not that.
>
> lewis backed off!
>
> And peole went mad when ms done that and the same
> in silverstone but as its alonso its ok.
>
> I hope the truth comes out.
>
> Dont know why i bother anymore tbh

I know how you feel. It's okay to criticise when Hamilton has done something wrong, but if anything happens to him, everyone else is innocent.

It wasn't a terribly exciting race, but I was surprised that Kimi had less fuel.

Date: April 06, 2008 03:46PM
Posted by: Bruninho
*laughs*

Sorry i will just come back later to comment the race... I cant stop laughing at Alonso blocking Lewis...TOP STUFF, I LOVED IT! Amazing how his rearwing was still there *lots of laughs*

BRAVO BMW! Now they only need to win a race to be considered a top team :)

Date: April 06, 2008 04:07PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Hehe, Alonso's block was pretty cheeky ;-) he certainly keeps races fresh, Alonso!

Lots of bits and pieces all over the place at the start. These cars without TC certainly make the starts more interesting!

I enjoyed this race, didn't find myself dozing off at all. I'm glad Massa won, he deserves it :) nice to see him with such a good pace considering the amount of fuel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: April 06, 2008 04:20PM
Posted by: mr.napa-br
lol at Brazilian commentary! On the Lewis-Alonso incident, they thought it was Nelsinho ¬¬. And if that wasn't enough, in the post-race analysis they insisted on it. *rolls eyes* BTW, it's Lewis fault =]

Anyways, awesome comeback from Massa, untouchable throughout the weekend, should make the press cut him some slack through the week.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy