Bahrain Grand Prix 6th April ***SPOILERS***

Posted by MikaHalpinen 
Re: Bahrain Grand Prix 6th April ***SPOILERS***
Date: April 05, 2008 12:42PM
Posted by: tripleM
"it will always be more preferable to have an impact with a wall side on, purely because theres a bigger surface area to abosrb teh impact, again, simple physics..."

If you say so, lawl.

Date: April 05, 2008 12:51PM
Posted by: Monza972
haha yeah they really can't speak today. Maybe they had a very heavy night out
Date: April 05, 2008 01:19PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
itv's feed is a total waste of bandwidth

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 05, 2008 01:41PM
Posted by: mcdo
Minimum lap time requirements in qualifying now, to head off the mess in Malaysia. Massa's on some sort of a charge. Looks like he knows this is a make or break race.
Date: April 05, 2008 01:44PM
see the psycology of kimi he lets massa get excited then crushes him in the race.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Yes! My 4 gridbids drivers are 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th on the grid!

[Website]
Date: April 05, 2008 02:08PM
Posted by: Gaulty
Well, who saw that coming? Great result for BMW, made my day.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: April 05, 2008 02:08PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
GOOOOOOOOOOO KUBICA!!!! :d:d:d

went quite ballistic there!!! :D:D

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: April 05, 2008 02:11PM
light on fuel surely, depending on how many laps light it may not turn out to be that great a lap.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 05, 2008 02:12PM
Posted by: FlyinFinn2
Amazing Robert! Congrats!

Massa with gear problems?

Kimi And Heikki Heavy?
Date: April 05, 2008 02:14PM
Posted by: Briere
KOO-BEE-KAH !
rapid_f1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> light on fuel surely, depending on how many laps
> light it may not turn out to be that great a lap.

They've not shown themselves to be going particularly light on fuel so far this season, and Kubica's been pretty fast consistently, so I don't think they'll be really light.

[Website]
Date: April 05, 2008 02:18PM
Posted by: autogyro
Wow, well done Kubica. Irrespective of the amount of fuel, getting pole is still a worthy achievement against the likes of Ferrari and McLaren.
Date: April 05, 2008 02:18PM
I would guess about 2 laps lighter than massa and about 3-4 laps lighter than kimi, nh, lh. he was 7 tenths quicker than nh.

and i doubt bbc will be any better than itv with lewis loving, bmw just get their 1st pole and they put on the site that lh is third in qualy as their motorsport story.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2008 02:22PM by rapid_f1.
Date: April 05, 2008 02:24PM
Posted by: chet
Great result for Kubica. Good laps for Kubica, Lewis and Jense :D

It's nice to see him in the top10 again! It was important to get ahead of the Renaults and RedBulls because I think the fight for 7th and 8th will be tight. But it seems both the Toyota of Trulli and Williams of Nico are quicker than the Hondas/RedBulls/Renault. Gonna be a great race!

edit - shame im gonna miss it :(

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2008 02:24PM by chet.
Date: April 05, 2008 02:37PM
Posted by: stipe
Nice to see change at front even in qualy. I wish to see BMW seriously fight for wins, atleast in some races...

Bravo to Kubica :)
Date: April 05, 2008 02:58PM
Posted by: Bruninho
BRAVO KUBICA!!! ;) Amazing, BWM FTW!

Stupidly amazing laps from Jense as well, hopefully this race will be damn good with Robert in P1 :D

Date: April 05, 2008 03:01PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Wow! This was a great result. I was already annoyed with Massa, so to see Kubica get pole position was really superb. Looks like Kimi is heavier than everybody else, which should payoff nicely during the race. Would've been better if he was on 3rd, but roll on tomorrow. I don't think Kubica can win just yet, but a podium is possible I think.
Date: April 05, 2008 03:17PM
Posted by: Sauber89
huge well done to kubica it was a superb lap and it makes for a cracking race tomorrow

Date: April 05, 2008 03:21PM
Posted by: autogyro
sasjag Wrote:

> it will always be more preferable to have an
> impact with a wall side on, purely because theres
> a bigger surface area to abosrb teh impact, again,
> simple physics...

Thanks for dumbing down physics in order to prove your argument. Here's some issues that you've neglected that you might consider useful:

1. Objects have a strong and weak direction. This is common in many objects, as we do not drive cubes. Take a piece of paper and roll it into a cylinder. Now, try to compress the cylinder from the ends and crush it. Take a new piece of paper and roll it into a cylinder. Now, try to bend it. You should notice that it is easier to bend the cylinder than to crush it by compression. This leads to the next point:

2. Many forms of steel tend to be weaker in shear than in compression or tension. A rigid bar of steel, such as the side of a car chassis, may fail suddenly by shearing when t-boned. Alternatively, because of the greater area of a car's side, greater moments are generated for any given force.

3. The purpose of crumple zones is to dissipate the energy of an impact over a greater period of time. Furthermore, the driver is far closer to the side of the vehicle than the front.

This is why many drivers are killed from side impacts. Within the last 2 years, 2 V8 Supercar drivers have died because of side impacts which arguably, may have been survivable had they collided head on (both were killed by trauma to the head/chest). In fact, Chris Alajajian slid sideways into the side of Mark Porter's car, which by your theory should have been the safest possible way to crash.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy