Posted by MikaHalpinen 
Re: Bahrain Grand Prix 6th April ***SPOILERS***
Date: April 07, 2008 07:49PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
And either way i was just stating the latest developement

Date: April 07, 2008 08:03PM
Posted by: Red Sam
No, thats fair enough. I was making a general point - didn't mean it to look like it was aimed at you :)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: April 07, 2008 08:41PM
Posted by: danm
okay, moving on from the ludicruously boring alonso/hamilton crap that should have eradicated last year.....

anyone spotted how insanely close the title is after 3 races! one dnf from kimi or a solid few podiums could see the likes of Kubica or Heidfeld carrying it this season! :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 07, 2008 08:43PM
Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, thats fair enough. I was making a general
> point - didn't mean it to look like it was aimed
> at you :)

LOL ok :)

Date: April 07, 2008 09:59PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
danm Wrote:
> anyone spotted how insanely close the title is
> after 3 races! one dnf from kimi or a solid few
> podiums could see the likes of Kubica or Heidfeld
> carrying it this season! :D

Erm...not that close...last year it was a lot closer at this point (Remember, 22 points for Kimi, Alonso and Lewis after the Bahrain GP).
Date: April 08, 2008 08:14AM
Posted by: IWE
With small difference that this year atleast still in this point there is 2 or 3 more drivers with 'realistic' chances..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 08, 2008 08:43AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi

at 1.17 you can see hamilton losing his front wing, and little bit earlier the batle between heikki and kimi, heikki just comes on the dirty stuff, should do that :P

Date: April 08, 2008 09:27AM
Posted by: marcl
good vid thanks for that
Date: April 08, 2008 11:55AM
Has anyone else read that Lewis front wing broke 2 seconds before he hit alonso and this is what caused him to gain that amount of speed and hit alonso?

I know alonso said lewis had already touched the back of his car once, this is what seems to have done the damage.

Mclaren are looking at what broke the wing or if it broke itself.
Date: April 08, 2008 12:28PM
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
>

>
> at 1.17 you can see hamilton losing his front
> wing, and little bit earlier the batle between
> heikki and kimi, heikki just comes on the dirty
> stuff, should do that :P

its gone by FOM :( lol

Date: April 08, 2008 12:40PM
I haver no idea why kovy done that though by the time he got to the corner his tyres were totally messed up and covered in dust.
Date: April 08, 2008 12:49PM
Posted by: Nickv
marcl schreef:
> Has anyone else read that Lewis front wing broke 2
> seconds before he hit alonso and this is what
> caused him to gain that amount of speed and hit
> alonso?
>
> I know alonso said lewis had already touched the
> back of his car once, this is what seems to have
> done the damage.
>
> Mclaren are looking at what broke the wing or if
> it broke itself.

Entirely untrue. I've seen the vid multiple times and the wing comes off when Hamilton hits Alonso. Before that, the wing was exactly the same as the lap before.
Date: April 08, 2008 12:56PM
Posted by: IWE
exactly.. And dropping wing doesnt make car to jump into Hyperspace.

I would say it was more something like what happened 2 years ago to Kimi in Hungary when he simply wasnt awake enought and crashed to rear-end of some toro rosso car. Its so simple.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 08, 2008 01:21PM
Posted by: gav
Hamilton's wing was damaged for almost the entire lap before though. He hit Alonso in turn 4, and if you look at the live onboard shot during the first lap, you can clearly see some of the 'bridge' wing is missing. It's less clear from the trackside cameras as they never focussed on him.

Have to say, in hindsight, the direction was utterly shocking for that race. There was so much going on in the first 3 laps that we saw absolutely nothing of. I thought Vettel's engine exploded (dropping that oil), but it appears he was hit twice, there were touches in turns 1 and 2, Button hitting someone in turn 4 as well as Hamilton and Alonso colliding (both of who had onboard camera's facing the other), Piquet's spin on the oil, the constant slithering that lap which we saw nothing of, whatever broke DC's car... all of those just come to mind - there must have been more.
Date: April 08, 2008 01:35PM
I think its a bit to far fetched but from the on car came you can see the nose move just before he hits alonso. It looks like it is a slight wobble but its so hard to see.

They say the car lost drag due to this and thats why it sped up like that and he then hit alonso.

Yes u are right alot happened on that lap and they missed alot.
Date: April 08, 2008 01:39PM
Posted by: Nickv
marcl schreef:
> I think its a bit to far fetched but from the on
> car came you can see the nose move just before he
> hits alonso. It looks like it is a slight wobble
> but its so hard to see.
>

Like I said, it wobbled the full lap before.

> They say the car lost drag due to this and thats
> why it sped up like that and he then hit alonso.

Don't listen to them, listen to me: you can clearly see Alonso had a @#$%& exit.
Date: April 08, 2008 02:15PM
I do find it hard to beleive that bridge wing can have that affect
Date: April 08, 2008 02:25PM
Posted by: gav
What effect? Creating less drag? It probably did create less, but very, very little. Hamilton was just quicker in a straight line - much quicker. Even with a poor exit to the final corner he was almost with Alonso by turn 1. Pat Symonds himself said that Renault are disappointed with their engine torque and power relative to McLaren and Ferrari.
Date: April 08, 2008 02:48PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Hamilton's wing was damaged for almost the entire lap before though. He hit Alonso in turn 4, and if you look at the live onboard shot during the first lap, you can clearly see some of the 'bridge' wing is missing. It's less clear from the trackside cameras as they never focussed on him.

Yeah but the bridge wing disappears come the fast downhill esses and flies off over Lewis's head. There is no doubt the car was damaged, but McLaren actually said it was damaged less that the wing fell apart less than 2 seconds before he hit Alonso - which is just bollocks.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 08, 2008 03:00PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
IWE schreef:
> exactly.. And dropping wing doesnt make car to
> jump into Hyperspace.
>
> I would say it was more something like what
> happened 2 years ago to Kimi in Hungary when he
> simply wasnt awake enought and crashed to rear-end
> of some toro rosso car. Its so simple.

Yeh but thats another kind of example, as the toro rosso was slowing down, alonso wasnt, could be that he wanted to slipstream and just before reaching alonso flying over to the right, like he normally does, but with the damaged bridgewing the car reacted little bit later and he was on alonsos rear?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy