JPM to Ganassi Nextel Cup #42

Posted by DaveEllis 
Re: JPM to Ganassi Nextel Cup #42
Date: July 09, 2006 10:49PM
Posted by: chet
Dave ffs.

I have quoted you straight out in my post, you have controdicted yourself...

YOU SAID. "The racing in question has nothing to do with it."

Yes or no?

Later JPM SAYS "I want to get back to racing" and

"The racing here is so much more fun"

:S

Then YOU SAY "Its not about the winning. Its about fun."

And yet in an earlier post YOU SAY "Its about the winning (or he wouldnt be in a Ganassi NASCAR) and its not about the money. Its about enjoying life"

Please explain wtf you are talking about by explaining wtf you have typed and what is correct ='/ Because tbh it seems asif the racing in question really does have something to do with his decsion.

I guess its down to you ignoring what I actually typed, and this time me paying attention to what you have typed. It seems Dave here may have got confused.

And again, I ask what kind of motivation is 'I want to have fun?'

For sure, as a top class racing driver, racing in a supposedly top class series (now and then) then his motivation should be to win?

If not then it does explain the few 'Monty' incidences he has had in previous years.

This time, answer my post and not type some bullshit trying to get out of a hole you seem to have dug for some mysterious reason ='/

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 09, 2006 11:02PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I have quoted you straight out in my post

Are you incapeable of going finding quotes and news yourself? Or do i have to force feed you like i do my 2 year old daughter?

Well done on misquoting and taking stuff out of context chet. It seems that not only do you need force fed stuff, you need it explained too.

And again, I ask what kind of motivation is 'I want to have fun?'

Thats already been answered (not that I'd expert you to understand written english). But since thats already been explained, lets disect your "point" (not that it actually has a point)

What is life without fun? Wheres the fun in winning if you dont like living where you are, dont like the sport your in, and dont like the cars your driving? Wheres the fun even if your winning? Its not all about the winning chet. Its not all about the money. Its about enjoying the racing and enjoying driving.

This time, answer my post and not type some bullshit trying to get out of a hole you seem to have dug for some mysterious reason ='/

Quite simply chet, your a f**king idiot and really should go f**k yourself with a vortex generator. You have f**k all understanding of motorsport in any way, and you prove this every time you type on a forum.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2006 11:05PM by DaveEllis.
Date: July 09, 2006 11:19PM
Posted by: danm
guys, does it really matter?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: July 09, 2006 11:20PM
Posted by: marcl
an example was JV he was not having fun anymore at BAR and this was affecting his driving. Now he is enjoying himself again he is driving better. Look at jb, he is not enjoying himself at the mo and everytime u see him he has a long face and RB is doing better than him.

jpm clearly is not enjoying f1 at the mo at all, but i think he will be dropped by mclaren now as he is leaving at the end of the year. Or maybe now the pressure is off we will see a different jpm one back up there fighting for wins
Date: July 09, 2006 11:22PM
JPM hinted on the Nextel Cup coverage which is on now that he is trying to get out his F1 contract early to get a good start for next year.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 09, 2006 11:24PM
Misquoting? Lol!
No. Like I said previously you had typed two oppostite things.
And how can I take two opposite things you said out of context? ='/

Of course its about enjoying what you doing, I never said otherwise.

It's just I guess it could be the reason for JPM not doing as well as Kimi.

Its quite clear Kimi has the motivation to win, and it did seem asif JPM was enjoying F1 too much.

When JPM is about to earn possible millions, I am worried that he wants to just 'have fun' and 'enjoy his driving' which for all we know, he could enjoy driving slow. He is going to be paid to drive, drive to win. For a racing driver, it should all be about winning. He is after all a 'real racer' as you said.

Tbh I cant imagine why have you got so angry? Are you angry that you have stated two opposite views, or what? :S I mean really, you must be pretty annoyed calling me a 'f**king idiot' lol. I obviously will not respond to the rest of your delightful comments! :D However I would say those ego boosting personal insults are realy coming on! :) And you follow me on other forums now?

So have you decided yet... is it about the racing? Is it about winning? In both cases you have told us the opposite :S

Date: July 09, 2006 11:25PM
danm Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> guys, does it really matter?
>
>
>

yes! ;)

I was just confused, two different things were being said by the same person, to suit the time of need. I meerly wanted to know what Dave realy thought.

Date: July 09, 2006 11:28PM
/me completely ignores the 2 moronic posts above

JPM got another interview on the Nextel Cup Coverage. Hes in the Ganassi pit stall watching it all up close, with a massive grin on his face. Someones enjoying it over there!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2006 11:28PM by DaveEllis.
Date: July 09, 2006 11:29PM
Posted by: Sauber89
wow at montoya news he's an idiot imo from quicker than kimi at times last year to racing with the rednecks.

whats with the arguing btw its gettin samey

Date: July 09, 2006 11:32PM
Posted by: mortal
I'm just about to lock this thread, but maybe I'll find a reason not to, but I must say that statements along these lines don't help or contribute much to the overall quality of the post.

Quite simply chet, your a f**king idiot and really should go f**k yourself with a vortex generator. You have f**k all understanding of motorsport in any way, and you prove this every time you type on a forum.

Not really a clever response when a forum member takes another to task over contradictions that are apparent to said member, never mind if he has got it wrong, people are well entitled to their opinions. I have no desire to take sides in this issue but if it cannot be resolved via the pm service and out of the public forum the thread will be removed.
The forum rules clearly state that abuse of fellow forum members is not tolerated, there are far better ways of handling disputes than advising a member to insert a vortex generator where the sun don't shine etc. etc. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 09, 2006 11:35PM
Posted by: matt3454
Wow great community spirit, moderators calling posters @#$%& idiots and such, instead of handing out insults maybe you should just lock the thread

Date: July 09, 2006 11:39PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
I am a huge montoya fan, i think this is a fantastic career move.
Car setup is what is montoyas problem in f1. he obviously drives absolutely as commited as any driver, but you can tell he is quite bad at setting up a car for a race.
I for one will be following nascar more closely next year instead of boring f1. i hope if montoya succeeds, then more talented f1 drivers will follow him.
This moves shows to me exactly how boring F1 is these days, with only the driver in the best car or on the best tyres winning. i think montoya is as good as any top driver, but he could never set his car up properly in f1. when he did he was on fire, like in germany 2003, or his 7 poles in 2002. and he made michael schumacher look like a goose with all the great passes he did on him, and forced schumi into many errors.
Now he will go back to a series where sheer talent comes through, and im sure he will be champion again.
There isnt enough room in modern f1 for too many great drivers, cos there isnt enough great cars... i think villenueve and coulthard should be brave and also go to a series where they will be winners again.
Nascar has been growing huge this last few years, i live in australia, we dont get the races, but i always go online to download race highlights. now i, and i suspect many others will try to watch many races next year, and F1 will continue its borathon of no overtaking, and rule designing to help its lone ambasodor, that cheat schumacher.

Nascar will be awesome next year, while i suspect f1 will no doubt be that same old ferrari/bridgestone monopoly. i hope raikonnen makes it interesting and whips schumachers arse by driving a ferrari, but i suspect schumacher may chicken out of that and retire this year.

Now i hope irl and cart merge, cos that would be a great series. F1 is the most boring of the top motorsport series, especially this waiting for pitstops to overtake. juan pablo was a shining light in this otherwise dreadfully boring series the last few years. His drive in canada showed the difference between him and these borathon f1 drivers. he attacked and tried passing cars, while the balless schumacher waits for pitsops. showed to me that obviously schumacher doesnt love racing, only winning. and i really hate that, he chooses his teammates... doesnt have the balls to team with another great driver, like monty did with raikonnen at mclaren. he blatently cheats... (no examples required).

I cant wait to see monty in nascar.
Date: July 09, 2006 11:41PM
The forum rules clearly state that abuse of fellow forum members is not tolerated

Is it possible to have

"Members must not be @#$%& fruit cakes" added to the rules? That would solve this problem in a fashion I'd be very happy with.

Date: July 09, 2006 09:35PM
Posted by: matt3454 (IP Logged)

Wow great community spirit

I think you misunderstood mortals post. But, you'd have loved the old days in GPG. There was community spirit back then. Now days we have too many idiots taking the average posting IQ down, forcing the more old skool members to change toother forums in order to get a decent discussion. The few times an old member does end trying to have a discussion, it falls to bits when they have to explain why another member is being a complete idiot. The whole aerodynamics debate with our own fantastic aerodynamic expert chet at the helm of it is another brilliant example. Trained aerodynamic engineers are wrong, according to our very own GPG members. Its so bloody frustrating seeing GPG fall into a downward spiral of crapness thanks to the n00bs.

AdamGilchrist, you are a breath of fresh air in this forum. Thanks for an informed post.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2006 11:42PM by DaveEllis.
Date: July 09, 2006 11:41PM
Posted by: Morbid
matt3454, if you read Mortals post again, I think you will find that you have severely misunderstood it.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 09, 2006 11:47PM
Posted by: matt3454
Meh.. i wont comment on any personal conflict again.

I think that F1 will miss characters such as Montoya, in his first seasons in F1 he was an amazing driver, but ive suspected for a while hes lacked ambition, got bored and wanted a fresh challenge. Nascar will be different for him and i look forward to watching him race next year.

By the way, what channel is Nascar on in the UK? ive only been able to catch it once or twice VERY late on channel 5 and it seemed alot more than just crashes and driving in circles as alot of people think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2006 11:47PM by matt3454.
Date: July 09, 2006 11:52PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
vbc is spastice. schumacher ran into monty in 2002 malaysia. and jos ran into him in 2001. its funny how if someone hates a driver, they will go as far as making up stories to put them down.
montoya only made as many mistakes as any other driver in f1. some people are idiots, even in 2003, schumacher won championship, yet made many more mistakes then raikonnen and montoya and others. if you dont believe me, go watch the races, and dont make up stories.
Date: July 09, 2006 11:53PM
NASCAR Busch Series is shown live (usually) on MotorsTV
NASCAR Nextel Cup Series is shown live on NASN (North American Sports Network) which is a pay channel on sky

Its also shown on Ch5 like you say, and thats probably the best bet if you dont want to pay for NASN (its a rip off).

It is VERY different to simply driving in circles. :) Watch Nextel cup for a proper experience. Busch Series is a support series, and simply isnt as good.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2006 11:54PM by DaveEllis.
Date: July 10, 2006 12:04AM
Posted by: Red Sam
JPM isnt bringing anything to F1, and his choices for next year are limited, as such the move makes sense.

As for the arguing - its becoming a common theme. I agree with Daves sentiments about the older days of GPG and the community spirit that existed.

Its time for everyone to grow up - newer members and older members alike. Threads like this do noone any good at all.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 10, 2006 12:07AM
Posted by: Slash
AdamGilchrist Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> I am a huge montoya fan, i think this is a fantastic career move.
> Car setup is what is montoyas problem in f1. he obviously drives
> absolutely as commited as any driver, but you can tell he is quite bad
> at setting up a car for a race.
> I for one will be following nascar more closely next year instead of
> boring f1. i hope if montoya succeeds, then more talented f1 drivers
> will follow him.
> This moves shows to me exactly how boring F1 is these days, with only
> the driver in the best car or on the best tyres winning. i think
> montoya is as good as any top driver, but he could never set his car
> up properly in f1. when he did he was on fire, like in germany 2003,
> or his 7 poles in 2002. and he made michael schumacher look like a
> goose with all the great passes he did on him, and forced schumi into
> many errors.
> Now he will go back to a series where sheer talent comes through, and
> im sure he will be champion again.
> There isnt enough room in modern f1 for too many great drivers, cos
> there isnt enough great cars... i think villenueve and coulthard
> should be brave and also go to a series where they will be winners
> again.
> Nascar has been growing huge this last few years, i live in australia,
> we dont get the races, but i always go online to download race
> highlights. now i, and i suspect many others will try to watch many
> races next year, and F1 will continue its borathon of no overtaking,
> and rule designing to help its lone ambasodor, that cheat schumacher.
>
> Nascar will be awesome next year, while i suspect f1 will no doubt be
> that same old ferrari/bridgestone monopoly. i hope raikonnen makes it
> interesting and whips schumachers arse by driving a ferrari, but i
> suspect schumacher may chicken out of that and retire this year.
>
> Now i hope irl and cart merge, cos that would be a great series. F1 is
> the most boring of the top motorsport series, especially this waiting
> for pitstops to overtake. juan pablo was a shining light in this
> otherwise dreadfully boring series the last few years. His drive in
> canada showed the difference between him and these borathon f1
> drivers. he attacked and tried passing cars, while the balless
> schumacher waits for pitsops. showed to me that obviously schumacher
> doesnt love racing, only winning. and i really hate that, he chooses
> his teammates... doesnt have the balls to team with another great
> driver, like monty did with raikonnen at mclaren. he blatently
> cheats... (no examples required).
>
> I cant wait to see monty in nascar.

I HOPE YOU MARRY MONTOYA ONE DAY.....,

LISTEN the guy sucks, and how long wil it take to adjust jhimself to that car?., he couln't adjust himself to the mclaren from the willimas, both being F1's, how on earth will he ever adjust to 2000lbs Car.....

I think he made the move just to get closer to Mcdonald's and being able to eat as much as he can without being bother.....

F-1 is and will be the best racing series ever., it's not about overtaking and spectacularity (if that word exists), it's about the quality of the product, engeneering and electronics at it's best, top drivers, top tecnology...,
if you want a racing show, go watch IRL, but don't diss F-1, Drivers just because montoya is switching,.. he just couldn't handle F-1,

PS: Montoya made Michael look like a goose????, i think it's the other way around guy....., and a guy that makes a lot of overtakking doesn't mean that its good, it just means that he can't place the car in qualifying where it belongs....
Date: July 10, 2006 12:13AM
LISTEN the guy sucks

I stopped reading your post at this point.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy