Williams confirms 2007 lineup
Date: August 02, 2006 05:55PM
Posted by: Stan
[v12racing.net]
so is Webber going to Renault or?

Re: Williams confirms 2007 lineup
Date: August 02, 2006 05:56PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Dammit Stan. Just posted after you. Both threads about Webber posted at 03:55PM.
Date: August 02, 2006 05:56PM
Posted by: Muks_C
cool, good to see Wurz back actually racing!

as i said in the other thread, the ITV commentators said that it might be good to get Flav's other driver into his team, Webber in Renault.

keep this thread, delete/lock the other 2 please :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2006 05:57PM by Muks_C.
Date: August 02, 2006 06:07PM
Posted by: Scorpion Racer
Well, I´m brazilian, and in this past weekend´s race, TV Globo say something that I thought was absurd, but now it´s starting to take shape. They´ve said that Mark Webber could be responsible for one of the most suprising moves of the season. Is he going to Renault? no, he is going to Mclaren, and they´ve said that a contact was already maded. Well, with this new now, i´m starting to believe that this can be true....
Date: August 02, 2006 06:09PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Muks_C Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> keep this thread, delete/lock the other 2 please
Oi Muks! This thread and mine were both posted at 03:55PM so in theory these two have equal rights to life. ;-)

The 03:56PM one can be deleted though. ;-)
Date: August 02, 2006 06:09PM
he'd be a nice number 2 to Alonso...

Date: August 02, 2006 06:15PM
Posted by: chet
OMG!
ALMOST AS GOOD AS HILL BACK RACING

F1 2007 WITH WURZ WILL BE AWSOME :):)

Yay!!!

I CANT WAIT!

@#$%& 2006 its shite ;)

Im not keen on Webber BUT he is nice, he is charitable he is friendly, he is hardworking AND he NEEDS a winning car. No, sorry one that will finish races.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 02, 2006 06:15PM
good job he's not going to Honda then...;)

Date: August 02, 2006 06:20PM
Posted by: lukepm
thats a weak lineup imo. rosberg is still learning. wurz was hardly impressive in 2000.
Date: August 02, 2006 06:44PM
Posted by: Nickv
I thought that was clear for a long time? IIRC Wurz signed the test contract at Williams 2006 and that he would be racing in 2007. Good to see him back racing though, I was afraid he would be a test-driver for ever...
Date: August 02, 2006 06:59PM
Posted by: marcl
webber will go to bmw or maybe he wont even get a seat that could happen dont think it will but could

1st time in years no top team knows their drivers

renualt/ferrari/mclaren and even bmw and rbr

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2006 07:06PM by marcl.
Date: August 02, 2006 08:21PM
Posted by: dangermouseaix
Surprising and I got to admit that I´m happy for Wurz although I used to be one of those that did not believe that he will ever drive a race again.

Keeping Rosberg is logical as he is the Future....he is clever, fast but still has to learn and who better to put aside a young one than a guy like wurz who has driven topcars for years now (even if it was ONLY as a testdriver)

For Webber, I can´t see him anyway near a Mclaren Cockpit whatsoever. How would one justify putting Webber into a McLaren? Has he ever shown anything impressive? No!
And putting him into a BMW Sauber would not make sense either as he was equal only on his better days (!!!) against Heidfeld last year. Villeneuve made the better impression vs Heidfeld IMHO.
So that would leave Webber for the Renault seat which he would get cause Flavio manages him. But still I think that is unlikely because Flavio has a sharper Blade in stock with Kovalainen. So Webber might consider a role as Testdriver for Renault, which would be a bitter pill to swallow (even for him)

Cu
Dangermouseaix

PS: for the idea of Webber switching to McLaren....why should they *buy* a driver as long as they have two fast and talented drivers in their own rows and one constant and good driver. Speaking of Hamilton and Paffet, which have IMO the best chances to get the seat if Raikonnen is going to leave. De La Rosa isnt bad but it is highly unlikely that McLaren and especially Mercedes will put two spaniards in the cars.
My guess is for Alonso / Paffet , as Hamilton needs one or two seasons to learn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2006 08:24PM by dangermouseaix.
Date: August 02, 2006 08:32PM
Posted by: Sauber89
strange stuff really i rreckon it may be a deal with toyota for webber although the mclaren one makes sense hamiltons too young paffets not that quick it appears in testing and webber has been great this year

Date: August 02, 2006 09:16PM
Posted by: Senna
Webber at Toyota? Hmmm.... they renewed with Trulli, but theres a seat here for 2007, as they havent renewed (AFAIK) RSC contract until now.

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: August 02, 2006 09:20PM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
Ralf has a contract until the end of 2007.

Date: August 02, 2006 09:20PM
Posted by: Senna
ur sure? I havent heard anything about it.

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: August 02, 2006 09:23PM
IIRC Ralf has a contract untill 2009.
Date: August 02, 2006 09:25PM
Posted by: RonnyF1
Webber has been GOOD in a few races this year. Maybe in a fast and reliable car he could win or at least join the front-runners club. Mclaren could be good for him.

And muks, i dont think that webber will play the 2nd driver role to Alonso. Hes not as good but he may deliver some good fights.
Date: August 02, 2006 09:27PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Webber wont go to Renault maybe to somewhere else like Toyta or McLaren.
Date: August 02, 2006 09:29PM
I highly doubt Webber will to go McLaren. I don't know who has thrown this silly idea in the world, but it is simply not gonna happen. McLaren haven't shown any interst in Webber and have enough good drivers themselves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy