> everything on my xbox 360, the controller is so
> much better, plus it has al lot more games. Also
> my xbox 360 had rodd after 2 years and two months,
> outside my guarantee, and got a new one within a
> week without costing me anything. My Playstation 3
> died 2 weeks ago after I had it for 5 months, and
> barely played on it. I hope the service is as good
> as Microsoft.

What are those lots of games that the PS3 doesnt have? That really baffles me because I can't think much more than Gears of Wars,Left for Dead and Halo, mind you I have both systems but to say that one is superior to the others because of the games nowadays is nonsense, they both have excellent games that really counter each other. And the controllers well I have no problems with neither of them so that's a matter of taste.
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: April 18, 2009 12:29PM
Posted by: Pluis
ROBITUSSIN JR. schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pluis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I got both the 360 and ps3. I play almost
> > everything on my xbox 360, the controller is so
> > much better, plus it has al lot more games.
> Also
> > my xbox 360 had rodd after 2 years and two
> months,
> > outside my guarantee, and got a new one within
> a
> > week without costing me anything. My Playstation
> 3
> > died 2 weeks ago after I had it for 5 months,
> and
> > barely played on it. I hope the service is as
> good
> > as Microsoft.

>
> What are those lots of games that the PS3 doesnt
> have? That really baffles me because I can't think
> much more than Gears of Wars,Left for Dead and
> Halo, mind you I have both systems but to say that
> one is superior to the others because of the games
> nowadays is nonsense, they both have excellent
> games that really counter each other. And the
> controllers well I have no problems with neither
> of them so that's a matter of taste.

Mass Effect, Forza 2, PGR, Downloadable Content for GTA4 and Fallout 3.

I didn't say I don't like the PS3, only the PS3 controller isn't to my liking, and if I have a multiplatform game I want to buy, I buy it for the 360
Date: April 21, 2009 03:58PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
pluis

[www.engadget.com]

:D i so want one

Date: April 23, 2009 03:40AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
NeilPearson Wrote:
> pluis
>
> [www.engadget.com]-
> ps360-controller/
>
> :D i so want one

Holy crap that's some determination.
Date: April 25, 2009 08:30PM
Posted by: IWE
Lolz I like! Wud make playing PS3 games much more comfortable :)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 10, 2009 12:36PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Yay! My second 360 is broken, and even the power cable has given up the ghost!

Go f**k yourselves Microsoft!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 10, 2009 03:19PM
Posted by: smorr
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Yay! My second 360 is broken, and even the power
> cable has given up the ghost!
>
> Go f**k yourselves Microsoft!

I've yet to get the rrod (Then again, Only had the 360 for about a year or so), but every now and then you can hear the box on the power cable start to weeze like none other.

Not expecting to much interms of longevity, unlike the oldschool NES (Which still works, slightly, after me tripping over it and knocking it down about.... ummm... 15 years ago atleast.)

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: August 10, 2009 06:51PM
Posted by: kubica2
to answer the question of the thread, i would say buy the system that has the games you want. They are both top notch machines. I have both (and a nintendo wii). I think the xbox360 and ps3 are in the same league, but both have games the other doesnt (i got ps3 for gt5 only, and am loving the prologue in HD!), and both offer amazing HD gaming on HD tvs.
The wii is the crappiest to me, i dont like how they only support up to 480p resolution. i have a big HD tv, and it is unnacceptable! even with the cartoonish graphics, which i dont mind, they are just too low resolution and blurry. the xbox and playstion beat the nintendo by a million miles in my book.
I got xbox 360 for forza 2, and Ps3 for gt5 prologue, i cant wait for forza 3 and the full gt5 game. its so sweet playing HD console gaming, i remember the days of the arcade machines 'Daytona' 'Sega Rally' etc, and thinking how amazing the graphics were, well i get that same feeling playing games like gt5 prologue in HD at my own house!
Date: August 10, 2009 09:01PM
Posted by: Guimengo
LS posted a small article on facebook saying any company dwelling in Europe has to guarantee its electronic product for 2 years from the date of purchase.

I chose to simply not buy the 360 and wait for the PS3 to be much, much cheaper. In my case videogames are a casual thing but the main game I played hasn't been well treated in the next gen, Pro Evo. Soccer.
Date: August 12, 2009 01:56AM
Posted by: SHEEPY
Had 360 since release, sent it back once to get a new motherboard coz of rrod, recently it stopped reading disc, but a good olde kick got it working again, had the rrod again but just reseted the console and it worked again
Date: August 13, 2009 05:44PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Guimengo Wrote:
> LS posted a small article on facebook saying any
> company dwelling in Europe has to guarantee its
> electronic product for 2 years from the date of
> purchase.

This particular console was never purchased. It is a replacement for a previously broken console.

They have agreed to repair the RRoD And the power adapter, but want £70 for the DVD Drive. So I'm bringing in Trading Standards.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 14, 2009 03:36PM
Posted by: lanky180
I got a PS3, its very good, fun to play but want a Xbox360 because all my mates have one and would be funner.

[batracer.com]
Date: August 14, 2009 05:52PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Personally I have a 360 and a Wii

Wii was bought for the Nintendo exclusives really, Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess and Smash Bros.

I've found it a pretty awesome, but for a serious gaming console it obviously doesn't challenge the 360 or the PS3

On the 360 side of things I've found that to be great as well, luckily haven't had any issues with it so far.. touchwood ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: August 15, 2009 02:06AM
Exchange it because it WILL! It has happened to every single person I know. No exceptions.
Date: August 19, 2009 06:13AM
It looks like it will be PS3! $100 bucks price drop worldwide starting this August 19th, PS3 Slim coming out September 1st and perhaps a 250gb version out by December. The XBox failure rate has been reported officially at 54.2%, with 41.2% of them failing twice!! To put it into numbers, that's about 15.72 million consoles that failed at least once (as they've sold about 30 million)!

Taken from Gamespot as well:
ONSOLE FAILURE RATE
PlayStation 3 - 10.6 percent
Wii - 6.8 percent
Xbox 360 - 54.2 percent

SECOND CONSOLE FAILURE RATE
PlayStation 3 - 14.7 percent
Wii - 11 percent
Xbox 360 -41.2 percent

GAMERS WITH FRIENDS WHO HAVE HAD A CONSOLE FAILURE
PlayStation 3 - 12.4 percent
Wii - 6 percent
Xbox 360 - 69.9 percent

"VERY HELPUL" CUSTOMER SUPPORT RATING
Sony - 51.1 percent
Nintendo - 56.1 percent
Microsoft - 37.7 percent

I am now very much leaning towards getting a PS3, only depending on games coming out and no chance of a 360.
Date: August 19, 2009 07:12AM
Well, let me put it this way.

My cousin bought a PS3 after I got my 360. We've switched a few times, and it always ends the same - He says he shoulda got a 360 rather than a PS3.

In all honesty, I feel the same way, even if the PS3 has the games I want. Failure rate is very, iffy if you will. If you play the 360 to death it will fail, BUT, if your not a hardcore gamer you will likely be more than safe.

Either way, just don't get a Wii. IMO, it wears thin quite quick with the constant rehash of average games with "NEW! Motion Control." Though, if you plan on being a party gamer, the way to go. Solo, not nearly as fun.

let me put it this way and keep it simple.

Hardcore gamer - PS3
Casual gamer - 360
PARTAY!!!! - Wii

Date: August 19, 2009 09:18AM
Posted by: SexySam182
I borrowed my mates PS3 for a month earlier in the summer to play Metal Gear 4 and I can honestly say there is nothing the PS3 does better than the 360.

Date: August 19, 2009 05:42PM
Typical of Sony to get a powerful console out that developers have issue using its resources so I think it will be a long while until we get games consistently better than the 360.

On the hardcore/casual note, smorrevicius, I have 2 friends who were very casual and got the RRoD within a year. As said before, that failure rate seems too low to be true given how many times we've read about them. If the PS3 had Stoked then I'd be ready to buy it in September, but as it is now without backwards compatibility I am not inclined to get it. PES 2010 sucks (PES sucks on next gen), I got the racing games in the laptop (though I don't get a chance to play), and I could see myself playing maybe SBK 09 and MotoGP 08 on the console, but that's it (though I have both on the PC and also MotoGP 08 on PS2!).

Also has anyone seen the F1 2009 game with the Valencia preview? It's disgusting, F1 2002 for the Gamecube looks better ;).
Date: August 19, 2009 06:32PM
I believe the vid of F1 2009 is either on the PSP or the Wii. Thus, it looks like a dog's rear end.

Theirs broke within a year? I find that very hard to believe. Either I've been extrodinarily lucky to this point, or everyone else can't take care of their stuff. Worse comes worse you should be able to send it in anyways. I've known 2 people to have the RRoD, and both are fairly hardcore when it comes to games. I do believe that they supposedly "fixed" the issue a while back, and they may have had an older version.

I think you'll find a reason Gui why most people say that the PS3 has nothing on the 360 - and that is quite simply it doesnt. It's like shooting fish in a barrel - Even if you miss you still win.

Date: August 19, 2009 07:09PM
Smorr one guy bought it in the Christmas deal of 2007, it was broken within the year. The other was actually more than a year, was about 1 1/2-2. The only 2 people I know to not have had issues so far have the Elite version and one works at Best Buy so he exchanged one he had with a newer one.

The F1 video is for the Wii but we were discussing how poor it is on the Wii in the other thread (which I saw only after posting here).

Lastly, most people I know couldn't afford the PS3 so chose XBox as it's (initially) cheaper, simpler to play without installing and it had a year advantage in the market, which is quite great margin. Most games are out on both and are very similar, I don't care about Gears of War being only for one and something else for the other. I find that most commentary being positive on the XBox is just for the simplicity and LIVE, which is a rip off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy