Guimengo schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After the original warranty or 3 months past the
> extended 3-year RRoD warranty?

It was then 2 year RROD i believe, but yes 3 months after that
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: August 31, 2009 05:09AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I bought the 120gb slim PS3 today with Metal Gear Solid 4 and Shaun White Snowboard. Very happy with my purchase, it is a pretty, powerful and sturdy machine :).
Date: August 31, 2009 04:02PM
Posted by: ralv585
Gui, have you got a nice hi def tv to go with it?

add me psn id: yupyupno

you need to get Uncharted, probably the best game on the system, and killzone 2, and gt5 prologue, and little big planet.

i love my ps3 fat, so shiny!

Date: August 31, 2009 06:09PM
I got 2 HDTVs at home, for now it's on my 19" one in my bedroom as I have to reset the big one in the living room. It looks SO stunning, it's absurd!

I didn't find Uncharted, I've played Killzone 2 but it's not my kind of game. I also dislike Gran Turismo, I bought GT2 for the PS1 and GT4 for the PS2 and feel like I wasted so much money... I have all the racing I need on my laptop! I was disappointed not to find SBK 09 though, it's supposed to be out but it's not in stores, only the other SBK from 08 :(.

I was already a member of the PS network through my PS2 when I registered it back in 2006 or so, I just logged in and it works so add me, Guimengo (duh ;))! When I get home I'll see what to do to get people in my friends list! :D
Date: September 01, 2009 12:01AM
Posted by: smorr
How can you read the text in MGS4 on a screen that small?

Heck, for the longest time I had not a clue what anything I picked up was ;)

Man I love that game. Sneeky sneeky .50 Cal a cow sneeky sneeky sneeky sneeky.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: September 01, 2009 12:02AM
Can anyone help me explaining why SBK 09 isn't sold in the US? I can't find it even on Amazon.com, while it is available on .co.uk. I have it for the PC (weird how that's out) but I can get more out of it on my PS3. Cheers!
Date: September 02, 2009 12:29AM
@Gui, haven't used home in ages, just doing the download now.

bowling is so good though!

Date: September 02, 2009 02:54AM
Posted by: micky-cannonball
Anyone of you, have an idea to hook up a ps3 with hdmi cable through PC lcd monitor? because im @#$%^& pissed off what my sony bravia did to my ps3, plus it ruining its graphics and its kinda blurry with some ghost trailing. whilst lcd monitor is compressed plus it has a clear picture.

Date: September 02, 2009 04:30AM
Get an HDMI to DVI cable, kev.

Ruben, you missed it! I started a dance contest and 6 people joined ;)
Date: September 04, 2009 03:05AM
So out of the 6 people here who have Formula 1 Championship Edition, what's your feedback on the game? I've found it for 20 dollars at a shop nearby and as I only have 2 games so far and dying for PES 2010/Last Guardian, I'm looking for more forms of entertainment!
Date: September 04, 2009 01:31PM
Posted by: IWE
Guimengo Wrote:
> Get an HDMI to DVI cable, kev.

Doesn't unfortunately work like that.. Even the cable fits PS3 "format" is wrong atleast for most of monitors without HDMI.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 04, 2009 03:34PM
Posted by: Covfan
It's not too bad a game gui, don't go expecting realistic handling or anything like that.
Date: September 04, 2009 04:27PM
Covfan Wrote:
> It's not too bad a game gui, don't go expecting
> realistic handling or anything like that.

Yeah, definitely am not. I remember the early laughs we had with that preview video and everyone on the same tires ;). Does it have decent/realistic driver and team performance though? I am just curious if when driving I'll see a STR in the front row, a Renault in the back... it seems like a nice buy now at 20 bucks but if it has unrealistic performance then I might as well save my money.

Edit: bought it and for 20 bucks it is very nice and can be fun/challenging without aids on a controller ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2009 08:01PM by Guimengo.
Date: September 04, 2009 08:44PM
Gui

forget about pro evo.

i was a die hard fan, but honestly fifa has taken over.

And no to f1!

should have got gt5 prologue, or at least waited for gt5, ts coming out soon (i hope)

the last guardian looks incredible, can't wait for uncharted 2 though

Date: September 04, 2009 08:55PM
I can't be arsed with GT series, they always let me down and I find it very tedious... I bought the F1 game for less than 20 bucks and I'm happy with it, I know it is no sim but if it can entertain me well then it's a good buy!

I'm hopeful for next PES 2010 because from all their promises it may be a return to PES 2007 quality and PS2 gameplay but next-gen! I know FIFA is a better game (not on PS2) but I still find it a bit frustrating overall, the quality just isn't high enough for me. If PES 2010 bombs then I'll be very sad :P
Date: September 05, 2009 06:38AM
Posted by: micky-cannonball
Can't wait to play Uncharted 2/Tekken 6. althogh im considering to if im gonna buy GT5 i think it has lack of speed for me though...still sticking to gt4, i couldn't waste my dfp wheel.

Date: September 08, 2009 01:06AM
Posted by: Enjoi
aww Gui, I was hoping you were gonna get FIFA 10 :P

I played the last Pro Evo on the PS3 because I got it with my console, but I could only manage a couple of games before I got annoyed with it and traded it in for FIFA. The new Pro Evo looks nice though so maybe they've improved it.

The new FIFA doesn't look too different to last years but they've got a few interesting things added. Something I'm excited about is the new game face software. As with Tiger Woods, Fight Night and other EA games you can now put your face in the game. The cool thing is - when you join a club online and play in the 10 vs 10 matches you download each others faces. lol doesn't take much to impress me :P

Probably gonna get GT5, although the GT games usually take a while before they get interesting and you get to drive the faster cars.

Just downloaded the CMR Dirt 2 demo today, really like it. The first dirt annoyed me because it was still trying to be a rally game but it went all Americanized and kinda lost it's rally feel - there's a bit where the co-driver says "slow and steady...im mr slow and you're mr steady" or something like that lol.

Ric Scott
Date: September 08, 2009 03:11AM
Haha Ric :P. I tried FIFA, I loved how they improved but then again they had no way to go but up, and it was quite fun for a while but it died quickly for me. I still play PES 2007 on my PS2 religiously, I updated most teams myself - including drawing logos and some emblems pixel by pixel - and created a few new players. The gameplay still is superior to FIFA, which now in next-gen feels sloppy and lagging, and they still have unrealistic goalkeepers (yes, PES has them too but not to an absurd level).

As soon as I saw a FIFA 10 trailer where they show Rooney 1-on-1 with a goalie and he just cannons it from about 2m away and the goalie makes a DIVING SAVE and DOESN'T give a rebound I knew it would be more of the same 2009 stuff, which is just recycled too-small improvements over 2007/2008. I don't care if they have every damn league if the game doesn't play as good and I have so many hopes for the new PES because they are saying it will be like the last-gen feel to the entire thing. I absolutely hate every PES in the X360/PS3, they're just not fun and the series took great backwards steps. You can also get your face in the game but you end up looking like you have Down's Syndrome, once you actually manage to get a picture showing properly :P.

I'll look for the DiRT 2 demo, yesterday I bought SBK which is very tough but feels realistic (and unlike 09, the rear braking is the main one). Thoroughly disappointed with no online on F1 Champ. Edition and Shaun White! The first one had support cease I believe and the 2nd one... no one plays it ;). How about a massive MGS4 multiplayer thing with GPG peeps?
Date: September 08, 2009 03:48AM
MGS Online (MGO) is rather iffy. Though, I must say, it's shocking how stupid people are. Or else I'm a master sniper. And I dont think thats the case. I pwn at that Urban Ultimatum map ;) Go along the back wall, hop up onto the ledge and pin the far building down like none other, or from the other side get on the boxes and hold the stairs, Just some tips for ya ;)

I didn't think PES was to bad on the 360, WE7 was better than the one I had on the 360 (Wanna say 08 or 07.), but still quite fun. Then again, I call the sport soccer, which should tell you how much I pay attention to the sport.

Go Castolo! ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2009 03:48AM by smorr.
Date: September 18, 2009 09:52PM
.......And guess what happened today. Let me say it now. Screw you Gui!

Twas playing some World At War, actually doing decently for once, then something started making noises. Sorta like fingers trying to stop a fan blade. Got louder, and in a matter of 5 seconds went from "What's that" to "SHI! RRoD!"

The Power unit thingy doesn't have a light on anymore, when it usually does even when it's not in use. Sorta smells burnt also (Which is odd, I had played maybe an hour to that point. I'm not a gamer either, so it doesnt see THAT much use), so I think it may just be the little unit. Not even the light on there comes on (Which according to my research should turn red if it is bad, but if it doesn't even do that obviously something isnt right at all)

And yes, it's plugged in. ;)

Dave, sound familiar? Reading a page or two back it appears you had the same thing happen, or something similar? Part of me thinks it's the little power unit thingy, as I've never had an issue previously besides that thing wheezing once before, but nothing major. Hopefully I can track down the guy I know who works at a video game shop to see if it is just the cable or the whole 360.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 10:14PM by smorr.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy