> DLC on top of the $60 bucks for the games is a bit
> too steep.
>
> Though recently I found something that might
> motivate me to get a 2nd game for my DS, Final
> Fantasy 4 seems to be good and they'll remake it
> in a decent way for the DS. I got the SNES version
> of it on my FF Chronicles bundle I got, just so I
> could play Chrono Trigger a few years back!

TIGHT ARSE

Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: June 19, 2008 05:02AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I make 12 bucks an hour and have to pay for rent and other bills, I might be able to save 100 bucks monthly after all is paid, if that much ;). I haven't seen any games that truly attract me so more than being financially responsible (tight arse/jew ;)), I just don't have any incentive to invest in a console right now! And the next XBox will be out in like 22 months or so :P
Date: June 19, 2008 07:57AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I make 12 bucks an hour and have to pay for rent
> and other bills, I might be able to save 100 bucks
> monthly after all is paid, if that much ;). I
> haven't seen any games that truly attract me so
> more than being financially responsible (tight
> arse/jew ;)), I just don't have any incentive to
> invest in a console right now! And the next XBox
> will be out in like 22 months or so :P

haha suck @#$%&. i make 22.

Date: June 19, 2008 11:41AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Guimengo Wrote:
> And the next XBox
> will be out in like 22 months or so :P

You know thats a fair point ;) Can't be long till the next Xbox.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: June 19, 2008 12:03PM
Posted by: sasjag
yeah but thats still 2 years

and Gui you make a piss poor amount :\

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 19, 2008 01:01PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
To be fair to Gui, I kinda side with him.

I paid for the xBox, I paid for the game, I paid my ISP, and I need to pay yet more to play online? And with complete morons? When PCs, Wii, and PS3 are free? No thanks. Don't care how much it is, the principle is stupid.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 21, 2008 10:18PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
It's not just having to pay to play online - you have to pay not only with just one account, but with every account - so if you had an xbox with a friends and made a save file on their xbox, you wouldn't be able to go online, only their account could. Daylight @#$%& robbery.

Also, could anyone clarify whether download content is set for the xbox, or the actual account - say if one account gets some dlc, if another account plays on that xbox, will they be able to access that dlc? I'm guessing not, and I think that is totally not on.

The thing is lots of kiddies will buy into this and I can't see this kind of greed going away any time soon.

H E L L O
Date: June 22, 2008 06:40AM
Daniel Knott Wrote:
> It's not just having to pay to play online - you
> have to pay not only with just one account, but
> with every account - so if you had an xbox with a
> friends and made a save file on their xbox, you
> wouldn't be able to go online, only their account
> could. Daylight @#$%& robbery.
>
> Also, could anyone clarify whether download
> content is set for the xbox, or the actual account
> - say if one account gets some dlc, if another
> account plays on that xbox, will they be able to
> access that dlc? I'm guessing not, and I think
> that is totally not on.
>
> The thing is lots of kiddies will buy into this
> and I can't see this kind of greed going away any
> time soon.

those points are stupid. so stupid i cant be botherd replying to them

Date: June 22, 2008 07:04AM
How are they stupid? You need to pay multiple times to have more than 1 player on your Xbox online?

And "points"? His other point was a question, which still remains unanswered.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 22, 2008 08:57AM
Posted by: Guimengo
It is a greedy thing but Microsoft isn't into any business not to make absurd profit. As much as I'd like to join the next-gen I just refuse to accept the terms of these companies and the only way we can make ourselves heard is by not buying.
Date: June 22, 2008 09:16AM
well u have 1 mobile phone, u can put any number of sim cards in it, do u have to pay to use the different sim card services? of course you do! why would it be different?

Download content i would assume is for the account only.

Date: June 22, 2008 09:24AM
If I buy a TV, am I the only person allowed to use it?
If I buy a PC, am I the only person allowed to use it?
If I buy a cooker, am I the only person allowed to use it?
If I buy an internet connection, am I the only person allowed to use it?
If I buy Satellite TV, am I the only person allowed to use it?
If I buy a CD, am I the only person allowed to use it?

The list goes on.

The comparison with Sim Card services doesn't work because that is 2 seperate companies offering 2 seperate services. However X-Box Live is not, it is 1 company and 1 service, charging multiple times. Given that you already paid fort he X-Box, the game, your ISP for the net connection, and possibly, the complete rape-age that is the X-Box wireless hardware, it is ridiculous enough to suggest you should then pay more to play online, and just down right insulting to suggest your household should have to pay multiple times for that privilege*. It is simply milking money from people, and even Sony, the king of all things overpriced and underdeveloped, aren't that stupid.

*Term used loosely given how awful and un-moderated the X-Box Live Experience seems to be.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 22, 2008 01:11PM
Posted by: sasjag
whilst its a good point, and i can see both sides of the argument, microsoft dont force you to sign up to live, you can quite happily get an xbox and games and never play online. i rarely play online atm unless its been pre-organised with a few mates, or i have 10mins to kill.

and be fair to microsoft; you get a month free when you buy the console so you can see how much u like it before you commit, and most new games come with a free month

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 22, 2008 01:37PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> If I buy a TV, am I the only person allowed to use
> it?
> If I buy a PC, am I the only person allowed to use
> it?
> If I buy a cooker, am I the only person allowed to
> use it?
> If I buy an internet connection, am I the only
> person allowed to use it?
> If I buy Satellite TV, am I the only person
> allowed to use it?
> If I buy a CD, am I the only person allowed to use
> it?
>
> The list goes on.
>
> The comparison with Sim Card services doesn't work
> because that is 2 seperate companies offering 2
> seperate services. However X-Box Live is not, it
> is 1 company and 1 service.

but anyone can use XBL as long as u use the one account.

i dont use your internet for my browsing. i fail to see the relevance of anything you listed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2008 01:39PM by NeilPearson.
Date: June 22, 2008 01:47PM

but anyone can use XBL as long as u use the one account.

Doesn't that completely defeat the point in accounts? Why have an account with achievements and stats when everybody uses the same one?

i dont use your internet for my browsing. i fail to see the relevance of anything you listed.

Why not? You buy something, and people can use it. If the world worked how Microsoft works XBL then you'd have 1 TV for every person in the house. 1 PC for every person, hell, you buy toilets don't you? Better hope Microsoft don't start selling them - you'll need a seperate pay account just to use a product that everyone else gives you for free.

and be fair to microsoft; you get a month free when you buy the console so you can see how much u like it before you commit, and most new games come with a free month

Yeah but nobody is disputing that. But whenever Gui, or me, or in this case Daniel, points out that Microsoft is actually ripping people off and this is why we didn't purchase an XBL Gold account, we get trolls running in crying and saying how we don't even have a point. Just because you are not forced to buy something, doesn't mean you are no longer allowed a valid opinion on something. If that is how it works, then I'll hear nothing bad about rFactor ever again please - after all, you get a free trial and aren't forced to buy it - so you may not say anything bad about it.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 22, 2008 02:02PM
every service works off an account. no matter what it is, why shouldnt xbl be any different? internet is done by accounts, its just that through other means we are able to split it off to seperate computers. oh and in my family we have 1 computer each, hell i have 2. i know of a few friends who are like this to. and i do understand that not every person is in the position to be so lucky.

Date: June 22, 2008 02:32PM
every service works off an account. no matter what it is, why shouldnt xbl be any different?

It shouldn't be different - exactly. My ISP doesn't require me to pay more than once for more than 1 person to use it. Why does XBL require me to pay twice to get 2 people online?

My phone, TV, internet access, and Wii online do not require 2 payments to use 2 people on the service. XBL does. So as you said - why should XBL be any different...? Given the XB supports more than 1 account on the hardware, why shouldn't that apply to XBL? Unless of course they were just trying to milk the cash.

oh and in my family we have 1 computer each, hell i have 2. i know of a few friends who are like this to. and i do understand that not every person is in the position to be so lucky.

You completely missed the point. You have that because you WANT it. You do not have it because you NEED to because the company is charging you twice. If you bought a PC and Dell turned round and said "Only you can use it, you need to buy a second one for another user", you'd be a bit miffed.

The whole thing is just milking cash to me. Right down to the refusal to employ an official moderation team. They won't even moderate there own games!

Again, buy it if you want, I won't try and stop you. Just don't be upset when people provide arguments as to why people think it is a bit of a con.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 22, 2008 06:29PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
DaveEllis Wrote:
> If I buy a PC, am I the only person allowed to use
> it?

Well technically its not just the deal with Xbox Live, but its the deal with most PC games nowadays isn't it? for instance if you buy a copy of World In Conflict, that CD Code is used by one online account only, the one that you signup online with, other users can't play with their own user accounts. World In Conflict is just an example, theres alot of other games which are like that, GTR games, GT Legends, Company of Heroes, all Valve games, most EA Games, actually thinking about it most new games have it with online play nowadays. Now granted you don't have to carry on paying whatever amount (Except stupid WoW and iRacing) annually but still it kinda balls up the argument of multiple people can use multiple accounts on one PC to play online :) Xbox technically has a leg up there, want to use 2 accounts then pay £26.99 for a 13 month subscirption (About the price of a PC Game) instead of having to buy every game on the PC that you want to play online twice so you can get 2 lots of CD Codes ;)

Now I know the next thing people are going to say is "Whats the point in buying a CD Code twice? just let people go online with your one!" Which is exacly the point that Neil was trying to make that you can just let others use the one Xbox Live Account! Like you let other people use the one TV you own, or the one sattelite dish owned, or the one PC owned, etc etc etc!

Don't get me wrong I agree that Xbox Live should be made free, I'd accept things like ingame adverts and adverts around the dashboard instead of the Xbox Live charge (Plenty of people would whine but @#$%& em!)

>Download content i would assume is for the account only.

I believe it works fine for other accounts on one xbox, works here anyway when me and a friend want to play Co-Op with the new packs on Rainbow Six.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2008 06:43PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: June 22, 2008 10:42PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Ianwoollam Wrote:
> Now I know the next thing people are going to say
> is "Whats the point in buying a CD Code twice?
> just let people go online with your one!" Which is
> exacly the point that Neil was trying to make that
> you can just let others use the one Xbox Live
> Account! Like you let other people use the one TV
> you own, or the one sattelite dish owned, or the
> one PC owned, etc etc etc!

The difference is the way the online content is integrated into the game. For a large majority of xbox live games, the online stuff is actually integrated into the main game and achievements and things.

Also your argument about that is inherently wrong too - at least GTR and GTL - you have many user accounts that save your controls and stuff, and all those user accounts are able to use your online cd key on that computer installation of the game.
In fact all games are like that - in valve's ones, it makes no difference - you can change your name at will online and the controls - it makes no difference.

Microsoft have deliberately encouraged an deep integration of the online content of the game with the main content, where as on all pc games, the integration is largely separate or inconsequential.

H E L L O
Date: June 22, 2008 11:00PM
World In Conflict is just an example, theres alot of other games which are like that, GTR games, GT Legends, Company of Heroes, all Valve games, most EA Games, actually thinking about it most new games have it with online play nowadays.

GTR, GT Legends, GTR2, and all other ISI based games allowed 4 (iirc) people to use a single CD Key. rFactor allows 4 on its activation key, obviously since it has no CD key. NR2003 was the same, as was Half Life and Counter Strike. And this doesn't take into account what Daniel has posted.

Which is exacly the point that Neil was trying to make that you can just let others use the one Xbox Live Account! Like you let other people use the one TV you own, or the one sattelite dish owned, or the one PC owned, etc etc etc!

But it doesn't work like that. Have you read the user agreement for the XBL account? You can't legally let anyone use it. And even if you did, it isn't designed for it and doesn't know who is who and track stats regardless - completely defeating the point in having a pay system anyway!

As I said, your ISP, TV and phone companies do not even attempt to make you pay twice to allow a second person to use the service. Hell, Sky even offered me a second FREE Broadband line, just for being on there service. To get a second person to use the same XBL Account completely compromises almost all of the features of the XBL Services anyway!

All of this is trivial anyway, as I still haven't seen a legitimate reason for paying for the service. PC Gaming has been free for years, PS3 is free, Wii is free. You pay for the hardware. You pay for the software. You pay your ISP. Then you pay more to Microsoft for a service that everyone else gives you for free - and then you put up with the horrendous user base and Microsofts inability to police the system they charge you money for!

Which is of course another point. If you pay for a service you have the right to demand a certain quality to the service. Being abused verbally, being unable to participate in gaming without wreckers and idiots ruining it, and having to trawl through the racism and discrimination to me doesn't signify a quality service.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy