Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: April 08, 2008 01:56AM
Posted by: Covfan
I joined the darkside, I got a PS3

It's a lot better than I thought it would be.
Date: April 08, 2008 02:29AM
Posted by: Guimengo
What was the deal you got?
Date: April 08, 2008 02:35AM
Posted by: Covfan
PS3 + Any new game + any used game for £275
Date: April 08, 2008 02:52AM
Date: April 10, 2008 10:47AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Xbox 360 "Newton" Motion Sensing Controller Confirmed

I can now confirm the existence of the Xbox Wiimote clone project and I can tell you the project code name : "Newton"

The "Newton" controller's code name is after the physicist Sir Isaac Newton. The internal Microsoft engineering code name is for this controller is "Newton" as in Newtonian Physics relating to gravity, inertia and acceleration. This is not to be confused with the defunct Apple Newton PDA, this is just and internal name, when this controller comes to market it will have a retail name.

The hardware is still being worked on and it might be a couple months before we see leaked shots of prototypes when they start to mass manufacture it but I am sure that there is an early software developer kit and prototype out there.

Source - [blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com]

Goddamnit even though the Wii's version works, PS3 proved with sixaxis that this is a damn waste of time!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2008 10:48AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: April 12, 2008 12:37PM
Posted by: IWE
Actually sixaxis was pretty funny with that weird duck game.. :P

Sadly this wasnt anyway ready in time for next big starwars game release, wich might have offered some "½ realistic" lightsaber action also on other consoles than just wii.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 12, 2008 03:25PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Six Axis was REALLY badly done though, and using the "Rumble is out dated" excuse, which later came back to bite them just made them look daft.

The Wiis system only works because it is a dedicated motion control system. Trying to throw both regular and motion controls into 1 generally isn't a great idea. The 360 isn't really designed for it, and the none of the current games could use it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 12, 2008 03:39PM
I only remember seeing a video of what probably was Ace Combat making use of six axis
Date: April 12, 2008 04:28PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I only remember seeing a video of what probably
> was Ace Combat making use of six axis

good for you?

I turned six axis on in motorstorm. i then turned it off again

Date: April 12, 2008 04:46PM
Well sixaxis has been completly dropped and the Rumblepads have come back. so now the PS3 controllers are just wireless PS2 ones ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2008 04:47PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: April 12, 2008 05:05PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
everything i read says sixaxis is still there, just now wuth Dualshock 3

this Dualshock3 controller from asia says sixaxis on it

Date: April 12, 2008 05:10PM
Ah fair enough! I thought Sony said they were gonna completly drop it, must have changed their minds.

Date: April 13, 2008 10:29AM
Posted by: IWE
It would be again 1 too embarasing thing for them with PS3 is they wud have to bury their consepts.. They had already so many issues with release (moving release forward multiple times because PS3 just simply didnt work atleast without fire,.. And finally not having enought consoles when release did happen etc..) :P

I didnt realize that motorstorm works also with sixaxis. Need to try it today for laugh, because this game feels so horrible also with normal controls. :D

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 14, 2008 11:28AM
[www.play.com]

About the cheapest anyone will be able to get the complete Rock Band Instruments for the moment, Problem is still have to buy the damn game ontop of it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2008 11:33AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: April 14, 2008 07:49PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Anyone who buys rock band in europe is just encouraging the greedy europe rapers. Just boycott the thing or if you really must, import it.

H E L L O
Date: April 14, 2008 07:54PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Yeah I've already decided I'm not buying Rock Band until its cheaper.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 14, 2008 10:12PM
Posted by: sasjag
holy crap? teh compleet game + instruments costs as much as an arcade 360 :|

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 14, 2008 10:44PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Still cant wait for it. A few friends and I are going to chip in to get it for the 360, for some summertime Rock Band fun :)

Date: April 15, 2008 12:41AM
Not worth it, SexySam! The guitar bit really lacks compared to Guitar Hero, I really disliked the buttons design in the game and the guitar stinks. Singing is quite limited and in fact you can actually just hum and still get a perfect score.
Date: April 16, 2008 09:39PM
Posted by: ralv585
remote play for the ps3 is the future!

its so good, just need to wait a bit longer until you can play your ps3 games on the psp, but i think that is mainly down to net speeds, if 10mb was standard, then remote play with ps3 games would be possible

also, anybody got a wii and mario kart?

add your friends code here so we can race!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy