> future, but there is one deal breaker in it for
> me.
>
> Will MGS4 come out on 360? If it does then I'll go
> for the 360 because I'm impressed by Live, its
> cheaper, and it generally seems to have better
> games. But if not then I am absolutely torn
> between the two lol.

Most likley I'd say no... The only way it would come out for the 360 is if when its released for the PS3 its sales figures are really awful... which to be honest won't probably happen as Sony will pay millions to keep MGS and promote it and milk it for all its worth ;)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: January 20, 2008 02:11AM
Posted by: Guimengo
then again MGS was released for other platforms ;-)
Date: January 20, 2008 11:42AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> then again MGS was released for other platforms
> ;-)

along time afterwords

Date: January 20, 2008 11:57AM
yeah but being offset by ~6 months shouldn't be the reason for a bad purchase
Date: January 20, 2008 04:01PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Guimengo Wrote:
> then again MGS was released for other platforms
> ;-)

mgs 3 hasn't though has it? :s :(

H E L L O
Date: January 20, 2008 04:49PM
Posted by: TC
Guimengo Wrote:
> yeah but being offset by ~6 months shouldn't be
> the reason for a bad purchase

I have been playing my PS3 more than my 360 over the last few months. I own a PC which I like to play all my first person shooters and things on. The Xbox 360 doesn't offer much more at the moment, atleast with my PS3 I have had a few games you don't really get on the PC with Ratchet and Clank, Eye of Judgement and Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and a lot more coming up over the next year.

Of course if you don't own a decent spec PC then the Xbox 360 is the better choice for the games released on the systems at the moment, but if you do then its probably worth taking into consideration as all the big Xbox 360 exclusives tend to come out on the PC aswell.
Date: January 23, 2008 01:30PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Yeah my PC is poor lol. And I'm pretty sure MGS3 came out on Xbox eventually. Theres quite a good deal on at amazon atm. I can get a Premium console, a second controller, Halo 3, Forza 2 and Viva Pinata for £270.

Date: January 24, 2008 02:06PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
not according to amazon :( [www.amazon.co.uk]

apparently you can get viva pinata on pc now too :) :) :)

H E L L O
Date: January 24, 2008 05:18PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
TC Wrote:
> Guimengo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > yeah but being offset by ~6 months shouldn't be
> > the reason for a bad purchase
>
> I have been playing my PS3 more than my 360 over
> the last few months. I own a PC which I like to
> play all my first person shooters and things on.
> The Xbox 360 doesn't offer much more at the
> moment, atleast with my PS3 I have had a few games
> you don't really get on the PC with Ratchet and
> Clank, Eye of Judgement and Uncharted: Drakes
> Fortune and a lot more coming up over the next
> year.

Only game I've really played on the PS3 is Uncharted (Seriously good game! :)) Ratchet and Clank I've just actually tried the demo and found it quite fun! I may end up buying that game down the line sometime when it gets a bit cheaper. Also been meaning to try out WarHawk as I've just got the internet fired up on my PS3 downstairs :) But tbh I've been playing more on my 360, the only time all last year (Bar release date) that I've used my PS3 is when Uncharted arrived! Games on the 360 and PS3 seemed identical graphical wise which means Music replacement, Gamer Achievements and the 360 controller makes me buy on the 360 when its multi-platform, it says something because the noise of the 360 drives me up the wall to no end but I endure it for those extras. 2008 looks really interesting for the PS3 though, Haze, MGS4, Resistance 2, GT5, Killzone 2, Motorstorm 2, that Home doo dar thing some other games which I couldn't really give a flying f**k about like FF ;) May be PS3's year but the 360 may also have some tricks up its sleves, tbh even with things like Alan Wake tho, can't really see them putting up much of a fight.

Then again Xbox 360 will have the best game ever next year..... GHOSTBUSTERS :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 05:22PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: January 25, 2008 04:09AM
Daniel Knott Wrote:
> not according to amazon :(
> [www.amazon.co.uk]
> h-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=metal+gear+solid+3&Go
> .x=11&Go.y=15&Go=Go
>
> apparently you can get viva pinata on pc now too
> :) :) :)

Your right, it was MGS2 not MGS3 on Xbox [www.amazon.co.uk]

Anyway I ordered my 360 last night :) Just hav to wait until next week now :(

Date: January 28, 2008 11:30AM
So anyone here got Burnout Paradise yet on either? I personally loved Burnout 3 Takedown, Revenge was a bit boring, but Burnout Paradise has got the series right back on track, is brilliant fun! No local multiplayer anymore (Split screen, Crash Party) but it makes up for it in it's superb online play and basically been able to do whatever and go wherever the hell you want! Well recommend it for either console as I've heard its just as good on both the PS3 and 360 :) There are a few bad points about it, for instance not been able to retry a race when you lose is annoying but tbh unless your driving around in the mountains theres an event at every junction, also in races there is a bad part of been able to drive wherever and whatever route you want, sometimes you can easily get lost if you don't know the city well, which I've done plenty of times!

To be honest it's much better than the demo makes it out to be, well worth at least a rent to see if you like it! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2008 11:31AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: January 28, 2008 03:54PM
My 360 came!!!!!! Last exam on wednesday, must revise and not play Xbox...

Date: January 28, 2008 04:33PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
PLAY XBOX

Date: January 28, 2008 04:51PM
Posted by: MarcLister
NeilPearson Wrote:
> PLAY XBOX

Revise? I know not this word. Play it safe and play Xbox. I know this word/phrase and can vouch for its authenticity, validity and above all safety. ;)
Date: January 28, 2008 06:43PM
Posted by: FRESCO
So anyone here got Burnout Paradise yet on either? I personally loved Burnout 3 Takedown, Revenge was a bit boring, but Burnout Paradise has got the series right back on track, is brilliant fun! No local multiplayer anymore (Split screen, Crash Party) but it makes up for it in it's superb online play and basically been able to do whatever and go wherever the hell you want! Well recommend it for either console as I've heard its just as good on both the PS3 and 360 :) There are a few bad points about it, for instance not been able to retry a race when you lose is annoying but tbh unless your driving around in the mountains theres an event at every junction, also in races there is a bad part of been able to drive wherever and whatever route you want, sometimes you can easily get lost if you don't know the city well, which I've done plenty of times!

To be honest it's much better than the demo makes it out to be, well worth at least a rent to see if you like it! :)

I got Burnout Paradise today. I tried the demo and thought 'meh' but then read all the great reviews and figured I must have missed something so I tried the demo again online and it was awesome! The full game sames pretty good, only played single player so far but hoping to take it on live later tonight.

Date: January 28, 2008 08:29PM
I'm having a problem. When I bought my 360, it said I got 1 months free trial for Xbox Live Gold. I just cant find the promotional code to redeem it! How did anyone here do it?

Date: January 28, 2008 09:04PM
Its on a piece of paper somewhere, if not just try making an account. I think thats what one of my friends done and he just got a month free automaticly.
Date: January 28, 2008 10:24PM
My friend had a card (credit card size) with the subscription code
Date: January 29, 2008 12:06AM
SexySam182 Wrote:
> I'm having a problem. When I bought my 360, it
> said I got 1 months free trial for Xbox Live Gold.
> I just cant find the promotional code to redeem
> it! How did anyone here do it?

You don't get any code, well I've never got a code myself and I've had 2 Xbox 360's. Basically as soon as you sign up to Xbox Live you automatically get 1 month free from the day you signed up.

Date: January 29, 2008 12:53AM
There you go, much like most other microsoft product what you get is down to pure luck ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy