Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: December 03, 2007 10:20PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
you mean "U R MR GAY"?

Date: December 04, 2007 12:28PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Thank F**K for that, The Xbox 360 finally has an update which lets DivX and Xvid work natively via the Video Pane, woo! Now I can stream South Park to my 360 when I'm bored and watch it on the big TV ;)

Also the interface update is really noticable, much smoother and faster now, also got Xbox Originals which is pretty cool, even though it has just knicked the PS1 Games idea from the PS3 but meah!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2007 12:40PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: December 04, 2007 01:03PM
Posted by: TC
Sony have always planned to add PS2 games for download aswell I believe, looking forward to that more than the xbox originals as I already own the good xbox games on the PC anyway.
Date: December 04, 2007 01:05PM
Theres always Crimson Skies, don't think that came out on PC ;)

Date: December 04, 2007 04:42PM
Posted by: Covfan
It did Ian, came out about 1999. Loved that game so much, The Xbox version not as much.

My Xbox is on it's way home!
Date: December 04, 2007 09:06PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Rockband sucks :(

on GH3 My roommate shattered my 280,000 on Cherub Rock. He attempted it on hard and got a "nice" 342,000.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2007 09:07PM by Guimengo.
Date: December 05, 2007 12:39AM
Covfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It did Ian, came out about 1999. Loved that game
> so much, The Xbox version not as much.
>
> My Xbox is on it's way home!

Ah fair enough! Never had an Xbox so wouldn't know ;)

Oh and Xbox Video Marketplace in Europe finally gets turned on on the 11th December, which is cool :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2007 12:46AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: December 13, 2007 11:47PM
Man Burnout Paridise is so much fun! :) Free roam brings in a whole new experience for online mode!

Date: December 14, 2007 12:44AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Gah I cannot beat Knights of Cydonia on Expert :(, and improved Cherub Rock to 312,000 but still can do better, missed only 11 notes out of the near 600 but those were enough to remove my 4x!
Date: December 19, 2007 07:54PM
Posted by: Pluis
NeilPearson schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just finished mass effect.
>
> awesome. just awesome

For me the best game at the 360 atm, better then Assasin's Creed wich I haven't even touched after I put the disc of Mass Effect in the 360. I already put more then 24 hours in this game and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Allthough it's mainly a taste difference, because I love those Bioware's RPG's, so I'm pretty biased (hope I said that right).
Date: December 21, 2007 01:44PM
Posted by: MrMan
Anyone know of any good deals on 360 consoles for the UK? Had a look at Currys and I can get a new Arcade console with Viva Pinata, Forza 2 and a second wireless controller for £229.99.

Game had a preowned premium console for £200 though, not sure what the whole package is, but that was my opriginal choice. Not sure what unit it would be though, doubt it'd be a Falcon unit.

Date: December 21, 2007 01:58PM
[www.game.co.uk]

This one is really good value, basically exacly the same bundle that you've got at Currys, same price too, but its Premium instead of the Arcade Bundle! Also you could probably use the Game £5 voucher code - AWDC07XM Not a massive saving but a saving non the less!

Only problem is that if your ordering over the net, you can't guarantee that it'll be the Falcon unit as they may be trying to get rid of old stock, only way you can be sure is to pick it up instore and I dunno if you can get that offer instore or not.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2007 02:05PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: December 21, 2007 03:49PM
Cheers for that Ian, might have to pop into Game over the weekend and see if the offer is shown instore. Might try asking them if they know what unit it is.

Date: January 02, 2008 05:19PM
As per my post a few weeks back, turns out that offer was only valid until Christmas Eve, which was a bit of a bugger really.

Anyway, another question, what's a good price for a 360 these days? I've seen the Premium with two games and a wireless controller for £259 around most places and was just wondering if it was worth it? Also, would the company I'm buying it from know if it was a Falcon unit?

Date: January 02, 2008 09:59PM
Seems that price is the norm for that bundle. Only way you can verify that its a Falcon unit is for yourself to buy it and make sure the lot number is correct (Can find it around the barcode) If I remember rightly mine is Lot 0745 and its a Falcon, so any higher than that then you'll know its a Falcon.

Date: January 15, 2008 07:54AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
[www.news.com.au]

interesting, local game shop was telling me its a definate thing, though until i see a unit i wont believe it

Date: January 15, 2008 10:05AM
Posted by: Advong
Several sites have been reporting this, many are saying that this is the reason the 360 didn't come bundled with an HD-DVD drive, so they could sit back and see what happens, which makes sense. Blue-Ray is looking like its going to win the format war with the loss of exclusivity of Warner.

I don't mind either way but I think xbox will have to bring out a full blue-ray or HD-DVD system to avoid the PS3 eating into the market share the 360 has won thus far
Date: January 15, 2008 10:13AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
By the time the PS3 gets even remotely close the 360, we'll be on the next generation of consoles anyway. The PS3s late arrival, poor early sales and high price killed it before it got going.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 15, 2008 11:58AM
Microsoft dosn't really want to fully support either format, Blu-Ray or HD-DVD, as they want downloadable HD films to win, Xbox Live already has the video marketplace with HD films to download at the moment. Those rumors of a Blu-Ray addon have been bouncing around ever since Warner's announcement problem is they won't release that addon till they are certain that HD-DVD is dead.

I don't see why they HAVE to bring out a full system version of the Xbox 360, Microsoft are on track and they are already busy building the next Xbox, and that Xbox will have waited long enough to either a) see which format wins or b) see if the internet improves enough to start buying and downloading games online quickly.

Next year is gonna be interesting for the PS3 Dave, it looks like its actually gonna have a good year with some really good titles and the new Home system (their version of Xbox Live) but I think you are right, they are gonna be too far behind to catch up in time.

Date: January 19, 2008 01:51PM
Posted by: SexySam182
I'm looking to buy either a PS3 or 360 int he near future, but there is one deal breaker in it for me.

Will MGS4 come out on 360? If it does then I'll go for the 360 because I'm impressed by Live, its cheaper, and it generally seems to have better games. But if not then I am absolutely torn between the two lol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy