Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: June 12, 2008 04:26PM
Posted by: kaid
@ianwoollam - any news on mgs4 ??? have you got it? how is the game?

Date: June 13, 2008 06:47AM
Posted by: Karan
Arghhhhhhhhhhhh! Just got the RROD tonight :(

Bought my console on Boxing Day 06, so its well past its 1 year warranty. I signed up for the console repair and it seems Microsoft still repairs consoles, which face the RROD, upto 3 years so fingers crossed. Guess I wont be able to play GTA4 for a few months though.

Should I remove my hard drive before sending it in for repairs? Dont want to risk having everything erased.

Date: June 13, 2008 09:05AM
Posted by: kaid
yep remove the hard drive and don't forget to remove the game in your xbox.

Date: June 13, 2008 10:22AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
kaid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @ianwoollam - any news on mgs4 ??? have you got
> it? how is the game?

Honestly? Annoying atm, mainly due to the fact that the gameplay is so much fun! You will really love the atmosphere it makes, and actually having the militia been on your side for a change (as when you shoot PMC's and they see you, they think your an ally and fight by your side) so you can either have two ways of playing it, stealth around everyone or join the fight with the militia. Problem is you really start getting into it and enjoying youself, then BAM! Cutscene for 20-30 minutes, and you have to sit around bored waiting for it to end cause you don't wanna skip it and miss out on the pretty damn good story either! In Act 1 alone it took me 3 hours, and that was probably 45 mins - 1 hour of gameplay and 2 hours sitting through Cutscenes. Also for some reason when I completed Act 1 it decided it had to install again, that'll get tiresome if it has to install after every Act :\.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2008 11:00AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: June 14, 2008 07:53AM
Posted by: Guimengo
you have to install PS3 games? I didn't know that :-o
Date: June 14, 2008 07:58AM
Posted by: TC
Most of them yes, MGS has an 8 minute install at the start then 3 minutes after each act. It sounds like a lot when you say after each act but there is only a few of them (I wont give away the number in-case it spoils it for some people)

I don't remember having to install Uncharted, but that used in game cutscenes to mask the loading times so it probably did install something, where as MGS4 cutscenes are mostly real-time.
Date: June 14, 2008 10:48PM
Posted by: sasjag
Karan: make sure you package it extremely well. i work at UPS and MS use us to ship Xboxes, and the maount that come thru that have been damaged because they have come out of there packaging is unbeleivable! i myself took one off a truck, and the owner had just placed it in a shoebox, no padding or anything, not even taped the lid on. needless to say it was in rather worse condition than when he sent it

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 14, 2008 10:59PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
sasjag Wrote:
> Karan: make sure you package it extremely well. i
> work at UPS and MS use us to ship Xboxes, and the
> maount that come thru that have been damaged
> because they have come out of there packaging is
> unbeleivable! i myself took one off a truck, and
> the owner had just placed it in a shoebox, no
> padding or anything, not even taped the lid on.
> needless to say it was in rather worse condition
> than when he sent it

damn people are stupid.

I thought i did a bad job, with 2 layers of bubble rap and a bit of wood in the box to make it stop sliding around.

Date: June 16, 2008 08:37PM
Posted by: count.bazley
Whoa, you have to send the XBox back yourself if it goes wrong? :O When my PS3 broke Sony sent a delivery guy out the next day with a new (or recondition I dunno) one in it's own case which was then used to transport the broken one back.
Date: June 16, 2008 09:09PM
Posted by: IWE
PS3 game installing times arent any problem, but fact how big atleast some of these are.. 3-5GB/game and basic version of PS3 have just 40GB HD. Its sick! And many people likes to have also some demo games on their PS3 and sizes are most of times about 700MB - 1GB.

And then Sony dears to do so big deal about posibilities to copy/download videos, music, game addons and updates on it.. Yea, like there would still be space for something like this..

Sony failed big time with PS3.. :(

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 17, 2008 01:27AM
IWE Wrote:
> PS3 game installing times arent any problem, but
> fact how big atleast some of these are..
> 3-5GB/game and basic version of PS3 have just 40GB
> HD. Its sick! And many people likes to have also
> some demo games on their PS3 and sizes are most of
> times about 700MB - 1GB.

That did annoy me, I've recently upgraded my hard drive to 120GB and seems alright now, PS3 does have one trick up its sleeve, thats the ability to upgrade the hard drive without much effort, took me 5 mins to do, only problem is that you can't copy everything across, so even if you save you saved games to a flash stick, you have to install everything over again :( Updates remain though as they stay in Flash memory inside the console apparantly. The thing will accept any Notebook sized hard drive, so in theory you could put a 320GB Hard Drive in there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2008 01:28AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: June 17, 2008 03:43AM
I got some serious money now that I can afford to buy the Elite 360, top PS3 off e-bay, and the Wii (was about to do a wii joke but luckily for the world I gave up ;)), but I am really put off by videogames right now :(. Not only I don't seem to connect with any game, I also got put down by the XBox Live scheme, and now the PS3 installation of games :\. Damn!
Date: June 17, 2008 07:50AM
xbox live scheme?

Date: June 17, 2008 12:53PM
Posted by: Johnny
Would this hard drive work in the ps3?

[www.ebuyer.com]

I'm considering upgrading the hard drive but I want to make sure I get the right one first. :P

MorbidRobbo: Xbox Live and PSN ID
Date: June 17, 2008 01:17PM
Yep, as long as its a 2.5" SATA Hard Drive it'll work fine :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2008 01:19PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: June 17, 2008 01:43PM
3 edits to say that :O

Date: June 17, 2008 01:50PM
NeilPearson Wrote:
> 3 edits to say that :O

Kept pressing submit on and edit and it did it 3 times :\

Date: June 17, 2008 05:58PM
Posted by: Johnny
Ianwoollam Wrote:
> Yep, as long as its a 2.5" SATA Hard Drive it'll
> work fine :)

Great. Thanks for the help :)

MorbidRobbo: Xbox Live and PSN ID
Date: June 18, 2008 03:05AM
NeilPearson Wrote:
> xbox live scheme?

By scheme I meant the way the system works, if it was half the price I'd consider it. Also the paid DLC on top of the $60 bucks for the games is a bit too steep.

Though recently I found something that might motivate me to get a 2nd game for my DS, Final Fantasy 4 seems to be good and they'll remake it in a decent way for the DS. I got the SNES version of it on my FF Chronicles bundle I got, just so I could play Chrono Trigger a few years back!
Date: June 18, 2008 11:35AM
Guimengo Wrote:
> By scheme I meant the way the system works, if it
> was half the price I'd consider it. Also the paid
> DLC on top of the $60 bucks for the games is a bit
> too steep.

You really don't have to pay for Xbox Live if you don't want to, just means you can't game online which really as of late for me is no big loss, I'm sick and tired of people online on it ruining half decent games like Forza PGR and GT5 so I just don't really bother anymore. Nowadays I only use online to play Co-Op.

Also PS3 ain't much different with their DLC, you have to pay for virtually everything you download for a game on that too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy