Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: August 11, 2008 10:54AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
mine has always done that, since i got it. yet nothing else drops out (xbox360 and PC all off same line from router). i was on all day yesterday with the computer running torrents and it didnt drop out, and when i stopped torrenting it cut out again

Date: August 12, 2008 12:13AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Looks like the 60GB Xbox 360 is been released on the 15th in the UK.

Not a bad price either, can get it for £179.99 over at Play - [www.play.com] same price as a Wii!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2008 12:13AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: April 01, 2009 04:26PM
Posted by: Guimengo
So, there's a new issue with XBox 360s that apparently started in November or with consoles sold around that time.

I'm still on the fence, on one side the 360 has a nice library of games, a comfortable gamepad and is not as massive as the PS3. However the PS3 has free online services, plays Blu-Ray but it also costs a lot more and needs games to be installed.

Wasn't there going to be a price drop on the PS3 this month? Also, how much space on average would a game take up in the PS3 HD?
Date: April 01, 2009 06:49PM
Posted by: IWE
Im pretty much repeating myself, but...

Ps3 have free online services, wich works atleast sometimes. Nervebreaking amount of updates and problems to download those. Most of times you have already lost your mood to play when your system finally is ready for playing. Controller wich feels like a toy. Minimal amount of good games (specially if you are interested about car/racing games. Over priced blu-ray movies. Too small hard-drive(s) if thinknig that each demo game is around 1gb and fullgames up to 4-5gb.

Wasnt worth of 470€.. Or even worth of space it is taking. All games wich I have played on both (Xbox360 and PS3) handles better on Xbox thanks to better controller. Graphics doesnt most of times make any difference.

Only enjoyable thing with PS3 is 'GT5Prologue+G25+Playseats' combo..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 01, 2009 07:08PM
The games I'd be looking to buy for current next-gen are Stoked (snowboard, only on 360 though), Street Fighter 4, and perhaps NBA 2k9.

Another thing regarding the PS3, will Sony actually release another version with backwards compatibility?
Date: April 01, 2009 11:42PM
My guess is that they wont as long as they still make money with PS2.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 02, 2009 02:34AM
They had the 60gb model that was compatible but they stopped that so the PS2 game sales wouldn't take away the PS3 game sales. Well, it appears I'll have to wait a couple of years for the next-gen to come out, I don't think I'll still be playing games by then though.
Date: April 04, 2009 04:11AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
BC in the PS3 is way overrated people really dont use it that much, I have the 60gb version and I play all the ps2 games in my ps2. Choosing between the 360 and the PS3 is down to their exclusive games because almost every third party game is on both consoles and they dont differ as much nowadays. Get a 360 if you are on a tight budget and dont care about sending it to microsoft when the RROD appears and also if you are willing to pay for a little better online experience. Get a PS3 if you want free online, blu-ray and a more reliable machine and you dont have a tight budget. Also look at both machines exclusives and see which ones appeal more to you.
Date: April 04, 2009 04:39AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
or just get both

Date: April 04, 2009 04:55PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Get a 360 if you are on a tight budget and dont care about sending it to microsoft when the RROD appears and also if you are willing to pay for a little better online experience.

lol that over and done with ages ago, alot less commonplace now, new problem we're onto is the E74 error! Where apparantly one red light comes on ;)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: April 04, 2009 10:33PM
One red light at the bottom right, I'm afraid of getting the 360 because I don't know what the next issue will be ...
Date: April 05, 2009 12:37AM
Posted by: Willb
Yep, my housemate xbox sufferes from an Error 73, which is aparently something to do with the ethernet controller / port. This gives one red light in the bottom right(I think). It's just over the year warrenty too, so M$ wont fix it unless it RROD's. We found a temporary workaround, straws in the back of the console to stop the fans, turn it on wrapped in a towel for 30 mins , it overheats. Turn off and on again and bam, it works for a few more days. He's hoping that it will just RROD eventaully so M$ will fix it...

I really want a 360, but I think I will wait till the Jasper's become more widely spread - they are supposed to be alot more reliable.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: April 05, 2009 06:59AM
Posted by: montoya6k
Neverthless,PS3 is the superior console over WII,360/69

PS3 Slim in future!

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2009 07:00AM by montoya6k.
Date: April 05, 2009 10:17AM
Posted by: Pluis
I got both the 360 and ps3. I play almost everything on my xbox 360, the controller is so much better, plus it has al lot more games. Also my xbox 360 had rodd after 2 years and two months, outside my guarantee, and got a new one within a week without costing me anything. My Playstation 3 died 2 weeks ago after I had it for 5 months, and barely played on it. I hope the service is as good as Microsoft.
Date: April 05, 2009 09:22PM
My xbox360 is working without any problems already since 2 years and 3 months.. ;)

On PS3 I have all the time problems with almost all possible online stuff. And I would like to get some xbox360 stylish and so well working controller. Wud be also great if they release even 1 good racing game (prologue and GT HD Demo I already have).. ;)

Date: April 07, 2009 08:13PM
Posted by: SexySam182
So my Xbox of 1 year and 2 months has decided to stop working, no RROD or Error 73, the console works as usual (I know because it signs into messenger) however doesnt output sound or video to mine or anyone elses TV, whether HDMI, component HD or regular SCART. Rang up Xbox customer support to be told that because it is an unusual fault I will have to pay £78 to get it fixed! I think it is an absolute con from MS as their console has should be built to last longer than a year and a bit, I havent mistreated it and yet I'm still forced to foot the bill. So either I can pay to repair it, buy an arcade, or try to red ring it :(

Date: April 08, 2009 03:07AM
I've read about people going after consumer protection places in Britain, I don't know what to say though. But yeah, red ring the hell out of it! Extreme heat, close all vents, anything... good luck.
Date: April 08, 2009 10:15AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
In the UK we have the acceptable use of goods act, which states that goods must work for a reasonable amount of time. 13 months is not reasonable for an x-box. I recommend you google the act, or go to citizens advice, who will give you all you need to know on the subject. Once you pull out that act, you'll get it fixed for free.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 08, 2009 08:11PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Thanks a lot Dave, thats brilliant. I'm going to ring my local office tomorrow. Fingers crossed lol.

Date: April 08, 2009 08:29PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Umm, no such thing as that Dave! It's the Sale of Goods Act, which requires goods to be of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for purpose. Querey whether it is of satisfactory quality when it breaks after 13months. Worth a try, but if they say no, there's not much you can really do about it., especially bearing in mind that it's not something that gives you rights against Microsoft - it's a right you have against the place you bought it from.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy