is this is ur way of thinking?.......i hope not!

Posted by assadof1 
Re: is this is ur way of thinking?.......i hope not!
Date: February 15, 2006 08:27AM
Posted by: b-tone
Except Science more often or not attempts to back up theroys with facts, and until it can, calls it a theory (such as darwins theory of evoultion). but we have discussed this and i dont wish to back track, again. As Fongu himself said, the bible claims to be the truth.

science backs itself up with scientific facts. some don't beleive gravity is a fact, some beleive God is a fact. Facts are not so set in concrete. and science has few facts anyway - just accepted theories.

thats what insulting is. If i call you a prick (i am not, i am using it as an example, as it happens, i like you :P), then thats insulting. To suggest that living a christian life is more moral is an extremely generalised, and WRONG comment. Whilst i wont riot over it, it is that exact type of comment which is causing the problems which started this thread. Declaring living a christian life is more moral, without question is an extremist view IMO

everyone thinks of themselves as better than others. do you really get insulted so easily? calling me names will only insult me if the person doing it has some high regard in my eyes. if i see some person as being truthful, and they then insult me, according to my previous interpretation of them they must be right. its not wether the are or not, just what i percieve them to be.
so for you to be insulted by christians claiming to be better than you might mean you believe the set of rules/guidelines they use to jusdge that morality?
think of all the (religious or not) sects that claim 'join us or rot in hell' - not the mainstream ones, but Waco, charles manson, bush administrations etc etc. personally i think they're mostly a load of crap so anything they say means nothing to me.
smae with most things in life. if you were to criticise a 3D model of mine i'd listen, maybe be insulted, but if some 12 year old leecher said something i'd ignore it - even if it was true.

Now im being told Hitler is also more moral than me

like i said, if hitler showed up at the pearly gates he may well have been turned away ;-)

So your saying any muslim insulted by the jokes about muslims being scuicide bombers are only insulted because its true...?

i think its mainly just an anti west thing. but of course theres some truth. the thing is the truth may apply to one muslim, and the west is using it to depict all muslims (a few generalisations in there)

and on belief in general, it can't be proved or disproved. its just your beliefs. beleivers may say 'oh, mustv'e been a miracle' too often, but scientists etc have their own versions. think of all the equations you had to do ignoring friction, air resistance, and other things that tend to mess up science.

one last thing - if you believe jim clark is the greatest f1 driver, i can prove through the science of numbers that schumacher is better. and i know theres absolutely no chance you'd change your beliefs absed on my 'facts' ;-)

____
Tony

Date: February 15, 2006 09:22AM
Posted by: fongu
right i'll clarify some of the statements i made...

Firstly - no there is no evidence that Hitler ever became a Christian - i only mentioned him because he's a famous evil figure - the point is - no matter how evil you are - if you're alive - you have an opportunity to turn to God and live differently and get to Heaven.

Concerning being more moral - it comes down to how you define more moral - if it's living to the laws of our world then sure, no Christian can claim they're better in anyway - but morality is only ever of worth when it comes down to God's opinion of your morality. As ff said, God sees us all as Hell deserving - if it gets to you then sorry, but thats what the truth is. What changes things is that Jesus has taken that punishment away from us, thus allowing us to be able to live a life that pleases God. If both of us decided to follow the 30mph speed limit - we're both within the law - however you'd be doing it because you want to do it - i'd be doing it because God expects me to follow the laws of the government (that don't contradict the Bible) and because Jesus has made my moral choices count for something.

Date: February 15, 2006 01:50PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Firstly - no there is no evidence that Hitler ever became a Christian - i only mentioned him because he's a famous evil figure - the point is - no matter how evil you are - if you're alive - you have an opportunity to turn to God and live differently and get to Heaven.

Thanks for clarifying that. It shows badly flawed christianity is and confirms that for the rest of my life i want no part of it

but morality is only ever of worth when it comes down to God's opinion of your morality.

And there we go again. Its just god rules and goes rules only. Heard it before in this thread and if anyone questions it you just say god makes and changes the rules.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 15, 2006 11:05PM
Posted by: Muks_C
just caught up with the thread, reading the last couple of pages.

i saw on the news last night that in Pakistan people were attacking everything that was connected to the western world, like KFC restaurants etc.

that just shows a general hatred to the west, as Vader previously said, and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the cartoons, apart from them just being an excuse to be violent.

EDIT: here's a BBC article with the KFC on fire:

[news.bbc.co.uk]

also a timeline of events, starting from september 2005:

[news.bbc.co.uk]

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2006 11:07PM by Muks_C.
Date: February 16, 2006 03:40AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
woods to the fire

[www.islamonline.net]

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba
Date: February 17, 2006 12:04AM
Posted by: Lucasinio
Crowds attack British and German embassies in Iran and Basra city council in southern Iraq calls for the withdrawal of Danish troops from the country.

What i dont get is, as the UK has absolutely nothing to do with these cartioons, why have some British embassies been attacked? Im not eneralising here, but it seems as if the protesters were looking for an excuse just to stir up more trouble.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2006 12:04AM by Lucasinio.
Date: February 17, 2006 12:42PM
they are, that's the whole point. they just hate the Western world, plain and simple. the cartoons are just an excuse to riot.

Date: February 17, 2006 07:24PM
come on, this is getting seriously stupid now: (from BBC, [news.bbc.co.uk])

# A minister in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, Haji Yaqub, announces a $11m reward for anyone who beheads the cartoonist who drew the images of Muhammad.

# Peshawar cleric Maulana Yousaf Qureshi offers 7.5m rupees ($125,000) and a car to anyone who kills the cartoonist. The reward is later reportedly raised to $1m.

so Assad and Hakkinenf1, do you think this penalty/punishment for the cartoonist is in proportion to what he did?

Date: February 17, 2006 07:49PM
Posted by: six degrees
so let's get this straight - the guy that wrote a satirical cartoon gets a contract taken out of him because some people don't have a sense of humour. fantastic.
Date: February 17, 2006 07:59PM
would the Prophet Muhammad condone such a contract on someone who made fun of him? or would he be a better person and not rise to the bait, and simply ignore it?

Date: February 17, 2006 08:04PM
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they are, that's the whole point. they just hate
> the Western world, plain and simple. the cartoons
> are just an excuse to riot.
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> --------------------------------------------------

have u red nothing from past posts?????
for the million times,yes,now, there is hate,a lot of hate, a general hate,a special hate,hate with katchup,hate with muster.
but its only because westeren world is partying with USA to attack Arabs and muslems.
and even if that was not the reason,its still was the 1900,when we were under the (British,French,Itlaian)occupation.
we hate governemts not ppl.i told to go and ask anyone from ur friends who ever visited an arab country,ask him how he was treated.
for me,France now,is Partying with Lebanon (an Arab country) to make every reason to getr Syria(my conutry) to be attacked.
so tell me,do u want me to put the French falg over my house,to say i don't hate France .

-----------------------------
so let's get this straight - the guy that wrote a satirical cartoon gets a contract taken out of him because some people don't have a sense of humour. fantastic.
-------------------------------

I said it was not up for discussion. Don't do it again. - Morbid

gooooz fra ba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2006 08:24PM by Morbid.
Date: February 17, 2006 09:49PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
but its only because westeren world is partying with USA to attack Arabs and muslems.

Lie

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 17, 2006 10:24PM
Posted by: LS.
Lucasinio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Crowds attack British and German embassies in Iran
> and Basra city council in southern Iraq calls for
> the withdrawal of Danish troops from the country.
>
>
> What i dont get is, as the UK has absolutely
> nothing to do with these cartioons, why have some
> British embassies been attacked? Im not
> eneralising here, but it seems as if the
> protesters were looking for an excuse just to stir
> up more trouble.
>

This is what i cannot understand, if these protester hate the UK and our way of life so much why are they living here?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2006 10:40PM by LS..
Date: February 17, 2006 10:44PM
Posted by: Lucasinio
More from the BT Home Page

A Pakistani Muslim cleric and his followers have offered a $1m bounty to anyone who kills the Danish cartoonists who drew caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed .Maulana Yousef Qureshi, speaking from Pehsawar, said he had personally offered to pay a bounty of 500,000 rupees ($8,400) and two of his congregation put up additional rewards of $1m and one million rupees plus a car. "If the West can place a bounty on Osama bin Laden and Zawahri we can also announce reward for killing the man who has caused this sacrilege of the holy Prophet," he said.

The printing of the cartoons in a Danish newspaper and other European publications have caused anger in the Muslim world and triggered days of demonstrations.

Around 7,000 people gathered near Pakistan's capital of Islamabad and 5,000 others protested in the southern city of Quetta.

Police arrested 125 protesters for violating a ban on rallies in eastern Pakistan and arrested 30 others after firing tear gas to disperse a protest in the southern city of Karachi.

Five people have died in Pakistan so far in the demonstrations.

Denmark has temporarily closed it embassy in Pakistan amid the demonstrations and urged Danes to leave the country.

The paper Jyllands-Posten has apologised for offending Muslims but has stood by its decision to print the drawings, citing freedom of speech.

Date: February 18, 2006 12:49AM
@ Hakkinenf1, yes i have read everything in this post so far.

what you need to understand is that although Bush may have got into power again, it does not mean that every single american person supports what he is doing or has done. the same with Tony Blair, just because he is in power, it does not mean every person living in England supports him. in fact, i do not trust either of them, and if you read any of my posts that concern politics anywhere on these forums, you will see i am totally opposed to what Bush and Blair have done, along with a large portion of the other people on the forum, and in the country as a whole.

so that is why we do not understand why you guys hate the West, or Western people, or Western products. many of us hate our "leaders" as much as you do, but we can't do anything about it apart from not voting for them when the elections come, and protesting against decisions they make.

the governments of Western countries may have grouped together with the USA to attack "terror" by blowing Iraq up etc., but that certainly does not mean we support those actions our leaders have taken supposedly on our behalf.

and of course i don't expect you to put a French or British flag on your house, but you should not automatically hate those of us who live in the countries where our governments have taken decisions to do these illegal wars, because we are against what they have done and are doing as much as you are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2006 01:30AM by Muks_C.
Date: February 18, 2006 12:56AM
Posted by: LS.
Like i said before, i know quite a few Muslims

I've spoken to quite a few of them about this western/Islam thing and none of them share the same view point as Hakkinenf1

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 18, 2006 01:00AM
Posted by: Red Sam
I'm afraid that you will have to trust us, HakkinenF1 - Syria isn't well known as a government for letting the facts get in the way of state superiority :(

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: February 18, 2006 04:03AM
Muks_C ...isn't that what i said?,when muslems atattacks embacies its because the embacies represents the governemt.
----------------------------------
Red Sam

I'm afraid that you will have to trust us, HakkinenF1 - Syria isn't well known as a government for letting the facts get in the way of state superiority
--------------------
partly ture,but that was at the time of (Hafez al-assad) his son (bahsar) current president.is bringing changes to the old system,and he can't do it,instantly.Syria is the only country that can bring fear to Israel now (after Iraqe is gone and turend into the 51 American state)
so USA must make its pet (or vise versa) Israel be happy enough without any Syrian threats,so they killed (AL-Harir),blamed Syria,and now its 100% targeted.

gooooz fra ba
Date: February 18, 2006 02:42PM
yes but muslims are not only attacking embassies, they are attacking every symbol of the Western world. why attack KFC for example? although it is an American company, it has no political connection with the US Government, so there is no reason to attack it, apart from to show hatred to all things Western.

Date: February 18, 2006 05:17PM
its the same thing after 9\11,all Muslems became terrosets in the west world's eye.
ppl teneds to generlize when they are angry.

(by the way i'v not forgot about replaying for the last 10 pages just give me time)

gooooz fra ba
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy