is this is ur way of thinking?.......i hope not!

Posted by assadof1 
Re: is this is ur way of thinking?.......i hope not!
Date: February 14, 2006 12:07AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
there are countless scientific things explained in the quran. countless. about cloud formations, mountains, human fertilisation, the big bang, etc. etc. for me, even if a scientist reads it he will be astounded.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Whilst there are many different versions of the Bible, they are, with only very minor exception, based on the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. Any that aren't are simply not worth the paper they're printed on in my opinion.

The best way to understand the Bible, in my opinion, is to learn Greek / Hebrew / Aramaic and translate directly. The only way to get the full meaning is to understand the language it was written in and the connotations that the original words held. Only that can give a good translation.

[Website]
Date: February 14, 2006 12:41AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
you are correct there ff. same with the quran.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: February 14, 2006 03:40AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
20 Pages?????
guys u r killing me,i am bout 10 pages behind,thet problem is that i was very busy this week,i will try to replay.i am not sure if every body will read it as its going to be very big.
i want to coment on DaveEllis ,he said something (so u saying its complicated for the non-muslems)
let me explain,my firends (non-f1 fans) some times sees a driver stopping after he spins,and they ask me(his car is not damaged ,why dosn't he countinues)
and i say(his car stopped,and an F1 driver can't restart his car by himslef)
so theylaugh and asks me why,and i say,(its complicated).
its pretty stupide that an F1 driver can't turn his car on,but that is not because F1 cars are stupidly made,but because its a very safistcated machine.

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba
Date: February 14, 2006 03:47AM
about the sicnetfic mentionings in the Qouran,that astonshid the sicnetests,

this Artical is written by Dr. Gary Miller a Canadian former Christian theologian and minister who converted to Islam. He now works on spreading and preaching Islam to the world.
i know its long ,but please read.
[www.islamonline.net]

gooooz fra ba
Date: February 14, 2006 09:45AM
Posted by: fongu
Wow i've missed alot i'll answer this post to start with - as i think it covers most the issues...

DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We tried that, and Fongu, the one arguing the
> christian side of things disagreed with that and
> said it was literal in the case we were talking
> about
>

I didn't say it should all be taken literally - there are some poetic parts and there is some obvious story telling. However things like the parting of the Red Sea, Creation etc. are not - the fact that there is a higher intelligence and higher power is not illogical at all - its just not obvious when you're confining what is true with what you see today.

> My last post was a bit more annoyed because we had
> progressed past the point of "well god changes the
> rules, so im right cos god does what he wants" and
> gotten onto a more intelligent conversion, but now
> it seems the thread will be dragged back there and
> we will go through it again before we can discuss
> it properly.
> The Bible doesn't say a man parted the sea - it
> was God.
>
> Once again, that doesnt actually matter if you
> read the thread. It was stated, as fact, by Fongu
> that the bible does not contradict science.
> Science says parting of the seas like described is
> not possible. Therefore, no matter how it is done,
> it is a contradiction.

Again how is this illogical? There is a perfectly good reason for it - because the unexplainable must point to something that is more powerful/intelligent to science - why else would God do it than to attest the Bible.

Sure i agree Morbid and Vader can discuss better than i can, showing some what of your ignorance in your faith to 'science'. I can quite happily commit to living for God - because it gives me a purpose for living - it gives me joy to know that this life is temporal and there is certainty of destination after death. Control measure or not - its a far better way to live - more joyful and a lot more moral.

>
> Also, whats the point in saying "dont read the
> bible word for word, look for the hidden meaning".
> Sorry, but that doesnt work. Not only does the
> bible change alot in every translation, but we're
> meant to not take it literaly and then think of
> abstract meanings for it? Well if each person
> actually thinks about it, we will all have totally
> different meanings, meaning christianity should
> not exsist as everyones interpretation of the
> bible will be completly different as they find
> there own meanings in it. Which, once again shows
> people belive what they are told to belive in
> relgion, rather than thinking for themselves. If
> they did think for themselves and find there own
> meanings from the bible, they would not be
> christians. They belive other peoples
> intepretations of the bible because they are told
> that is the truth, often in schools.
>

Well i agree with you there - although Vaders called me a fundamentalist/extremist i would not - i've thought about these issues - and the reformed/calvinistic views are the ones that make most sense and take the Bible seriously - because its has to be the standard by which we base our theology. A lot of mainstream Christianity these days are based on experience or community spirit - although we're not mainstream i do believe that we are the ones who see changed lives - who seek to walk correctly to the Bible in the way it was intended.

Regarding that aritcle:
[Do they not consider the Qur

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2006 09:57AM by fongu.
Date: February 14, 2006 11:26AM
Posted by: Peat
Hakkinenf1 Wrote:
> its pretty stupide that an F1 driver can't turn
> his car on,but that is not because F1 cars are
> stupidly made,but because its a very safistcated
> machine.
>
> -------------------------
> gooooz fra ba
> -------------------------
>
Off topic, but im bored.

Actually, the tech regs dicate that an external starter must be used. see article 5.15 of tech regs.

Date: February 14, 2006 02:55PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
fongu Wrote:
>
> I didn't say it should all be taken literally -
> there are some poetic parts and there is some
> obvious story telling. However things like the
> parting of the Red Sea, Creation etc. are not -
> the fact that there is a higher intelligence and
> higher power is not illogical at all - its just
> not obvious when you're confining what is true
> with what you see today.

Who are you to say what is definately true and not? This is your belief and goes along with creationalism.

About those particular things, I am not saying they did not happen, but I am saying they didn't happen in the way the bible portrays them - they are still stories in the bible, written to give your average person explanation of things in a nice little story. The overall meaning / jist of the story is probably right, but the actual way things happened, I would say aren't necessarily. I would say that god created the world but I wouldn't say it happened in the exact way it says in the bible - the only real important thing that people were meant to take away from this story was that god created everything really. Same with the red sea thing - it didn't just "magically part" I wouldn't have thought. I think I remember hearing that there was some evidence to say that it had dried up at on point, allowing people to walk accross it - this would go along with the story, but of course it would not be in the storylike, fancy way it has in the bible. Of course I don't know any better than you, but that is just my opinion - the old testament especially cannot be taken word for word, it is the underlying message that is important.

H E L L O
Date: February 14, 2006 03:04PM
Posted by: fongu
the treatment of the old testament has to be treated in the way the New Testament treats it - otherwise there is an inconsistence. The New Testament writers assumed everything (narrative wise) in the Old Testament as fact.

There is a speculative theory about a volcano blowing up causing a sort of tsunami at the time - but a lot of loose ends don't tie up

Date: February 14, 2006 03:50PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Again how is this illogical? There is a perfectly good reason for it - because the unexplainable must point to something that is more powerful/intelligent to science - why else would God do it than to attest the Bible.

lol! See! thats EXACTLY what i complained about earlier! Whenever something cant currently be explained people just point to a higher power. How about looking for a real explination on how it happened rather than coming up with 2God changed the rules"

Control measure or not - its a far better way to live - more joyful and a lot more moral.

So you are more moral, and are having a more joyfull life becasuse you've living your life for god, and im living my life for me? Or did i misunderstand that. So do you have any reason to say your more moral than me? Other than your a christian and im not? Because thats an extremely generalised, and insulting comment to most of the world.

I have worked for the things i have, and i have to say i love my life right now. I do not need relgion to fill any gap in it. I have achived alot through my own work, and i am loving the rewards of my work. God did not do this, i did this. I have lived my life for me and i have not once had to look for god to save me, which really is a desperation move IMO.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2006 03:54PM by DaveEllis.
Date: February 14, 2006 05:45PM
Posted by: b-tone
lol! See! thats EXACTLY what i complained about earlier! Whenever something cant currently be explained people just point to a higher power.

just like science?

So you are more moral, and are having a more joyfull life becasuse you've living your life for god, and im living my life for me? Or did i misunderstand that. So do you have any reason to say your more moral than me? Other than your a christian and im not? Because thats an extremely generalised, and insulting comment to most of the world.

how does what another person think insult you? most people think more highly of themselves than they do of me but i'm not insulted.
you are who you are to yourself and no one else. if you're happy with yourself then what does it matter if its a good job, lots money, God, or whatever that gives you that.
the only thing worse than a bible basher forcing their beliefs down ones throat is an aethist doing the exact same ;-)

____
Tony

Date: February 14, 2006 06:59PM
just like science?

Except Science more often or not attempts to back up theroys with facts, and until it can, calls it a theory (such as darwins theory of evoultion). but we have discussed this and i dont wish to back track, again. As Fongu himself said, the bible claims to be the truth.

how does what another person think insult you?

thats what insulting is. If i call you a prick (i am not, i am using it as an example, as it happens, i like you :P), then thats insulting. To suggest that living a christian life is more moral is an extremely generalised, and WRONG comment. Whilst i wont riot over it, it is that exact type of comment which is causing the problems which started this thread. Declaring living a christian life is more moral, without question is an extremist view IMO

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2006 07:07PM by DaveEllis.
It's only insulting if it's true. If it's not true, I for one do not find something insulting - and the Bible admits, it is insulting to those who do not believe.

[Website]
Date: February 14, 2006 08:28PM
So your saying any muslim insulted by the jokes about muslims being scuicide bombers are only insulted because its true...?

Fongu (or the bible, whichever said it first) has just said anyone who is not a christian is less moral. That is a massive insult to anyone who is not a christian. Christianity has already said that Hitler is a good guy because he belived in god, but im a bad guy because i dont. Now im being told Hitler is also more moral than me, because hes a christian. Fantastic! This relgion thing sounds like a right laugh at times tbh

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2006 08:29PM by DaveEllis.
Hitler did not have a living faith in Christ. He was no Christian and if anything, his beliefs were more pagan than anything else.

You do need to distinguish belief and living faith. Belief does not qualify for salvation - for even the devil believes. Living faith - acting upon your belief - is what saves.

[Website]
Date: February 15, 2006 01:14AM
That does not answer my question ;-)

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
1) The Bible says that everyone falls short of the glory of God, because we all go against his will and his plan for us. The real issue is not to do with what the precise nature of our sins are - though all sin is displeasing to God, the crux of the issue stem from our desire to go against God's will and plan for us. It is this that we need to address.

If we accept God's plan for us, we will not sin. We need to accept that God's plan for us is perfect and just, trusting in it with all our heart. It is this which shows us to be Christians, and it is this response that God wants from us. Ultimately, if we accept this, the Bible says we will receive life in all it's fullness, where we need have no hate, no judgement, a life of joy and fulfillment.

2) With the whole issue surrounding insults: if you call me a bastard, it doesn't offend me in the slightest. It's not true, you're just trying to wind me up. It's only offensive to me if it is true. Abu Hamza, on the other hand, is likely to feel at least slightly insulted when he's called "Captain Hook", as it has truth in it. Admittedly, he has other things to worry about, but I'd say that, unless he gets some kind of strange delight in have a portable cloakroom, he's likely to be a little offended by such a statement.

With Muslims, the cartoon is offensive because there is some truth behind the cartoon. Whilst mainstream Muslims do not accept in any way the views of a few extremists, it is true that these people have succeeded in portraying Islam as a violent religion. That most Muslims reject such a stance takes nothing away from the fact that some have killed in the name of Islam. That is why it is offensive. If such a cartoon had been published in, say, 1998, then yes, people would have still been offended, but many, Muslims and non-Muslims alike, would have thrown out such a depiction as the work of a completre idiot, as they would have absolutely no grounding whatsoever then. The cartoonist would would be viewed as stupid more than anything, for he would have nothing to base such a depiction on. Regardless of the truth of such a depiction, offence has been caused because a cartoonist has taken recent events and applied them to the mainstream of a faith that rejects such actions.

[Website]
Date: February 15, 2006 03:03AM
2) With the whole issue surrounding insults: if you call me a bastard, it doesn't offend me in the slightest. It's not true, you're just trying to wind me up. It's only offensive to me if it is true.

No, that is not a relgious statement, that is a personal statement, and each person reacts differently to such a statement. this is not dictated by relgion like you suggest and should not be confused with it.

To even hint that people are less moral because they are not christian is extremely insulting to most of the world and is an extremist view.

Im sorry but again im going to have to bow out of the conversation until something less abusive comes along. You may have worded things politelty but these posts are nothing but abuse. It may not be racism but it borders along the same idea. to suggest there is some truth to the cartoons is disgusting. To suggest everyone is less moral than you because your a christian and we are not is just as bad. I can not trust myself not to get abusive when such rubbish is thrown about. So again, until another person comes along (like Morbid or Vader) and wishes to have a sensible discussion, i'll leave my posts there. Im not interested in hearing how everyone who is a chrisitan is a better person than me.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 15, 2006 04:17AM
my replay is on the making .
anyway,in Islam,bieng a beleiver dons't make u a better person,u r not neccesrly more moral than the unbeleiver,u maybe a beleiver,but ur morals are bad,u treat ppl badly,u talk on ppls back,while i have an aethist firend,he never lies,he never steals,he never swears,so Moraly ,he is better than some muslems.

gooooz fra ba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2006 04:36AM by Hakkinenf1.
Date: February 15, 2006 04:54AM
Ah, now you see that IMO is a better way of looking at it HakkinenF1 :)

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy