-------------------------------------------------------
> Ah shucks...! :(
>
> Thanks alot though Muks... :)
>
> I wonder why it only seems to come in XL or XXL
> though...? Are they implying all Red Bull fans
> 'Luuuurve the cake'....?!?!?! lol

If you're tall you should go for it. I am far from fat and I can only wear XL shirts or sweatshirts due to my height (1.91m) so do consider it!
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: December 01, 2007 04:05PM
Posted by: Muks_C
wow Keroliver, they're more detailed than the Mattel models!! :o:o

and i got another email from GPL the other day, telling me about which of my pre-ordered models would definitely arrive before Christmas.

from my pre-orders of the Button 1st Win 1:43, Lewis MP4-22 normal racecar, Lewis 1st Win 1:18 x2 and Lewis 1st Win 1:43 x6, only the normal MP4-22 will arrive before Christmas, allegedly...

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2007 04:06PM by Muks_C.
Date: December 01, 2007 10:42PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
should be getting the mp4/21 kimi team edition soon. £74 inc p&p though :( lol

Date: December 03, 2007 12:31AM
you might like to see this Lewis McLaren with custom Bridge frontwing and pitboard: Click

it's his attempt to turn a bog-standard MP4-22 into a Canadian GP version.

Date: December 03, 2007 01:01AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Date: December 04, 2007 12:31PM
Posted by: fongu
Here's some quality paper models
[www.papermodels-online.com]

Date: December 04, 2007 01:56PM
Posted by: keroliver
Yes, indeed, very nice models, Fongu,

The link you give is a shop.

How about these ? All free, ready to print and build...
[www.modelyf1.ic.cz]
[papermodel.superhosting.cz] needs password
[www.epson.jp]
[www.daisey-designs.com]
[www.ne.jp]
[www.michel-vaillant-fan.it]
and so on...

The models F1 2007
MacLaren [paperinside.com]
ToroRosso [kmworks.cocolog-nifty.com]
SuperAguri [www.geocities.co.jp] (not yet released)
The Renault is available in Japan in as a gift from a magazine

More ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2007 01:57PM by keroliver.
Date: December 04, 2007 03:01PM
Posted by: Enjoi
they're cool, I can't resist printing the paper models out and giving them ago but they're pretty difficult to do, I mess up most of the time.

Is there a renault r25 paper model? That'd be cool

Ric Scott
Date: December 06, 2007 09:44PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
*no-one responses*

Date: December 08, 2007 05:04PM
i sent my cheque for the FW14B i received from Atlas Editions, and bought the McLaren MP4/5B and dvd off ebay.

i had ordered the FW14B off their site, and sent off the coupon from F1 Racing magazine for the FW18, which arrived today:

i now have 2 torches also, and will send the £1.99 cheque for the FW18 on monday, as i obviously don't want to subscribe for £16 per model.

the dvd is rubbish by the way, it's just footage from various cars at shows like Goodwood, going round the track. some are at Monaco but all are driven by amateur or semi-pro drivers who either just race or own the cars, there's no original footage of the cars in the races from when the cars were around, from what i saw.

and there's no narration either, just a caption on-screen telling you the car model and year.

F2007 Raikkonen 1/43 - as good as I could
Date: December 15, 2007 04:39PM
Posted by: Bruno
I tried my best to get the Mattel Ferrari F2007, Kimi Raikkonen, 1/43rd scale, half way decent. I got rid of the cunky antennas, repainted here and there, applied the decals, clearcoated the glossy tyres with matt paint, etc. But I am not at all satisfied with the results.

Even the hashmark decals bought at ToMo didn't help much. OK, they are ultra thin and stick very good to the model but else they are a major disappointment: The one for the nose is way too short, the smaller decals are just white squares, not even hashmarks (I have later drawn some structure on them with a pencil). The Martini logo seems to be misprinted in the decal set I bought.

OK, here is the result:
Date: December 15, 2007 05:03PM
Posted by: IWE
Lol how crappy luck with those decals.. :S

But if thinking positively it atleast fits on quality of original model.. People just should watch those models few more extra meters away. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: December 15, 2007 06:19PM
yeah very badly printed decals, even 1:18 decals are sometimes mis-printed so you have to do a bit of trimming or tidying up.

Date: December 18, 2007 05:10PM
Posted by: Monza972
Yesterday, i went and bought myself two models... One Motorbike and A Car...

The Motorbike is Casey Stoner's World Championship model and the Car is an Enzo Ferrari (The Build it one like Mukesh has).

Pics.. Some are blurry as I forgot to set my cam but for the last couple of them, I set it up as I got annoyed with the crappy results. Sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2007 05:15PM by Monza972.
Date: December 18, 2007 05:55PM
cool. i like bike models but i don't want to start collecting them. i like them purely for what they look like, without knowing anything about them or the riders.

are they the "dull" rims on the Enzo?

Date: December 18, 2007 06:13PM
Yeah, the dull rims :)
Date: December 18, 2007 06:47PM
they look more accurate to the real ones than the shiny ones anyway.

checked my credit card online today, i have a pending transaction for about £115, meaning GPL are gonna charge me for the 3 Hamilton models i've pre-ordered (normal MP4-22 1:43 racecar, and First Win models in both scales).

but we were told in an email a couple of weeks ago that only the normal racecar would be available before Christmas, so it seems unfair if they're gonna charge for all 3 models when only 1 of them will be delivered in the next few days. if the 1st Win models will be delivered in January then it's not so bad to charge for them this week, but if it's going to be February, March, or later, then it's out or order to charge for them now.

after all, they do say they'll only charge for the models once they've been dispatched, so by this logic all 3 models should be on their way to me right now, which i doubt very much.

Date: December 18, 2007 07:46PM
Is it possible to call them up and ask whether they have been dispatched?
Date: December 18, 2007 07:51PM
probably, but i'll find out if i just wait the rest of the week. if the pending charge goes through as an actual charge, and i only receive 1 model, then i'll contact them. it's happened before that they make a pending charge, then it gets cancelled, so it could be the same here, it might get cancelled and i may only get charged for the 1 model.

Date: December 19, 2007 12:01AM
funnily enough, i received an email from GPL this evening saying my order has been despatched, but that it may be all or only part of the order. it will definitely only be part of the order, they already said the Lewis 1st Win models will only be released next year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy