GPGames Forum Scale Model Section

Posted by LS. 
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: January 05, 2008 06:47PM
Posted by: Muks_C
in my opinion none of the Brosnan films were any good, not just DAD.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 05, 2008 07:49PM
Posted by: IWE
iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Muks_C Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I know, I was just being sarcy. John Cleese was
> Q
> > in Die Another Day, so Desmond won't mind even
> if
> > he wasn't dead, as he wasn't in charge of Bond
> in
> > that film.
>
> how dare you include Die Another Day in the list
> of Bond films!! :-o

Easily if also Daniel Craig can be counted in list of Bonds or BMWs as cars of Bond.. :P

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: January 11, 2008 08:42PM
got an email from GPL today, as I'm sure many of you have. but in case you haven't, here's the main point of it: Minichamps prices are going up on February 1st, by as much as 20% for some models. but if you order any model they have in stock, or pre-order a future release, you can still buy it at the "old" (current) price until the last day of January.

and if you order something in case the price goes up, but find out that the price doesn't go up for that particular model, you can cancel your order 9in case you didn't really want the model but just bought it so you wouldn't pay the higher price later on).

here's the Minichamps sub-site at GPL: Click

Date: January 11, 2008 09:58PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
What? The buggers want even more? Meh.

Date: January 11, 2008 11:55PM
the email:

Dear Customer,

BIG MINICHAMPS PRICE RISES ON FEB 1ST

At the end of this month, Minichamps will be increasing prices across most of its range.

We’re currently bound by confidentiality agreements not to release precise details, but the rises are pretty widespread and in some cases are not far short of 20%.

The rises will take effect from February 1st and will apply both to lines that have been released already as well as to those that have been announced but not yet produced. China and its exponential industrial growth is being blamed, but there’s no disguising the fact that this isn’t good news for collectors.

Of course, it is good news if you’ve already got something from Minichamps on back-order with us. Our price guarantee means that you’ll only pay the price that applied on the day you placed your order.

But here’s a trick; there’s still a small window of time during which you can nab yourself a bargain. You see, we know the new prices, but we can’t announce them until the end of the month, so until we do, you can buy at the old prices. But, you’ve got less than three weeks to do so.

Remember, you’ll benefit either way; whether you’re buying a current line or something that hasn’t been released yet.

And, finally, here’s a suggestion that might convince you that this is no exercise in hard-sell. Order any new release in the next few weeks. If that particular item doesn’t increase in price on February 1st, you can always cancel it. No questions asked. We don’t see what you’ve got to lose!

And you could easily save yourself £5, £10 or even £20 on a single model! There’ll be no point in crying to us about price rises in February if you fail to act on this advice! Click here to visit our Minichamps site.

Many thanks and kind regards.

Yours sincerely,

Christopher Paul

Date: January 12, 2008 12:01AM
China, stop growing! ;)

Date: January 12, 2008 12:31AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
damn you large community of people with funny eyelids! ;)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: January 12, 2008 12:58AM
Posted by: Monza972
iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> damn you large community of people with funny
> eyelids! ;)

Haha Paul!
Date: January 12, 2008 11:18AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
but there’s no disguising the fact that this isn’t good news for collectors.

really? Maybe charging more for the diecasts will make Minichamps realise that they can't keep churning out old crap anymore. The models have actually gone DOWN in quality, especially the 1:18s, just so they can concentrate on the road cars. Despite this, ACTION (same company as Minichamps) is ploughing detail into the new NASCAR cars, and improving them every year, AND the price is coming down!

Minichamps hasn't been good enough recently, and the only reason people buy them is because it is F1 cars. Had companies like AutoArt done the F1 cars then we'd be laughing at the thought of the Minichamps versions.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 14, 2008 06:23PM
GPL have sent an email saying that Mattel are releasing a 1:18 version of Kimi's F2007 in the darker metallic red as used from Monaco onwards.

so if you've ordered a standard Kimi F2007, then cancel the order and order the new version (if you like the darker paint, of course). it's £49.99.

Date: January 14, 2008 09:50PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
why is it £5 more than the light version?

Date: January 14, 2008 10:05PM
because it's "special metallic" paint!

Date: January 14, 2008 10:15PM
Posted by: Monza972
WHAT?! £5s MORE FOR A SPECIAL METALLIC PAINT?!
Date: January 14, 2008 10:18PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Minichamps was already expensive, they're just abusing the market and checking e-bay, people are biased towards them. I'd never pay more than 20 dollars for a 1:43, I think even 15 would be pushing it. You guys pays 20 pounds or more... madness.
Date: January 14, 2008 10:34PM
I know, we are mad when you really think about it.

1:18 Mattel models aren't worth more than £10, and Minichamps 1:43 shouldn't be more than £15.

but i'm not complaining. if i buy 5 Hamilton 1:43 models for £25 each, there will always be suckers valued customers on ebay who will pay over £50 for them, instead of having the foresight and pre-ordering them for the low price themselves.

Date: January 18, 2008 08:57AM
Posted by: torana_05
is there a good remote control car out on the market i know ion Australia they had a proper ferrari f1 out at big w but i dunno if it will be @#$%& like the ford focus and subaru ones they bought out. are the look a likes good quality or is there a good petrol brand out and does anyone kow the price

Date: January 19, 2008 02:39AM

Arrived. Such a poor quality model, but cost very little and not really bought for quality reasons.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 19, 2008 11:27AM
Greenlight is the manufacter? Hmmm, Id hope my doornbos Champcar model would look a tat better ;)

Date: January 19, 2008 11:46AM
I hope you haven't actually purchased it yet. The Greenlight Panoz DP01s look nothing like the real car.

You should have read some reviews on them first at least. Everybody knows Greenlight aren't any good, and thats why I wasn't willing to pay a lot for my Indy Car you see there.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 19, 2008 12:11PM
I knew the quality is poor, but hey maybe they try to make a nice model, for once, and otherwise there are enough crazy people who want to buy it on ebay ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy