GPGames Forum Scale Model Section

Posted by LS. 
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: March 14, 2008 06:06PM
Posted by: IWE
I might understand quality of that McLaren if if would be self builded from some cheap old model kit and painted with cheapest spray paint.. But even in that case there wouldnt be so big holes beetween all parts. :D

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 18, 2008 01:43PM
Posted by: Muks_C
my MS 7 titles/stats model arrived today, with a letter saying the print i also ordered will be in a separate delivery, which should arrive within 48 hours.

they've used a Minichamps display case, which has a wooden base with velvet-like material covering the underside so you don't damage a table, like trophies have. the perspex bit is also very high quality, as you'd expect from Minichamps, compared to the poor case that came with the Alonso championship models.

the wheels are quite loose and toe out and camber quite a lot when you look at it head on (what a surprise, a Mattel model has a fault ;)), so i might position them and glue them in place so it looks better.

it'd look great in Marlboro livery, i might try it one day.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2008 06:44PM by Muks_C.
Date: March 18, 2008 07:36PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Nice model there! I agree that display case is nice!

Date: March 19, 2008 02:37PM
heres my 2 new ones :) Fernando one is better! It has the Number 1!! LOL

Date: March 19, 2008 03:26PM
Posted by: Nickv
OMGZ!!! WHERE DID U BUY TEH HAMILTON MODEL??????????//////!!!!111
Date: March 19, 2008 04:39PM
Posted by: IWE
Looks sweet.. But propably did already cost hole to creditcard..? :P :D

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 19, 2008 05:18PM
nickv from mclaren.
Yes, but my hamilton is going on ebay so hopefully make some profit :)

Date: March 19, 2008 05:21PM
How much? :P
Date: March 19, 2008 06:02PM
Posted by: Monza972
£1 and then £1000 p&p ;)

On a serious note, it absolutely looks good
Date: March 19, 2008 09:41PM
nice Maccas!

look what i picked up in Spain :) a 1:10 RC MP4-22, made by Majorette/Solido, and it's a proper official product with all the sponsors and stuff (apart from Johnnie Walker), and rubber tyres with 4 grooves in them.

it's 18" long and about 7.5" wide. the box is almost the size of my suitacse, so i thought i might only be able to bring the car and accessories home and leave the box and packaging behind, but i managed to pack all my clothes around the car on it's polystyrene shell, and pack them underneath in the cavities too, and i managed to get it all home!

it was only 19 Euros from Carrefour, and it looked cheap as sh!t to me when i looked at the actual car, so i almost didn't buy it, but it's bloody amazing value. it's heavy and seems good quality, and is quite good to play with. i photographed it before playing with it there, so it's now got quite a lot of scratches underneath, and i've damaged the front wing a bit by crashing into things. it doesn't look crap when it drives. you can drive it at top speed, then let go of the accelerator and turn the wheel fully. it grips for a little bit then loses grip and spins, so you then accelerate again. it looks almost like the real cars when they spin off and do a quick power spin to get going the right direction.

it comes with a rechargaebale battery pack and charger, plus a 9v battery for the remote.

they also had a slightly smaller 1:12 version, but it didn't come with a battery or charger, it needs 9 AAA batteries to run, so for only 4 Euros extra, you can get this bigger version with battery and charger.

they only make the Alonso version and had loads of them, i'd have brought a few more back if i could.

this guy has made custom helmet decals for Lewis and Pedro, so you can run all 3 cars at once if you like (there are 3 channel settings on the car and remote): Lewis, Pedro

but look at the high price he wants for them. i can't believe it only cost me around £15, that's less than i pay for 1:43 Minichamps models!

and this guy is on drugs, he wants £140 for 2 models: Click

i'll take some photos of it next to a 1:18 model so you can see the size (and damage).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2008 09:48PM by Muks_C.
Date: March 20, 2008 04:03AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Spain has some very awesome RC models as well as scaletrix and that whole electric racing stuff :D
Date: March 20, 2008 10:08AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
I was bought a 1:8 racing car, it was supposed to be a williams but with slightly different sponsors! After 1 day I blew its engine, rofl.

Date: March 20, 2008 12:35PM
exactly, in some fancy goods and toy shop, i saw fake Ferrari and Renault RC cars, both were 1:8, but cost 45 Euros. and i got the real, official model, based on a real team and car, for only 19 Euros! I still can't believe it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2008 06:52PM by Muks_C.
Date: March 20, 2008 04:20PM
Posted by: matt3454
Grand Prix Legends has a sale at the moment, with free delivery which intrests me. But unfortunatly theres nothing i like there.

Date: March 20, 2008 06:46PM
matt3454 schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Grand Prix Legends has a sale at the moment, with
> free delivery which intrests me. But unfortunatly
> theres nothing i like there.

Yeh same, not really interesting stuff for sale :( the one of those lotus' 1:43 cought my attention, but 20 pounds for shipping to holland is waaay to much.

Date: March 20, 2008 06:53PM
i can only see 3 items in the sale, a nosecone and a couple of other items, and clothing from Alpinestars. anyone ghot a link to the rest of the items in the sale, or is that it?

Date: March 20, 2008 11:07PM
I've just bought a 98 Hill and 98 Panis (both 1:18) for 50 euros :D
Date: March 21, 2008 07:23AM
Congrats, 2 great models for a good price :)

Date: March 21, 2008 07:35AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Eww, Panis ;)
Date: March 21, 2008 12:50PM
i heard you like to get your hands on a Panis from time to time, Gui ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2008 10:47PM by Muks_C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy