GPGames Forum Scale Model Section

Posted by LS. 
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: October 24, 2007 04:10PM
Posted by: Muks_C
here's the info about the 1:18 Lewis 1st Test MP4-21 at GPL: [www.grandprixlegends.com]

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 24, 2007 04:39PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Just found this whilst browsing:

[cgi.ebay.com]

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: October 24, 2007 04:44PM
cool, i definitely want a model of that, even thought it was shite in real life.

Date: October 24, 2007 05:18PM
yeah same here, i'd like a 1:43 button one - as pictured.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: October 24, 2007 05:41PM
Posted by: chet
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> cool, i definitely want a model of that, even
> thought it was shite in real life.

Shite car but sure did look good.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 24, 2007 05:46PM
hence the reason i want one...

not the showcar though, the real RA107 when it's out, probably next year.

Date: October 25, 2007 12:00PM
Posted by: IWE
Models what I mentioned earlier DHL did bring perfectly for my birthday. :)

Old beautiful Arrows A19.

Toyta TF03 (if im not wrong). Bought mostly because of so cheap price..

Always liked Jordans and find EJ14 and 198. Now I have 4 Jordan models if counting Mattel 1/18 EJ-10 and self builded kit of Jordan 191.

FW20 and FW21 Launch Car 2000.

And then pearls of my minimal collection: 002, 005 (sadly with bit broken luckystrike sticker on side) and Ra106 what I bought from Neste Rally earlier this year.

And Sennas' (forum member) nightmare.. 4 Brasilian drivers. :P This Prost car I have since about 3 years.

And before anybody say anything about boxes.. Or that they are missing.. Yeah. Bit poor suprice that models didnt include boxes at all. On ebay it wud be smart to ask everything including shoe size of seller.

Anyway I dont complain because of what I shud expect if I buy 8 cars with few euros over price of 1 new one.. Just have to crate/buy something where to keep these cars. :)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: October 26, 2007 12:52AM
Nice collection there, and yeah bit of a shame about the boxes.

I performed a wee bit of surgery on my Alonso model earlier!

Soft tyres all the way! ;)

;-)

[en-gb.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2007 12:53AM by iCeMaN pAuL.
Date: October 26, 2007 01:20PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
looks quite good!

Date: October 26, 2007 02:20PM
a bit pointless considering the showcar never ran with striped-tyres, but anyhow, it's your model to spoil if you so wish :)

@ IWE, some nice models there!

is that Pantano in the EJ14? i like the special "Whole Season Sponsors" EJ14 like this one: [cgi.ebay.co.uk] or this: [cgi.ebay.co.uk].

there's a limited edition Glock Canadian GP EH14 too:

I have the Mansell London Street Parade EJ14.

and is that Arrows A19 really the 1998 car? it looks suspiciously like the 1997 with '98 livery to me, a showcar in other words... i could be wrong though. could you post some more pictures of it from the side?

or, could you take a photo of the '98 Jordan, the FW20 and the Arrows together to see if the Arrows looks like a '98 car?

edit again: ignore me, i think i'm wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2007 02:23PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 26, 2007 03:25PM
Yea its Pantano. I tried first to get that Mansell model but it did go thru my hands.. I also saw that "whole season thing" somewhere but price was too high.

Arrows is somehow funny because it doesnt look exsactly like 1997 car (even nose and bargeboards wud really fit) and also not like 1998 car what Im used to see. 1998 car had really high sidepods and really weird cut on back of them.

I can take picture later when I get back home.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: October 26, 2007 09:23PM
some collector at kimistuff did a f2007 conversion. I think it looks much better, might do this on the kimi 'hat trick' model then.

Date: October 26, 2007 09:31PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Yeh dj, i think im gonna order 1 from rick ;-) looks good, doesnt it:)

Date: October 26, 2007 09:49PM
the car was with the hashmark livery in Melbourne though, so it will be historically innaccurate if you convert it to Marlboro. Better to buy a simple race version of the car, or the championship version, and convert that instead. but it's up to you of course, you can do it to the Hat Trick model if you want.

Date: October 26, 2007 10:02PM
lol i knew that muks!!!!!!!

edit: yup i will put hashmark livery on it

i cant afford both :( lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2007 10:02PM by DJSKYLINE.
Date: October 26, 2007 10:21PM
going back to that 1:43 Williams FW14B from Atlas Editions ([www.atlaseditions.co.uk]), i just ordered it but unfortunately you can't order the FW16 online, as far as i can see.

if anyone knows how to do it online, please tell me :)

just looking at their products, i like the look of this one: [www.atlaseditions.co.uk]

it's 60 World Atlas Fact Cards, 1 for each of the 60 countries they've chose, but it's the free gift i'm more interested in, a large World Atlas poster to put on the wall. for 99p, it's bloody good value even for just the free gift alone!

Date: October 27, 2007 09:46PM
About that black Arrows even seller said that its actually 1997 car.. So mystery solved.

Date: October 28, 2007 03:21PM
ah, so my initial instinct was correct? so it's really an Arrows FA18 with A19 livery and '98 Bridgsetone tyres.

Date: October 28, 2007 03:54PM
Yeap. Shape is exactly like this one.

Date: October 29, 2007 07:02PM
anyone got any of those Maisto 1:24 Assembly Line models, the ones you "build" yourself?

i bought 3 on friday from Asda for £4 each, and i must say they're very good for that price. i wouldn't pay £10 each, but they're good if you can get them for this sort of price.

they're very easy to build, and take less than 10 minutes. no glue is required, and the main metal body fits together with the lower plastic pieces with 2 or 3 screws (screws and mini screwdriver provided).

the 550 was the best-made of the 3 i bought, everything fitted together the best and took less than 10 minutes to put together. the 430 and 550 are my favourites, the Enzo isn't brilliant. they all have opening doors and bonnets, and 8 wheel rims, but only 4 tyres. 4 rims are shiny, the other 4 are dull so you can choose which ones you want to use. i've used the shiny ones for all 3 models, but you can change them if you want.

oh and i forgot when i said in an earlier post that i didn't have a monthly budget for models. i'm a subscriber to the James Bond Car Collection, and we're up to issue 21. we get 2 issues per month in 1 delivery (2 magazines and 2 models), plus 3 special free subscriber-only models, as you can see in the photos. they're quite good quality but maybe a bit expensive at £7.99 each. but they sell on ebay for more than that so you could be a subscriber then sell each issue after you've read the magazine or if you get bored with the model, so all is not lost.

i received a faulty model once (well the model was fine, but the car and movie name was missing from the base) so i reported it. they sent me a replacement free of charge, so i put the faulty one on ebay and got £15 for it!

the making of:

F430:

dull rims:

shiny rims:

F550 Maranello:

dull rims:

shiny rims:

Enzo:

dull rims:

shiny rims:

(apologies for the "orange-ness" in some photos, it's just the flash, you can see the real red colour in the first few pics)

in this Ferrari range, they also have the F50 and F355 Spyder, and also a newly released 599 GTB Fiorano, and in a slightly older range they have some other Ferrari models.

they also have other car models in the Assembly Line range too: Lambo Murcielago, Audi A4, Ford Focus, Subaru Impreza to name just 4.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2007 07:06PM by Muks_C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy