GPG Nations Cup S2: Finished! S3: Annoucements/Signup pg 52! (4 SPACES LEFT)

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
about Jake's idea: it sounds interesting to me, but in some races I'd also like to spend more points for quali than for race, or vice versa.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
GPG_Nations_Cup Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 6. With the large amount of support to move the
> GPGSL over to 1 run qualifying and a 1 stop race,
> what do you guys think on these. Follow the idea
> or keep our separate format? Any different format
> suggestions you want to see implemented (don't say
> sprint race, that will get shot down ;))

I'm in for a one run qualifying format. The order for the first race will be based on the final standings of the championship in S2 but then reversed. For the second race it's based on the results of the last (first) race but then reversed.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
i really disagree turbo lover :P i agree with 1 lap each for quali and then 1 stop races

Hi! I'm new to this thread and wondering if team England has been taken already? :)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2012 05:56PM by smoglessbutton4.
Hello there! I'm not running the game, just a participant, but as far as I know there is no Team England for next year. However, there is Team England in Season 2, so it is up to the owner of the team to decide whether to resume playing with England or not.
OK, thanks for the info :)

GPGSL -
smoglessbutton4 schrieb:
> Hi! I'm new to this thread and wondering if team
> England has been taken already? :)

This is the current entry list for S3:
1. Sweden (Markus Aspenstrom) - willward
2. Netherlands (Maikel De Boer) - MDBSnake
3. Germany (Tobias Kederer) - kedy89
4. France (Jean Girard) - shep34
5. Italy (Paulo Tafuro) - senna9194
7. Spain (Diego Alvares) - Incident 2k9
16. Montenegro (Mirko Vukcevic) - truecrysis
25. Australia (Nathan McGregor) - Macca25
27. Finland (Ouen Edvardsen) - oensan
33. Bulgaria (Nikola Nikolov) - pycku
42. San Marino (Gianluigi Silvestre) - Gigi4
69. Portugal (Paulo Silva) - X_Acto
Canada (Ben Johnson) - icky
Great Britain - Ferrari2007
Wales? - gareth
Austria - Wurz
Japan (Kazuki Kamikaze) - Turbo Lover ?

IIRC both team England and Wales have said that they'll leave the series, so Dan could take team GB as he was the first to state his interest. I think that team England and team Wales wouldn't be possible then, but I guess we have to wait and see what Ben and Connor say about this.

Some mods
OK :)

GPGSL -
I've contacted John Warrington about it but haven't heard anythiing back about if Team Wales will continue.

If he decides not too, then I'd still like to take Team GB

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
There goes that opportunity....
Team USA is not taken?

GPGSL -
smoglessbutton4 schrieb:
> There goes that opportunity....
> Team USA is not taken?

That depends on whether Chris will continue. I think he too said he want to quit, but I'm not sure about that. Best would be to contact him about it.

Some mods
Hey everyone i took an unexpected break to recharge.

Chris as far as i know said he was leaving half way through the season so USA is clear. I will update that entrants list tomorrow. Since Dan is a returning manager and again i believe John Warrington is not continuing then it does not stop Dan having GB but does put a halt to GB nations being picked.

I saw the one lap quali and just to put it out there. Would a one lap quali still see people spending points in quali? Personally i would not risk 500 on a quali if i knew i only had one shot at it. (solution to that could be separate quali and race points to spend)

Pm's will be going out as well once i have sorted through all the new info, just letting everyone know what we are chasing :)

Lastly i did like the idea of spending points in groups. Perhaps not this year if True wants to encourage more Activity people will not leave themselves to spend in clusters
Ok im back! Based on what i've seen and the simple fact that Dan already participated and asked first, Team GB will be formed and given to Dan.

As Chris said he was retiring, USA is all yours smoglessbutton. and gareth you are welcome to choose any non taken team :).

Entry list will be updated.

A few revisions to what ive said. For this seasons boost packages will not be introduced, i want to see how the variance change performs over a whole season, and as kedy said, people often want to place different amounts on quali and race.

Also a change to the boost window. The window will open as soon as qualifying for the previous race has been posted, and will close 5 days after the race has been posted at 18:00 GMT. This is automatic, and will happen for every race. That gives everyone plenty of opportunity after the race to observe the results and plan accordingly.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Season 3 Annoucements:

Current Entry List:

1. Sweden (Markus Aspenstrom) - willward (im assuming? ;))
2. Netherlands (Maikel De Boer) - MDBSnake
3. Germany (Tobias Kederer) - kedy89
4. France (Jean Girard) - shep34
5. Italy (Paulo Tafuro) - senna 9194
6. Great Britain (Dan Paddock) - Ferrari2007
7. Spain (Diego Alvares) - Incident 2k9
10. Japan (Kazuki Kamikaze) - Turbo Lover
11. Austria (Dominic Brunner)- Wurz
15. Fiji (Joeli Cauncaunibuca) - gareth
16. Montenegro (Mirko Vukcevic) - truecrysis
23. Canada (Ben Johnson) - icky
25. Australia (Nathan McGregor) - Macca25
27. Finland (Ouen Edvardsen) - oensan
33. Bulgaria (Nikola Nikolov) - pycku
42. San Marino (Gianluigi Silvestre) - Gigi4
50. USA (Matthew Allington) - smoglessbutton4
69. Portugal (Paulo Silva) - X_Acto

Rule changes:

1. I have decided that variance will be reduced to 500. Whilst complete tests haven't been completed, this numbers seems a fair number to stop boost becoming irrelevant.

2. Not an actual change, but can i get everyones opinion on Jake's (incident 2k9's idea)

"This might seem crazy, but maybe we could have something like boost packages?

Small boosts provide 100,100
Medium boosts provide 250,250
Large boosts provide 500,500

You get 6 small boosts, 4 medium boosts and 2 large boosts, and because there's not enough to use in every session you need to select when to use them tactically.

Top 3 countries at the end of the season get prizes as such:
3rd - 1 extra small boost
2nd - 1 extra medium boost
1st - 1 extra large boost

Extra boosts wiped at the end of the season and given to the new top 3.

If we have a base variance of 500, you get one wildcard which can be used in a race of your choice. Using the wildcard puts your variance up to 1000 or something; it could be beneficial to you, but could just as easily be detrimental to your race."

Whilst i don't want to enforce it yet, it is an interesting idea, and something that could improve activity, something which me and ben have been trying to fix for a while. If the perf is not converted to a different system altogether, the boost total and cap will stay the same.

3. As with last season, each participating country can nominate a track as a home track. Please make this tracks actually from the home nation if possible, and real tracks take precidence over fictional tracks when creating the calendar. A list of potential tracks that may be picked per nation will be published at a later date. Race #17 will be a neutral race, voted on by all members

4. As it currently stands, slots will not be shuffled around for each race. Whilst it is a perfectly sensibly solution, i personally feel that any problems with odd performing cars in Season 2 was due to variance as opposed to slot. Especially considering there were no cars with exceptional retirement rate (ie Australia S1), with several cars retiring 3 times being the maximum rate for S2.

5. Another not actual change, im considering sacking managers who are not active within a certain period, instead of the current policy of leaving inactive drivers until a new driver comes in the replace them. I feel i can do more with a slot i know is empty as opposed to possibly, and also encourages activity. Currently its possible to start the season, leave for most of the middle and come back right at the end. This isn't right and needs fixing, although im not looking to kick a manager the second they are inactive. If this is put in place, holiday rules similar to the GPGSL will be used. Thoughts?

6. With the large amount of support to move the GPGSL over to 1 run qualifying and a 1 stop race, what do you guys think on these. Follow the idea or keep our separate format? Any different format suggestions you want to see implemented (don't say sprint race, that will get shot down ;))

7. Boost windows will begin as soon as the qualifying for the previous race has been posted, and will close at 18:00 GMT 5 days after the race has been posted automatically. Any submissions outside of this will not be accepted. This is to happen for every event.

8. As announced, carshape and helmet WILL stay the same.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2012 08:26PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Great! We (Austria) are in the entry list. If nobody got a problem, we would use number 11 as tribute to Niki Lauda who won his 2nd world championship with this number. :-)

As for myself I will be the driver of the car. My name: Dominic Brunner. Red Bull Ring (A1 Ring / Spielberg) will be of course our home circuit. ;-)

First podium: S8 Australian GP - 3rd at Testers sprint race

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2012 02:50PM by Wurz.
Excellent! Driver name: Matthew Allington
We would like to have Laguna Seca as the venue for our home race
and we would like to use car number 50 please :)

GPGSL -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2012 09:21AM by smoglessbutton4.
With TeamGB's debut, can I take that well known motorsport powerhouse Fiji?
Number: 15
Driver: Joeli Caucaunibuca
Home Circuit: Melbourne (I figure that's the closest??)
Team GB??? Speaking bluntly, i personally reckon that is a cop out! LOL! Just like in the Olympics! Wales, Scotland and England should all be competing as themselves at the Olympics, and in GPGNC i honestly think if someone wanted to be Wales or Scotland or England, that should take precedence over a Team GB. Just my 2 cents....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
shep34 Wrote:
> Team GB??? Speaking bluntly, i personally reckon
> that is a cop out! LOL! Just like in the Olympics!
> Wales, Scotland and England should all be
> competing as themselves at the Olympics, and in
> GPGNC i honestly think if someone wanted to be
> Wales or Scotland or England, that should take
> precedence over a Team GB. Just my 2 cents....

Totally agree. (So that makes it 4 cents now :))

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Macca25 Wrote:
> shep34 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Team GB??? Speaking bluntly, i personally
> reckon
> > that is a cop out! LOL! Just like in the
> Olympics!
> > Wales, Scotland and England should all be
> > competing as themselves at the Olympics, and in
> > GPGNC i honestly think if someone wanted to be
> > Wales or Scotland or England, that should take
> > precedence over a Team GB. Just my 2 cents....
>
>
> Totally agree. (So that makes it 4 cents now :))

I did consider being Scotland, but making a tartan car was too much hassle...;)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy