GPG Nations Cup S2: Finished! S3: Annoucements/Signup pg 52! (4 SPACES LEFT)

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
A good 3rd place to end Austria's campaign.

We look forward to bringing in Spain for next season, and hope we will be in the fight to be the 3rd country to have our name engraved on the Cup.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Hey Ben,

I tend to agree that the variance this year was the main problem. It has to be decreased again to allow the boost to take effect. How often was it the case for me, for Nathan and also for Portugal, that big boosts were used and nevertheless it went only backwards because the variance was too high and in these special cases scaled down the perf rather than letting the boost take effect.
This series is based on the use of boost, much more than the GPGSL is, for example. So, I think this is the main thing that has to be sorted out. A variance of 500 is what I would suggest, as this reflects a variance of the standard boost for every race (250 points). So, in worst case this throws someone who spent the standard boost points, down to the standard perf.

I'm not sure if increasing the boost points is really necessary. It's rather one or the other. Either boost points and no change of the variance (although then you'd have to give nearly double as much boost points as we have now), or keep the boost points and change the variance.

The slot changes are a very nice idea, but I'm not sure if they really have such an effect. Nathan was also very unlucky last season already and there he was on a different slot. And like you said, it's really a bunch of work to rotate the slots all the time. If you guys are up to taking this work, it might be a good idea. But I wouldn't recommend it.

As for Team Switzerland, the decision is final. At least for S3. Of course the season was frustrating, but that's not the main point for the removal of Team Switzerland. It's mostly that I need to concentrate on other things in RL. It was, despite all, a nice time though...obviously especially with the win of the championship in S1.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
If only I had not forgotten to request boost ... nice season overall, San Marino will surely do even better in S3 =)

By increasing the points you could spend i still meant that it would be capped at 500 for quali and race each round just you could spend more over the course of the season as a way to see less 500 500 spends and so you would have more rounds you could spend on. Not to the point it would be the majority of the rounds i mean maybe another 1500 tops
This might seem crazy, but maybe we could have something like boost packages?

Small boosts provide 100,100
Medium boosts provide 250,250
Large boosts provide 500,500

You get 6 small boosts, 4 medium boosts and 2 large boosts, and because there's not enough to use in every session you need to select when to use them tactically.

Top 3 countries at the end of the season get prizes as such:
3rd - 1 extra small boost
2nd - 1 extra medium boost
1st - 1 extra large boost

Extra boosts wiped at the end of the season and given to the new top 3.

If we have a base variance of 500, you get one wildcard which can be used in a race of your choice. Using the wildcard puts your variance up to 1000 or something; it could be beneficial to you, but could just as easily be detrimental to your race.

I appreciate it sounds a bit gameshow-like, but it might put a bit more fun in...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
YES! YES! YES! WORLD CHAMPION

i hope mext season is just as good :D

First of all, congratulations to Sweden for winning the title!

I think a podium would have been possible, but we lost too much time at the first stop. But we could get back 3rd in the championship, and that was all we wanted after the qualifying.

About the variance/boost discussion:
I also think that decreasing the variance to 500 would be a good thing. As John said, a 500/500 boost was useless too often this season.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
bleuuurgh wrong account

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2012 02:41PM by truecrysis.
Team Montenegro Statement

After a 13th place finish in season 2, Team Montenegro had this to say: "We are of course a little disappointed with how this season has gone. Having finished 10th in season 1, we were certainly hoping for another top 10 finish or even better. But where we finished does stand testament to how many quality teams there were in this season. Add to that the fact we did of course achieve a win, part of our grand slam weekend, which was nice. Despite the disappointment of this season, we will most certainly be participating again next season, where we hope to build on our experience so far. We will maintain current driver Mirko Vukcevic, who will keep his current helmet. Finally we would like to congratulate Sweden on a fantastic win, and say a big thank you to all the participating staff of the GPGNC, this competition wouldn't function at all as well without the guys over there. That concludes this statement."

We are staying on, nothing is changing, same team, same driver same helmet, but maybe the same livery? With my current schedule, my car painting time is about 0, so if anyone is willing to provide a livery for team montenegro next year that would be fantastic. Having seen some of the ones you guys come up with im sure something great can be achieved. If not that i will keep this season's livery :)

Round 17 World GP Championship Standings/Final Nation's Cup Standings

Congratulations to Sweden for winning Season 2 of the GPG Nation's Cup!
Well done also to the 2nd place finisher Netherlands and 3rd place finisher of Germany.
The above results are considered as the final results for Season 2

Note: No penalties were given on the case of the 1 stoppers in this race, as it was judged that no advantage was gained from doing a 1 stopper. Penalties exist to make up unfairly gained time should an error in GP4 occur, and as no time was unfairly gained, no penalty shall be given.

@Connor: I can paint a new livery for you, if you want. Just tell me a bit about the design/colours and sponsors you'd like to have.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Season 3 Annoucements:

Current Entry List:

1. Sweden (Markus Aspenstrom) - willward (im assuming? ;))
2. Netherlands (Maikel De Boer) - MDBSnake
3. Germany (Tobias Kederer) - kedy89
4. France (Jean Girard) - shep34
5. Italy (Paulo Tafuro) - senna 9194
7. Spain (Diego Alvares) - Incident 2k9
16. Montenegro (Mirko Vukcevic) - truecrysis
25. Australia (Nathan McGregor) - Macca25
27. Finland (Ouen Edvardsen) - oensan
33. Bulgaria (Nikola Nikolov) - pycku
42. San Marino (Gianluigi Silvestre) - Gigi4
69. Portugal (Paulo Silva) - X_Acto
Canada (Ben Johnson) - icky
Great Britain - Ferrari2007
Austria - Wurz
USA - smoglessbutton4

Countries will be assumed to be leaving UNLESS they state they are staying. You MUST state you are staying on to participate. New participants are welcome, and whilst the current number of available slots for newcomers is unknown, there is guarenteed space. Everyone also needs to choose a number, between 4-99. 1,2 and 3 are reserved for the top 3 finishers of the previous season. Current managers have priority to keep their number, and after that first come first serve. Anyone missing from the list, please let me know!

Rule changes:

1. I have decided that variance will be reduced to 500. Whilst complete tests haven't been completed, this numbers seems a fair number to stop boost becoming irrelevant.
2. Not an actual change, but can i get everyones opinion on Jake's (incident 2k9's idea)

"This might seem crazy, but maybe we could have something like boost packages?

Small boosts provide 100,100
Medium boosts provide 250,250
Large boosts provide 500,500

You get 6 small boosts, 4 medium boosts and 2 large boosts, and because there's not enough to use in every session you need to select when to use them tactically.

Top 3 countries at the end of the season get prizes as such:
3rd - 1 extra small boost
2nd - 1 extra medium boost
1st - 1 extra large boost

Extra boosts wiped at the end of the season and given to the new top 3.

If we have a base variance of 500, you get one wildcard which can be used in a race of your choice. Using the wildcard puts your variance up to 1000 or something; it could be beneficial to you, but could just as easily be detrimental to your race."

Whilst i don't want to enforce it yet, it is an interesting idea, and something that could improve activity, something which me and ben have been trying to fix for a while. If the perf is not converted to a different system altogether, the boost total and cap will stay the same.

3. As with last season, each participating country can nominate a track as a home track. Please make this tracks actually from the home nation if possible, and real tracks take precidence over fictional tracks when creating the calendar. A list of potential tracks that may be picked per nation will be published at a later date. Race #17 will be a neutral race, voted on by all members

4. As it currently stands, slots will not be shuffled around for each race. Whilst it is a perfectly sensibly solution, i personally feel that any problems with odd performing cars in Season 2 was due to variance as opposed to slot. Especially considering there were no cars with exceptional retirement rate (ie Australia S1), with several cars retiring 3 times being the maximum rate for S2.

5. Another not actual change, im considering sacking managers who are not active within a certain period, instead of the current policy of leaving inactive drivers until a new driver comes in the replace them. I feel i can do more with a slot i know is empty as opposed to possibly, and also encourages activity. Currently its possible to start the season, leave for most of the middle and come back right at the end. This isn't right and needs fixing, although im not looking to kick a manager the second they are inactive. If this is put in place, holiday rules similar to the GPGSL will be used. Thoughts?

6. With the large amount of support to move the GPGSL over to 1 run qualifying and a 1 stop race, what do you guys think on these. Follow the idea or keep our separate format? Any different format suggestions you want to see implemented (don't say sprint race, that will get shot down ;))

7. As announced, carshape and helmet WILL stay the same.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2012 12:48AM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Connor: I can paint a new livery for you, if you
> want. Just tell me a bit about the design/colours
> and sponsors you'd like to have.

Awesome :). Colours are the two colours from the montenegro flag, red with a gold trim. As for the design, free choice, can be based on this seasons car if you need idea's, oh and it must have the two wings from the montenegro flag on the rear wing endplates! Number will be 16 again, and for sponsors, i tended to try and find Montenegrin companies, so anything from these companies will do [en.wikipedia.org]
I tend to use t-mobile and telenor, although i never released that there was a sublist with supermarket chains i could use...

The Portuguese team will participate in the 3rd season of the series. Let's see how it goes this time...

-----------------------------------------------------

I'd be interested in continuing but as a new team. Personally it'd be nice to be Team GB, but I'd have to see what the managers of the other Home Nations do first

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Yup for that dan you will need to talk to john warrington and jack (twigster). If no agreement can be reached and that and you still only want to be GB, i will look into it :)

Are we staying with the same shape or can we change?

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
which carshape were you looking at nathan? Currently i had planned to stay the same as i had no problem with this one and a few people had already started, but provided it doesn't look too different, im willing to go up to having two different chassis at maximum

I forget to say that the Portuguese team want to keep the number 69 on their car. :)

As for the home race i would like to choose the Estoril track.

-----------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2012 05:19PM by X_Acto.
Team Netherlands will be staying in the league for a 3rd season, we are not done yet!

Woohoo 1000th post ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy