GPG Nations Cup S2: Finished! S3: Annoucements/Signup pg 52! (4 SPACES LEFT)

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
i need 3rd or better or hope netherlands cant handle the heat :P

im gonna sit in the stands and FUS RO DAH my competition hot

Qualifying could be better.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Hi, guys. Well, I'm come back after my 1st part of holidays!!

Not so good season for us, but we'll continue on next season. BTW, what a fantastic 5th place on Oulton Park!!! =D

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
So here we are. The culmination of a long hard season with a championship to be decided. The weather is great again this evening so lets not waste time babbling and have ourselves a race

We are off and we see De Boer and Maverick get off the line well

Alpenstrom has a great start as well coming up the inside of Jantsher and McGregor to take third at the first corner

We see just behind that Johnson making it in front of Vukcevic with contact at the rear of the field

Maverick is alongside De Boer into the sweeping left hander but De Boer will come out in front to hold the lead

Behind that Jantsher forces McGregor wide and Kamikaze comes around the outside of the Australian

Maverick forces De Boer to the outside in the chicane but still cannot get past

McGregor finds himself under pressure from Vukcevic as he finds his feet

Who goes around the outside, nice move by the Montenegrin driver

Kederer loses out to Hunsley behind that

But fights back at the exit of the chicane

Only to be stuck on the outside having to yield to Hunsley

Down the long back straight and Johnson uses the slipstream to pass McGregor at the chicane at the end

We see Kederer being forced all the way to the other side of the circuit if he wants to make the pass

There is contact in front with Edvardsen squeezing Nikolov out

Kederer tries to go the long way around both Edvardsen and Hunsley because of it but has to settle for just Hunsley

Copeman this time making the pass on McGregor who is going very slowly

Kederer only had to wait a straight to pass Edvardsen though

Girard parks it on the inside of Antunis further back

Nikolov has a better drive out of the last corner and is drag racing McGregor to turn one

Where he makes the pass on the Aussie

Girard and Antunis still scrapping with Girard holding the inside at turn one to keep the Brazilian back

Standings after the early exchange of lap one

We see Alpenstrom diving up the inside of Maverick and he goes into second place

Kederer now goes around the outside of McGregor as Edvardsen looks on

Silvestre pass Hunsley as he looks to progress through the field

Brilley passes Marinescu as regulars of the back marker scrapping

Edvardsen is the next man to line up McGregor who he gets by at Turn one

Tafuro nearly manages to lose his front wing on the rear of Marinescu's car

Vukcevic tries to deter Johnson by pushing him all the way to the white line

It will not be enough though as Johnson gets through

He is not the only one as Copeman shoots around the faster outside line of the chicane

McGregor drops yet another place to Silvestre this time

Silva outbrakes himself and collects Byrne

Brilley cannot avoid it and he hits Silva

Silva and Byrne end up the wrong way

France v England as Girard uses the Englishman's slipstream for 14th place

Kederer pulls out of Nikolov's slipstream very early as they sprint to the end of the straight

Kederer has the inside line and takes 9th place

The gap is holding at a second for De Boer to Alpenstrom

Kamikaze alongside Jantsher at the popular passing chicane

He has to wait till they are in the middle of the chicane to use the quicker line

Brilley makes Vilela a victim of his at the back of the field

Kederer gets Vukcevic at that chicane again as he tries to take third in the championship

Girard is trying to stop him and passes McGregor in that effort

Silva passes Marinescu in his recovery from his spin

McGregor continues his spectacular decent of the standings as Brilley goes by

Kederer is alongside Copeman at the beginning of the chicane

And ahead at the exit

Edvardsen passes Nikolov to grab the 10th spot for now

We see Silva having his turn at a drag race with Tafuro this time

Which he wins to move to 20th spot

Brilley driving well passes Antunis now too, its been a good drive by the Welshman

Time for a short break. More action coming up from the Abu Dhabi circuit

Welcome back and it is time for the next segment of this crucial race

We are onboard with Kederer who has Johnson going defensive

He is clearly the faster man and the slipstream just helps him get by Johnson who does make him work through the chicane for it

Edvardsen copies Kederer just a couple of places behind

But makes his pass a little more easily

Johnson cuts off Copeman forcing the American to lock the brakes up in a big way

No damage comes from it though

Standings with the pit stops to come

Again Johnson refuses to let Copeman pass

De Boer is the first to pit, as does Maverick

Alpenstrom takes the lead currently as Kederer pits

Copeman also coming in this lap

De Boer rejoins in 11th and Maverick 13th with some clear air

Copeman comes out right behind Byrne with Kederer losing out coming out behind him

Silva takes the inside line on Vilela

While behind that Copeman uses the fresher tyres to drive by Byrne

Johnson and Nikolov make their respective stops

As Kederer finds himself blocked by Byrne

But he doesnt give up on the pass and clears Byrne

Johnson is out 13th as Nikolov makes it out in front of Byrne

Brilley frustrating De Boer as he is allowed to defend his spot and does

Alpenstrom pits

So does Edvardsen

Alpenstrom is leaving the pits where is De Boer?

He is coming through and keeps ahead of Alpenstrom

Edvardsen's stop sees him ahead of Copeman Vukcevic and Kederer

Vilela makes a move on Girard who drops one

De Boer abusing the extra grip he has to pass Hunsley

Kamikaze makes his stop

As does Jantsher

Which leaves De Boer to take the lead again

Kamikaze comes out third and behind Alpenstrom

Jantsher has 4th

We see Maverick pass McGregor who is yet to stop

Vukcevic loses out to Kederer for the final points position

Standings after the pit stops

Maverick trying to keep up the pace locks up

We see Edvardsen fly by McGregor who is suffering that all to familiar sinking feeling

As Copeman is the next man to make his attempt to get by the Australian

McGregor puts up a strong defence to hang on

But only to the end of the lap as Copeman is all over him

And takes the Australian who surely should pit soon

Time for another break as the coverage equipment (my laptop) needs to cool down from this red hot action

Argh!! Why does Sweden drive so good? ATM I can hope only for 2 things, Japan overtaking Sweden and we scoring the fastest lap!!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
It's so damn frustrating. Again it only goes backwards, and that with the max possible boost points. I really don't know what else to say. I would have loved to take second and help Netherlands with that, too. But Team Switzerland simply has no luck anymore.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
See, it's @#$%& like this that makes me want to quit. Maximum boost and we get passed by 15 people as if we are standing still. Its just not practical.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
We should maybe look at the boost system for next year. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything better at the moment...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
We are back and ready to bring you the next segment of the final round of the Nations Cup for season 2

We rejoin the action with McGregor losing his place to Edvardsen

Brilley comes back off his defensive line forcing Vilela to lock up

De Ja Vu as Copeman is all over the back of McGregor on the home straight

Making the pass at turn one

Kederer attempts to take McGregor around the outside of the sweeping left hander

Only to get out of shape and let Vukcevic tuck in behind McGregor and yoink his spot

Vukcevic pulls out alongside McGregor

And easily gets him on the brakes as McGregor on the old tyres locks up

In fact it was a nudge from Kederer that has him in trouble with Silvestre and Nikolov

Three abreast in the middle of the chicane

Kederer somehow comes out on top as Silvestre ends up behind Nikolov and loses out

Girard capitalises on this to make a move on Silvestre and has only Nikolov between him and the man trying to take his third in the championship

Kamikaze is closing the gap on Alpenstrom

Copeman has been let down by a loose wheel and that is the end of his day and season

Johnson sticks it up the inside to pass Maverick

Tafuro loses out in a scrap further down the field with Antunis

Maverick has to go defensive against Edvardsen down the home straight

Girard is trying to get past McGregor having dispatched of Nikolov but not this time

Edvardsen has the run on Maverick down the back straight

And passes him under braking, textbook there

Nikolov watches on as Girard is alongside McGregor

Girard makes the move on McGregor forcing the Aussie wide

But Nikolov cannot capitalise

Alpenstrom locks up as he is under increasing pressure from Kamikaze

McGregor goes semi defensive on the start finish straight

Both Nikolov and Silvestre are wanting a go at this

But no change this time around

Alpenstrom comes right across the circuit to try and stop Kamikaze

And it works this time

Silvestre now takes the view Nikolov had previously as Nikolov makes his move on McGregor

Silvestre having a go just a few corners on

McGregor is alongside and will not give it up easy but will have to

Kamikaze makes the move happen this time on Alpenstrom and that livens up the championship

McGregor makes a move back on Silvestre which makes a positive change to his race so far

Kamikaze is after the win chasing down De Boer

Silvestre retakes that place from McGregor he just left as he cannot do anything about the lack of pace

Kamikaze sets the fastest lap and steals that from De Boer

Kederer passes Vukcevic trying to make up the points he needs today

Johnson has to take a defensive line to Edvardsen letting him know he will not make this easy for the Finn

Same for De Boer as Kamikaze is right on the back of the Dutch car

Here are the standings though with pit stops to come

Which we have to interrupt that though as De Boer has gone defensive against Kamikaze who runs into the back of him

Drama as De Boer runs off the circuit and Kamikaze and Alpenstrom go through

Finishing touches on the standings

Kamikaze is the first to pit

Alpenstrom goes into the lead as Kederer is the next to pit

De Boer looks like he is struggling now as Jantsher is onto him

Kamikaze rejoins the circuit in 9th

Time for the final break of the final race. Join us for the conclusion of this great finale

Its time for the last part of the last race of Season 2. A champion will be crowned

It does not look good for De Boer though as Jantsher is racing him down the back straight

And makes a move we seen so many times today as it just slips away from Team Netherlands

Kederer finds himself 13th after his stop

De Boer pits and looking to save his challenge in this final stint

Kamikaze comes by and De Boer cannot get out ahead of him

Alpenstrom pits and so does Jantsher

They are not the only ones as Edvardsen Johnson and Vukcevic come in for the last time

That gives Maverick the lead

Kamikaze comes past the pit exit and ahead of Alpenstrom

Alpenstrom and Jantsher beat De Boer in the pit stops its a mountain to climb now

Edvardsen is stuck behind Nikolov after his stop

Whereas Johnson has some clear air in tenth currently

Maverick gives up his brief spell as the leader

Kamikaze comes through to take the lead

And Maverick finds himself right behind Vukcevic after his stop

Girard now has the final points position

Standings after the pit stops

Tafuro is trying to keep with Silva around the outside

He is stuck on the outside all the way round but maintains the position

Kederer trying to keep himself ahead and away from Girard passes Johnson up the inside for another place

Alpenstrom is comfortably second and not too far away from being able to win today

Tafuro finally stops today

Silvestre gets past McGregor

Who finally stops for the first time and the pace mystery is solved

Girard has a cloud of smoke to drive through

And its Maverick who has an oil leak and a nice fire to accompany it. He becomes the second retirement of the day

Vilela and Marinescu pits

Nikolov holds the final points spot now

De Boer looks to be struggling still as Edvardsen closes in

The final nail in the Dutchman's championship coffin as Edvardsen overtakes De Boer with just 4 laps to go

Alpenstrom only needing to keep the second position has the gap down to a half second

With the end in sight he takes Kamikaze

And takes the victory and becomes the champion for this years Nations Cup

Kamikaze takes second

Jantsher rounds off the podium

De Boer fought hard today but it just was not quite meant to be

Nikolov takes the final points position

Here are the final standings. It CTD after the race but i have this which holds the positions

Why the hell did I only stop once with 6 laps to go. Something had to be entered in wrong in the coding. That is ridicules.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
@Macca I did what i always do which is blank out all the pit stop values except 100 for the two stop strategy and then i save it on both save buttons just to make sure. I swear that is how i have done it because i never want a one stop strategy ruining someones race.

My congratulations go to Sweden Most consistent over the course of the season and although seemingly always up there i am glad it went down to a race like that.
Fantastic race by Kamikaze. A shame he couldn't kept first place for another lap. The second mandatory pit stop was the turning point for first place.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
We are happy with 2nd in the championship and like to congratulate Sweden on the victory. We are just bumped that Japan hit us off track, the car never felt the same after it.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Awesome coverage but a crap of a race as always. Bye bye Nations Cup with yet another crappy performance. S2 was very disappointing and we feel it is a good decision to leave the Nations Cup at least for a while.

Of course we also want to congratulate Team Sweden to the win of the championship. A well-deserved champion for sure.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Good coverage as always.

For the Portuguese team it was the only good thing from this two final rounds of the championship...
How can i spent over then 300 points in boost for qualifying and only get the 20th grind spot? How can i spent 500 in boost for the race and cross the finish line in 16th? Probably had finished in 18th if there wasn't two DNF...

This was too often over the season. If the performance stays this way for next season the Portuguese team will drop out of the series.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone i thought i would let you know that i am passing on the series to True. I will still be helping him out and while he is away on holiday i will keep everything going ready for next year. I have just lost a bit of energy for the series, it being such a hectic, frustrating year.

This year has seen many problems and a lot of people have been frustrated with results. I see people wanting to quit but i am open to suggestions to anything that could bring balance to the series

There are a few thoughts that came to my mind personally and this is something i thought if i threw out there perhaps people would change their minds and stay if parity can be brought to the series.
My first instinct and this is a little work on the mod each time but something i noticed this year is teams like Sweden and i am not saying this should not be possible or taking anything away performed well all year comparatively to points spent whereas on the other end some teams, Australia come to mind have suffered more times than most. I do not know if that is to do with slots this is perhaps a more psychological thing but to randomise the slots in the mod for each team race by race to give everyone a shot on each slot and then no one person could be stuck on a buggy slot.

My next thought is to increase the performance points you can spend or decrease the maximum. Ideally increase the perf points as decreasing the maximum brings more inactive drivers into play. However this way there is more reason to spend points at more races and increasing the activity of everyone in the series from a race to race perspective as we suffer without any penalties for inactivity. Perhaps even allow people to be more adventurous on how they spend points. There could always be additions to making people spend points more adventurously with ideas like only spend max points once in the season.

The last thing and this was something that did hurt the series. Changing it midway would have hurt all those who had spent more points early but to fix the variance. I intend to find a variance that gives the fairest results possible for the points that are spent.

Please give me your thoughts. That includes any retirements as i do not want to lose anyone and together we can make this an unpredictable fair series
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy