GPG Nations Cup S2: Finished! S3: Annoucements/Signup pg 52! (4 SPACES LEFT)

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
The GPGNC is a simulation racing league where 22 nations compete to be the Nations Cup champion

Format

The championship is an offline championship. Team owners choose the performance levels of their cars, based on their own personal strategies and the races are run on the PC of the Race Director with a full race review posted to the GPG Forums. The Nation with the most points wins the championship.

The points system has changed from season 1 with 10 places now scoring points to encourage spreading as well as a bonus point for qualifying pole and setting the fastest lap time in the race.

1 = 12
2 = 10
3 = 8
4 = 7
5 = 6
6 = 5
7 = 4
8 = 3
9 = 2
10 = 1

The Teams

The championship will consist of 22 teams. Each team must be themed on a valid nation of the world as per the owner’s choice. Multiple cars of the same nation are not allowed.

The Drivers

The Driver names are a free choice. These names can be whatever you wish within reason, nothing too silly or offensive

Carshapes

The carshapes are now decided by the most popular suggestion of all those involved. Depending on the community the shape will change from season to season. This year the car shape is the SMD-09a by Snake Motorsports. We want to thank Snake for providing us with the shape
Link to car: here
Link to presentation kit: here

Liveries

The livery of each car should be relevant to the nation the car represents. All cars should have the nations country labelled on the rear wing. As with driver names nothing offensive should be painted on the cars. Sponsorship is allowed and should be from the Nation provided unless is the case of manufacturers when this does not matter. Driver numbers are made by choice with number 1 only available to the champion and first choice on numbers through to 22 going to the person who finished the championship in that position
Tobacco sponsorship is NOT allowed, as some countries do not allow images to be uploaded that contain tobacco advertising.

Car Performance

Each car will have the same performance, set using the performance file – 850bhp, 1500 reliability. This is constant for all seasons since teams share cars on the performance file then we could only implement it if people scored identical points.

Driver Performance

This is where the team owner can really make a difference to his/her fight for the championship.
Each driver will be given a base performance of 16000 for races, and 17000 for qualifying. The team owner is given a ‘budget’ of 8500 points. The team owner may allocate some of these extra points to the qualifying and race performances, up to a maximum of 500 each (ie, the absolute max performance is 16500 for races, and 17500 for qualifying). This limit is imposed in order to prevent runaway races. Boost deadlines will be at the discretion of the Performance manager, and shall all be sent to the GPGNC account. Performance allocations CAN be changed before the deadline falls, but the last known choice before the deadline closes will be the used one.
Each performance file containing the boost shall be posted before qualifying commences. If errors are found and a session has already been run, a rerun may be called upon to correct the erroneus result. At the end of the season the position in the championship you finish comes with a point’s reward that carries over. This will be altered as seasons pass to help newbies
These points are added on the the performance budget total for each manager. For example, season 1 finish = 1st, season 2 budget = 8600.
Points Stay with that manager, so if said manager chooses to change nation, the points gained still remain.

It is as follows:

1 = 100
2 = 85
3 = 75
4 = 67
5 = 60
6 = 54
7 = 49
8 = 45
9 = 41
10 = 37
11 = 33
12 = 29
13 = 26
14 = 23
15 = 20
16 = 18
17 = 16
18 = 14
19 = 13
20 = 12
21 = 11
22 = 10

Joining the GPGNC

Joining is easy, simply state the fact that you wish to join in the thread, and you will be added to the reserve list. You will gain a seat only after your car and helmet have been painted, your number has been chosen, and your driver has been annouced. After that the GPGNC management will decide whether any manager has been suitably inactive to let you take their seat.

Race Weekend

Qualifying shall be 30 minutes in length, 22 cars on the track, 4 laps of fuel per stint with a maximum of 16 laps.
Race distance shall be set to 66% of full race distance, with 2 mandatory pit stops per race. If a driver does not complete both pitstops, penaltys may be used to correct any erroneus result. The penalty will be based on track positions, length of pitstop to make sure the driver receives a penalty reflecting his overall gain in the race since every track is different and so the penalties will reflect this.

Season 2 Official Calendar:

The calendar is 17 races with a weather draw that has already been assigned next to each track. All tracks are from Nations within the series with a neutral last round in the simulated spirit of fairness

Grand Prix/Country/Track/Rain Percentage:

1. San Marino Grand Prix - San Marino – Imola – 25%
2. Austrian Grand Prix - Austria – A1-Ring – 15%
3. Belgian Grand Prix - Belgium – Spa – 50%
4. Dutch Grand Prix - Holland – Zandvoort – 15%
5. German Grand Prix - Germany – Hockenheim – 25%
6. American Grand Prix - United States – Piranema – 0%
7. French Grand Prix - France – Le Mans 'Petit Sarthe' – 15%
8. Argentinian Grand Prix - Argentina – Buenos Aires – 0%
9. Australian Grand Prix - Australia – Phillip Island – 0%
10. Italian Grand Prix - Italy – Vallelunga – 0%
11. Romanian Grand Prix - Hungary – Hungaroring – 15%
12. Portuguese Grand Prix - Portugal – Estoril – 0%
13. Brazilian Grand Prix - Brazil – Interlagos – 25%
14. English Grand Prix - Great Britain – Oulton Park – 50%
15. Canadian Grand Prix - Canada – Montreal – 15%
16. Japanese Grand Prix - Japan – Suzuka – 75%
17. World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina – 0%

Car Number/Nation/GPG User/Driver Name:

#1: Switzerland - John Maverick - John Maverick
#2: Canada - Ben Johnson - Icky
#3: United States - Chris Copeman - CaptinFranko
#5: Italy - Paolo Tafuro - senna9194
#6: Netherlands - Maikel de Boer - MDBSnake
#7: Austria - Marko Jantsher - Incident 2k9
#8: Argentina - Rodrigo Vilela - Rod_vs
#9: France - Jean Girard - Shep34
#10: Sweden - Markus Aspenström - Willward
#11: Japan - Kazuki Kamikaze - Turbo Lover
#12: Belgium - Laurens Vanthoor - kenney
#16: Montenegro - Mirko Vukcevic - Truecrysis
#22: Brazil - Felipe Antunis - NeoLiot
#23: Wales - Dave Brilley - Johnwarrington
#24: Ireland - Ken Byrne - Ferrari 2007
#25: Australia - Nathan McGregor - Macca25
#27: Finland - Ouen Edvardson - Oensan
#29: Germany - Tobias Kederer - Kedy89
#33: Bulgaria - pycku -Nikola Nikolov
#39: Romania - Mihai Marinescu - Reve-san
#42: San Marino - Gianluigi Silvestre - Gigi4
#69: Portugal - Paulo Silva - X_Acto
#86: England - Jack Hunsley - Twigster151

Reserve drivers
Flynn - Mexico
danm
Gareth

Season 2 Starting Perf

Season 1 Final standings (thread link):

Season 2 Full results

Season 2 mod: [www.mediafire.com]

This is to say thanks to Ruben for all his work on the mod and Connor for putting up with me and doing so much and both carrying the series!

Edited 105 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2012 11:05PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Re: GPG Nations Cup Season 2: Now OPEN!
Date: October 03, 2011 11:42PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Roll on season 2! Everyone get your season 2 presenations on here when you want to do them! Oh and ben just a not, its Connor, not Conner ;-)

My presenation shall not be tonight, it shall be someone else when im not as tired, sorry about that.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 11:43PM by truecrysis.
Date: October 03, 2011 11:45PM
Posted by: icky
Fixed and yeh enjoy yourselves people. I know i will
Date: October 04, 2011 12:01AM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
Team Switzerland presentation

Ladies and Gentlemen,

thank you for coming here to the presentation of your S2 Nations Cup car. After this thrilling final in S1, with a lucky better end for us, we have decided that this season's livery must be something special. For such a small country like Switzerland, where the politics even try to restrict motorsports by not allowed race tracks, it's definitely something special to win the Nations Cup. We are very proud of this and we show it. Some people might think this being arrogant, but that's not our intention.

But now enough of the words that none of you wants to hear anyway. We proudly present the CHNC-02!

Just as a short addo: After the new rules have been enforced, we had to give up our successful car-shape from last year. But we're confident that the team and the driver will make the difference, though.
Concerning sponsors, nothing has changed. Callier is still our main sponsor, together with kult-fernsehen.de. Once change happened there, however. After their factory burned down earlier this year, we can't use it anymore. So far we have worked in a basic own factory, but that is not optimal for sure. We are still looking for a more appropriate solution.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: October 04, 2011 04:49PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
LADIES AND GENTLEMANS, THIS IS GPGSL-NC TEAM ARGENTINA!!

(and yes, this is me on car! ;))

Now, it's official: Argentina will join on GPGSL-NC on next season. At the moment, Rodrigo Vilela will drive the car. He has Argentinian ancestries and loves the idea to represent the "porteña" nation. Another possibility is the argentinian Fernando Alvarez (katunga) to be the driver.

"First of all, it's a honour defend Argentinian colors. It's a country that I love, and we hope put the team on top", said the brazilian. One Racing will helps the country on developement and testings. For this, the two-times GPGSL-3 constructors champion was built a subsidiary host, on Mendoza. The track chosen to tests is Patagonia circuit.

Team Argentina is supported by Audi, Petrobras, Bridgestone, Aerolineas Argentinas, Megatone, Quilmes, Claro and Mendoza Tourism.

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 01:33AM by Rod_vs.
Date: October 06, 2011 12:28AM
Posted by: truecrysis
Team Montenegro Revealed!

Press officers today were gathered in the Team Montenegro base as Connor Steer revealed the car that shall be challenging in Season 2 of the GPGNC. Connor had this to say "Of course last season for the beginning of this cup it was great to finish in the top 10, well 10th to be exact, but this season we really do hope we can challenge for more wins and a higher championship finish. Maybe even top 5! But the field does look very competitive this year, so we may have to be re-evaluating our goals next season. Many lessons have been leant from Season 1 and we hope to go far. About the car... we wanted something that was painted in house this season, and at the same time for it to be very striking and individual, whilst always retaining the definate sense of pride in our country. We really hope it has been pulled off!"
Team Montenegro also announced that Mirko Vukcevic would stay on as driver, as he also revealed his very striking new helmet. Rumours are that this helmet has been plagued with helmet shape issues, so his actual use of it is as of yet unknown... However another small detail was revealed that the car would take number 16 as its number (Specifically chosen by Connor).

Anyway the presentation of the TM-002!

Thanks to John for the absolutely superb pictures!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 12:29AM by truecrysis.
Come on guys get your team presentations in, otherwise the first race will just appear without much pre-hype!

True can you give me some screenies to use for a presentation?
I can't make renders as I had to switch to Ubuntu and so I can't open .z3d template (plus I don't have livery files no more) ... if someone could provide me a 3ds file with the car and wheels and link me my livery I'll do it with Blender ...

icky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> True can you give me some screenies to use for a
> presentation?

Yeh i probably can, but they won't be full in renders like john made for me.

I have no idea how to present my team as others have done...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Basically you get some pictures, there is a download on the first page that has the car with tyres in for zmodeler that you can use. Then you take some screenshots and present them. Doesn't have to be anything too fancy :)

Or you can ask someone if they can do some pictures for you. (if you want me to send me the livery ;-))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2011 07:07PM by truecrysis.
Gigi4 Wrote:
> I can't make renders as I had to switch to Ubuntu
> and so I can't open .z3d template (plus I don't
> have livery files no more) ... if someone could
> provide me a 3ds file with the car and wheels and
> link me my livery I'll do it with Blender ...

Hi, Silvestre. Do you have your PSD car? If YES, send me, then, I'll send you car pictures... my e-mail is: rodrigo_vilelasilva@yahoo.com.br

IF PEOPLE SEND ME PSD FILE CONTAINED OWN CAR, I CAN TAKE SCREENSHOTS!!!

And whoever wants one or two renders of their car, can send me their files, too. However, the more people the longer it takes, of course.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Rod_vs Wrote:
> Hi, Silvestre. Do you have your PSD car? If YES,
> send me, then, I'll send you car pictures... my
> e-mail is: rodrigo_vilelasilva@yahoo.com.br

Unluckly, no, I haven't any livery file as the PC they are stored in is dead ... I sent livery to Turbo Lover some time ago, when he requested them ...

Gigi4 Escreveu:
> Unluckly, no, I haven't any livery file as the PC
> they are stored in is dead ... I sent livery to
> Turbo Lover some time ago, when he requested them
> ...

So, ask him for screens, or tell him to send PSD file by me!!

This weekend I can hopefully finish the mod.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Team Germany presentation

Ladies and gentlemen,

I'm very happy to welcome you all to the presentation of our car, the TG01, for Season 2 of the GPG Nations Cup. After a disappointing first season, we had some changes in our team, and we all hope that we will be more successful this year.

One of the changes concerns the driver of our car. There have already been some rumors about it, but now we can officially confirm that we've signed a contract with Tobias Kederer. He has shown his skills in Season 6 of the GPGSL as tester for TSS, and we think that he's the right one for this job.

Furthermore there are some changes in the sponsorship of our team, this season we will be supported by Siemens, Allianz, Viessmann and Deutsche Post. The car is powered by Audi engines, the team outfits are made by Tom Tailor, and the beer for celebrations will be from Warsteiner.

Thanks to John for the fantastic renders!

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
In that case... I have a feeling a deadline could be appearing set for sometime next week, would everyone be ready for that? ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy