GPG Nations Cup S2: Finished! S3: Annoucements/Signup pg 52! (4 SPACES LEFT)

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Maverick Designs have declared that they'll see what they can do tomorrow to come up with a draft for the Bulgarian helmet. ;-)

And concerning the qualifying: The team is very proud to bring in a solid 4th in the first qualifying. That shows that despite the unified carshape we are still at the top third of the field. The only reason for sorrow is the big gap between us and P1 and P2. Hopefully we will be able to decrease that gap for the race!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2011 04:53PM by JohnMaverick.
Good qualifying without any boost, but the quali shows that the total boost is way too much...

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
good qualif result for sweden

Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good qualifying without any boost, but the quali
> shows that the total boost is way too much...

I think the variance in the perf is different this season caused that. Could do with tweaking
good qualifying result :)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
icky Schreef:
> Turbo Lover Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Good qualifying without any boost, but the
> quali
> > shows that the total boost is way too much...
>
>
> I think the variance in the perf is different this
> season caused that. Could do with tweaking

That variance number is my idea. Originally the variance number was 0 and with that value it will be even worse.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
After the 9th place in qualifying session Portugal is hoping for some points for the race tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------

Let's just see how it pans out over the season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
I don't think that the boost is too high, nor that the variance is having too much an impact. Actually the result reflects pretty much what I had expected. People with 500 boost dominated a bit, followed by people with 250 boost. On the other hand, people who used 500 boost per session, will run out of boost points sooner than people who budget with their points. Logically, everything is going the way it should at the moment.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
qualifying was a bit rubbish... but then with no perf points spent thats the risk you take i guess.

On the note of the perf budget... I think the perfectly logical reason for why me and ben decided to not change it was that it worked in Season 1. We had the same budget as this season and the results was a very closely fought championship, a lot of this was down to the allocations of perf people had been able to use. Infact i came out of season 1 thinking, not "this system is broke" or "i was unlucky", more that "i should have used my perf better", which for me shows that the system does work in the fact that you have to use it tactically.

On the note of variance, ive always felt there should be a small number. Not enough to make boost a waste of time (we don't want the same arguments faced by the GPGSL), but enough for the game to just make the guys with the same perf points fight a bit more, as sometimes at the back (the people with no boost) literally just drive around in a queue, no overtaking as they all are on the exact same level.

But ruben this definately doesn't mean your thoughts are ignored. I think we should let season 2 play out a bit more and see how it goes, and then after that, if there is a fundamental flaw, we can put in a fix :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Poor result for team America (f**k yeah!) but I didn't spend any boost points so I knew I would struggle. Hopefully I can pick some places up in the race.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

truecrysis Wrote:
> On the note of variance, ive always felt there
> should be a small number. Not enough to make boost
> a waste of time (we don't want the same arguments
> faced by the GPGSL), but enough for the game to
> just make the guys with the same perf points fight
> a bit more, as sometimes at the back (the people
> with no boost) literally just drive around in a
> queue, no overtaking as they all are on the exact
> same level.

Seems it's the way is working, San Marino used a full boost for first race and wen slightly slower than P1 and P2 (I assume they also went for full boost).

Anyway I'm really glad to start with a good qualy in our home race, hope my GPGSL experience helps the team in the race, always had a good pace in GPGSL =)

No boost, still poor qualifying...

Oh well, I had 4 straight retirements last season and came within a whisker of winning the title...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Didn't realise we were at Imola for the first round. Maybe I should've used a bit of boost for quali as track position is gonna be important here and I certainly don't have it down in 19th!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Well, at least I won't start on last place! ;)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
The French team are relatively happy with 13th place on the grid. Midfield gives lots of promise to climb up the standings, and hopefully bring home a good finish.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
We are happy to announce that now we have the design of our racing helmet.

John Maverick and his studio John Maverick Design proved their professionalism and created it as fast as possible. Here are some pictures of our helmet:

(Design and screenshots made by John Maverick)

We thank John Maverick and make reservation that this isn't the final helmet design, as when we're given green-light to start racing we will present the final version of liveries of the car and helmet with our actual number and maybe some minor corrections.

Although someone will have to leave to give us possibility to join, we wish good luck to everyone and hopefully a good season to watch :)
7th in qualifying. A great start

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy