GPG Nations Cup S2: Finished! S3: Annoucements/Signup pg 52! (4 SPACES LEFT)

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
IF Australia is quitting, am I able to jump on the boat, sail from France, arrive illegally in Australia and claim Team Australia as my own, and dump the Frenchies??! LOL
Yes, if Nathan has actually quit, I wouldn't mind swapping from France to Australia....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
No, Australia HAS NOT quit, i pm'ed macca and he confirms that he still wishes to be in the competition for now... Im afraid Bulgaria you may not be able to take that slot, however... you make be able to take someone else's slot based on activity, i am sorting that and shall let you know after this race.

Ruben, you have a pm ;-)

Oh and... apologies for the slight delay in coverage, i am doing it and do not need someone else to cover, im just trying something new so it should be with you later today!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2011 02:20PM by truecrysis.
Qualifying has been run! Theres people off roading, bumps, interesting stuff and i am slightly worried im going to be crucified for the result... It shall be posted later!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2011 08:58PM by truecrysis.
Uh oh...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Round 3 - Spa - Qualifying!

Hello and welcome to round 3 of qualifying today! We are in Spa-Franchorchamps in Belgium ready to see 22 cars line this mighty track and try and set the fastest possible time. The weather forecast today says rainy, which could lead to a very interesting session! Not only that but on the return of Montenegro TV today as a guest RD we provide you with not one, but two methods to watch the coverage! You may choose out of live video which can be viewed here (mute if my voice annoys you too much ;)):

Or you may stick to our tried an tested method which shall be presented below!

Hunsley is the first man on track to brave the wet, wet conditions, closely followed in the yellow of Marinescu.

And in a very unsurprising turn, Hunsley secures pole! He must be hoping he can keep it there though...

Which he immediately fails to do, as Marinescu takes a quarter second chunk out of his time.

Vilela then shows them both how its done! He smashes them both by a full second, to take pole for now.

Silva is unable to keep up the trend of poles from the men infront of him, and instead goes to the very back down in 4th.

Does stop anyone else though! Antunis takes the pole position time for now, although only very very marginally...

Turns out marginally isnt enough, as he is very quickly dumped out of pole, the time fall by another quarter of a second as Tafuro crosses the line.

Kederer goes almightly close! But its not quick close enough, as he takes 2nd place behind the Italian, 1 tenth off.

McGregor, desperate to make up for the bad luck he's had recently takes his shot at pole, 3 quarters of a second up now.

Not even that can hold up! Now its sweden's turn in the form of Aspenstrom, as he shaves more time off, half a second gone.

Season 1 winner shows that he's not dropped off yet, as he matches whats already been done with a 3rd place. Still a big gap between him and pole though...

Not as low as Kamikaze however, the Japanese man has struggled on his first lap really, and can only manage an 8th place.

It seems the trend for quick times is replaced with one for slower times. This time its Vanthoor who can only get himself up to 9th place.

More respite from green times by Girard. He's in 4th, but a whole 1.2 seconds off, someone really needs to close that gap...

Edvardson is not the man for the job at all... He is right down in 11th place, maybe going for style of time as he is 2.222s off.

Although you can make that 12th now, as Copeman slots his stars and stripes car up into 10th place.

Its quite bunched up in the middle of the pack. Jantsher is 1.5s off and can only grab 8th place, which shows how tight 4-10 really is.

De Boer shows that he is well up for a shot today! He goes almightly close to Aspenstrom's time, only 2nd place for now though...

And from one end... to the other. Johnson has a slow lap which puts him 3 seconds off in 18th place.

Vukcevic isnt overly close either though, as he only manages 14th on his first run. Not sure he will be matching last weeks performance today...

Brilley looks to narrow that gap down between the main gap and the front, as he slots himself into 4th, half a second off Aspenstrom.

Whilst Byrne continues Irelands not so impressive start to the season for a 16th place time.

Silvestre too manages to keep up with how the season so far has been. Pretty decent, and thats a 6th place for him.

Now with everyone's first laps done, we can get a shot of the standings:

The track now has a massive drying line forming after those first runs, and Kederer shows the massive jumps in speed with a half a second lead in the first sector.

This translates into laptimes for Hunsley, as he grabs pole for the second time today, a full 1.3 seconds up!

The other drivers do not seem keen for him to have it though... as Maverick instantly snatches that away with a 0.2s faster time.

Kamikaze seems uninterested in the idea of being held up by Aspenstrom and shoves it down the inside into the final chicane... He improves up to 3rd, but thats still 1 second off...

And he's not third anymore! Vanthoor crosses the line only moments later, and snatches that final podium position slot away, well theoretically atleast.

Antunis feels the need to push Kamikaze down even further on the list, as he now takes the 4th place away.

McGregor continues his quest to get to the front of the grid today, and he now puts in a lap to grab himself 3rd place. He's getting there...

Marinescu can't match his yellow rivals time though, and only finds himself in 6th place.

Kederer however translates his stunning first sector into pole position! Seems he carried the pace through the whole lap, 6 tenths up!

No such luck for Tafuro though, as his time improvement can only find him an 8th place.

Jantsher too sets a first lap and closes the gap up to the front! He now sits alongside Kederer on the front row.

Silva only manages 14th so far, its not been a great day really... However he does have a car in close company, has he held someone up?

Possibly, possibly not. The car in question is American driver chris copeman. He improves his time up to 9th, but theres still time to go yet.

Vilela has had an absolute nightmare out on track... He sets a terribly slow time, 17 seconds off the pace!

He's quickly followed across however by Edvardson, who now sits on the halfway line with an 11th place.

Johnson has had a slow start to his second season, and things seem no different here, as he sits down in 13th, 2 seconds of the pace...

Byrne too doesnt really seem to be on it today, as he is really slow down in 18th place, 2.5 seconds off. Girard however seems desperate to take the line as fast as possible and even hits the grass to get round Byrne! It works though, he now owns 4th place.

Brilley takes pole! Out of nowhere really, the welshman pulls out a stunning lap, and he now sits at the front of the pack. Amazing!

Silvestre prefers to follow the slower trend the Brilley and has to settle for a 14th place, a whole 2.3 seconds down on that time just set.

Vukcevic finds some pace from nowhere on that lap! Despite the fact he has no boost whatsoever, Vukcevic has grabbed himself 5th place, good speed!

And now, we hit that 15 minute marker which means we can show you some standings:

Now its time for a commercial break! Everyone's favourites... If you have paid the subscription fee, you shall be able to watch the coverage advertisement free on our website (or using that video above ;)), but if you have not, then im afraid you shall have to wait just a little bit. ;-)
Be back soon!

Round 3 - Spa - Qualifying Part 2!

Welcome back! With our single scheduled commercial break down and done, we can welcome you back to the track for the second half of this qualifying session! As it currently stands on this wet-but-drying track, Wales sits at the front of the pack, but times have been cut on every run so far so there is a long way to get yet! Back to the action...

And as we rejoin the track Girard finds himself a little surprised by the wet line into the pits and slides straight into the back of Byrne! No damage for either man though, but maybe a few choice words...

Back on the trail of time setting, and Aspenstrom shows that the track is still getting quicker, sector 1 shows over half a second improvement for the swede!

Kamikaze is hanging about at the top with a 3rd place time, although saying that he is a whole 1 second off the pace...

Hunsley takes pole again! I've lost count how many times he's done it, but he seems to be the first of the drivers to improve on every run...

But with Hunsley taking pole comes the inevitable... He loses it immediately after as Aspenstrom crosses the line to snatch it away.

Whilst switzerland find their car right behind those two, as Maverick goes close, but not quite front row.

The flying dutchman of de Boer crosses the line now... Steals 3rd fro...Wait no thats 4th! Turns out Copeman was almost in De Boer's cockpit and steals the 3rd away!

And with them squabbling, Antunis takes that space behind and uses it well, he takes pole position! Still 10 minutes to go though...

Jantsher doesnt have so much luck this time around, as he can only hoist himself up to 8th, which will surely mean lower.

Although not yet it isnt, as Marinescu cannot manage to find the time to improve and slots right behind the austrian in 9th.

Which he very quickly loses to Silva as he crosses the line to take that 9th place away from him.

McGregor meanwhile must have had an off somewhere, he is 20 seconds off the front pace!

Maybe this rubs off on Vanthoor? Or is the Belgian just not that quick today, he only jumps up to 12th place.

Tafuro however pulls out a very decent run, showing them both how its done to grab himself a 5th place slot.

Whereas Edvardson only goes marginally better, but still sits 2 places ahead in 3rd! Its so tight up the front, any improvement will gain places.

Kederer takes pole by 1.4 seconds! That is a massive time gain by the german driver, and he now sits way way ahead of everyone else!

Johnson grabs himself a much much better position that what he's had so far this season, thats a pretty neat 3rd place for him.

Vilela continues to be very very slow in these rainy conditions, and his improvement can only see him up to 17th place... dismal.

Byrne puts his car right in the midpack with that lap, a solid, currently points paying position for the irish man.

Whereas Girard continues to be up and about the top end of the grid, as he sees himself hit 4th place, nearly 1.5 seconds away though...

Previous pole sitter Brilley shows that he's still got the pace in this session, as he cuts Kederers lead by half for a 2nd place slot.

Whereas Silvestre shows a good turn of pace that lap and manages to bag himself a 3rd place by being last man in that run.

Oh that looks big! Another pair of drivers get caught out the wet pit lane entry and this time its Copeman who finds himself up in the air off the back of De Boer! All that happens is both spin and then pit however, lucky for both teams.

With 5 minutes to go, everyone heads out for what will be their final runs today. Kamikaze shows he is well up for taking pole with a faster first sector...

And he does so! Kamikaze now sits in 1st place, all he has to do is wait for everyone else to cross and hope noone can beat him!

Vukcevic is definately not the man for the job, he climbs only up to 4th place, which will surely be lower by the end.

And well its already lower... Hunsley fails in his continual quest at pole position, and can now only manage to grab 4th place.

Aspenstrom goes so close! He has to settle for second at the moment, but he is 4 thousanths off Kamikaze.

But that does not matter, as De Boer grabs pole position! 0.2s faster than Kamikaze puts him in first, can he hold it!

Antunis finishes off his day with a not so great final lap, he can only see himself into 8th position with that lap, and will end up lower down...

Jantsher grabs himself 5th place, 8 tenths of De Boer up the top. Like he drivers he now has to wait for a final standing...

Vanthoor will not enjoy seeing that lap at all, and infact nor will the home fans... He currently sits down at the mid point off 11th place.

Edvardson fails to improve his time so will have to accept what he gets. Maverick meanwhile takes that 11th place mid spot straight off of Vanthoor.

Copeman pulls himself something out the bag! Thats a very tidy 5th place for the American man, can he hold it there?

Whilst so far its a yes, as Marinescu fails to set a decent time at all, and instead can only get himself to 14th...

Which will now be 15th, as Silva crosses the line and seems to be looking for points in the race with an 8th place slot.

Well on the other hand Tafuro seems to be off colour today, that 16th place lap is definately not what the italian would have wanted...

Girard has been pretty consistant all day, and he doesnt change that so far, as he now gets his 5th place back.

McGregor immediately demotes him, and maybe the luck is looking up for the aussie! He grabs himself a very good 4th place with that lap.

And well the luck really isnt looking up for Vilela today. His day has been as grey as the weather, and he will just want to move on... 20th.

Whilst Byrne really doesnt manage much better at all, all he can do is grab 21st, and a decent finish tomorrow looks a bit more than unlikely.

Just one man to go, can Silvestre knock De Boer off top spot? Nope, he can only manage an unlucky 13th place, and with that, qualifying is over!

Although on the back of that, Maverick seems to forget he has to be careful entering the pits for a second, and gives Edvardson a mild bump for his troubles.

Here are the final standings for qualifying:

So congratulations to Maikel de Boer for Team Netherlands! It was a case of who could nail their final lap, and the man from Holland definately managed to do that, great job in the varying conditions. He shall be joined on the front by Kamikaze, who may just do that down into the first corner...

And remember guys, any feedback on the qualifying, especially the video, will help me make it better for when the race comes about. Also, if you don't want to hear my voice over the race, then i can easily cut that part out :).

Thank you and see you for the race!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2011 05:54PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Hey there! I really enjoyed this video! I was thinking about videos like that for a long time. Well done and keep doing videos, they are quite entertaining (at least I like them much :))

As for race video - I think it will be quite more difficult, as there are 22 drivers and it is impossible to get every interesting moment, but I'm quite sure you'll do it brilliantly ;)
Loved the video

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
I will not discuss standings yet, but video coverage was great!! :) Very entertaining even though shooting the same shots most of the time :D But thats qualifiying anyhow ^^

Keep it up :) And I like the option with screenshots to it as well! But it'll be very time consuming to do both I presume ...

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Cheers guys good to hear it was liked. Not sure whether i speak to fast in the commentary as i havent listened to it, but i know the clips came at me really fast when i was doing it.

Yup i am hoping to get one done for the race of course, and yes i will do screenshots for that too. As maikel said, time consuming to do both, but as im just being guest RD for this race i will get it done ;-)

Just so you know, this is probably a one off, the whole video thing, as i just happened to be able to do it, ben might not have as much time, just so you guys dont have too high expectations from now on ;-)

Great coverage. Congratulations. ;-)

Too bad for the 20th place on the grind. Let's hope for better luck in the race.

-----------------------------------------------------

im happy with 3rd and i loved the video :P hopefully they'll be some more :D

Last??

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
lovely video mate,but my qualify was simply too bad...

My GPGSL Career
First of all, the video was very nice. I tried this in GPGSL Season 5, I think, and I know how much effort it is.

On my qualy: Well, 15th is what I should have expected after purposely spending so little boost. I actually expected much more 500 boost people, that's why I decided to save some points. With 15 minutes left it was even looking brilliantly with P4...but now I'm really a bit disappointed. I'm not expecting points from P15.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Qualifying has now been fully posted using that post i reserved earlier, so if you were waiting on the pictures then you now have the full picture. And keep the feedback for the video coming guys, if theres anything to be improved please let me know before i post the race :)

Truecrysis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2011 05:57PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Good video mate, enjoyed the commentary...

8th is ok. There's potential for some points...fingers crossed.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Good video (Y)

and also a good qualy for me

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Can't believe it! :) Second pole position out of 3 races ^^ Brilliant! Now move on for a race victory :) Still need to take our maiden!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
MDBSnake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can't believe it! :) Second pole position out of 3
> races ^^ Brilliant! Now move on for a race victory
> :) Still need to take our maiden!

not if markus has a say in this :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy