GPG Nations Cup S2: Finished! S3: Annoucements/Signup pg 52! (4 SPACES LEFT)

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Absolutely loving the video Connor keep them up! I'm not overly thrilled with my qualifying result, I am hoping for a strong race though.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Conner i will check out the video when i get a second but quality coverage as always. I am going to be pretty stretched if it means recordings. What are you recording on?
Rod_vs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last??
>
> :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Mate, I'm last!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
icky Wrote:
> Conner i will check out the video when i get a
> second but quality coverage as always. I am going
> to be pretty stretched if it means recordings.
> What are you recording on?

Thanks. Im recording on fraps and editing in camtasia. By all means dont worry yourself too much with trying to get videos sorted for coverage, as i said it was more of a one off as i had the time, im sure everyone will still be happy with just pictures next race :)

owen, rod is last in the last picture of part 1, i hadnt posted pictures of part 2 when he commented ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Cool i always find with fraps i have ridiculous sized files for the smallest of recordings. Guys if i am lucky and can get hold of a PVR for christmas then i will try doing some video coverage like conner has :)
Great video quality! I'm happy I converted the massive boost into a 2nd place on the grid.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Fraps is definitely an alternative, but I personally prefer MSI Afterburner (and yes, that also works if you don't have a MSI graphics card). The program can a lot more than Fraps free version and gives better results, IMO.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Fraps free version? I never said mine was the free version ;-)

But yes ben the files are quite big, for the race I'm having to record Half, move the files off my hard drive and then record the other half. Although that's probably because of all the junk I have on my pc ;)

truecrysis Schreef:
> Fraps free version? I never said mine was the free
> version ;-)
>
> But yes ben the files are quite big, for the race
> I'm having to record Half, move the files off my
> hard drive and then record the other half.
> Although that's probably because of all the junk I
> have on my pc ;)

Keep the junk .. buy a bigger hard disk ;) ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
The race has been run! And wow well... i think theres enough to make this video worth watching, was a pretty awesome race, well atleast for me. Now to trawl through 1 and a half hours of video footage to make the vid ;-)

I do love a good video with commentary and none of that really cheesy music.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
I know this is the GPG Nations Cup thread but I am offering any drivers interested the chance to test for Christel VXR in the GPGSL for season 7. You simply to have submit a helmet design and be active on the GPGSL thread. Anybody interested please PM me. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the GPGSL.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Would just like to apologise to everyone for the major delay. The video is done pretty much, so now it is just uploading, and sorting the pictures, it will be with you very shortly, i just didnt realise how much editing it would actually take! ;). Anyway sorry, even im annoyed at me for how long its taking...

Round 3 - Spa – Race Part 1

Hello and welcome back to Spa-Francorchamps! Today we are finally ready to show you the race for this round! We apologise for the major delay, Bernard Ecclescake had summoned a meeting to try an interfere with the GPGNC, but we soon sent him back to tinkering with F1. Anyway enough of the behind the scenes politics, Maikel De Boer sits waiting patiently on pole ready for those lights, on this gloriously sunny day (a massive contrast to qualifying!), to go out and get the race under way... To the track!

Naturally as promised, we have our 100% live premium showing of the race, right here for you! Whether you like the commentators? Your choice completely ;-)

The cars are ready, the fans are hyped up. We have go from the RD, which means 1 light...2 lights...3 lights...4...5... Go! Go! Go!

The cars make the dash for the first corner, De Boer sits on the onside of turn 1, Kamikaze on the outside. McGregor attempts to split them having jumped passed Aspenstrom.

But coming out of turn 1, it seems that Kamikaze has got a much better run and could well be ahead!

A replay of the start onboard with McGregor, and we see that he has a lightning start to shoot passed Aspenstrom, and nearly gets in the mix with De Boer and Kamikaze!

Slightly further back things arent quite so clean, as Antunis runs out of space and just taps the back of Vukcevic's car.

But thats nothing, as Byrne is slightly airborne! He seems to have ran into Marinescu's real wheel and his car has just jumped. The low speeds means he suffers no damage though...

McGregor now on the attack straight away as he looks to gain more places by getting passed De Boer into Eau Rouge... He holds off for the time being for a easier chance.

Kederer too looks to take a position into Eau Rouge, as he targets Girard in the France car... Contact! Kederer and Girard have come together and Kederer has flown into the barriers! Somehow he only manages to suffer losing his front and rear wing, we hope he's ok in there though...

And with pieces of the German car strewn across the track, it was only a matter of time before someone took damage. That man is Antunis, and he will have to pit to get a new front wing as he can't avoid running into Kederers rear wing.

Maverick meanwhile has tried to avoid debris, and in doing so ran wide, the car spins... right back onto the track! And there is simply nothing Vanthoor can do! The Belgian man has no time to react at all, and Maverick and Vanthoor are both now out of the race!

Meanwhile we get a replay of Brilley looking up the inside of Silva into Eau Rouge, but the welshman perhaps sensibly backs out of it.

McGregor seems to have picked a better spot to overtake, and that spot is into Les Combes. De Boer defends very hard though, and infact McGregor clips the back of the dutchman... and spins! He goes from third to facing the wrong way!

Meanwhile coming up to the spot it seems that in the mess of Eau Rouge, Hunsley too has lost his front wing. Our data tells us... he ran into a flying wheel from Mavericks car, unlucky...

McGregor meanwhile has to wait for absolutely everyone to pass, and rejoins back behind the absolutely destroyed, but thankfully still functional, German car.

Theres a bit of a queue forming at the exit of Bruxelles as Marinescu and Vilela try to make their way passed the damaged men of Hunsley and Antunis.

Meanwhile, its seems the Brilley now has managed to find his way passed Silva off screen, and how sits in 7th place. Next up, Copeman of USA.

Hunsley seems determined not to let anyone passed easily, despite his damage, meaning that he has a train of Vilela, Johnson, Byrne and Edvardson sitting behind him.

Both him and Antunis make it safely back to the pits however, and it looks like they will be able to continue the race.

Silvestre now on the attack against Vukcevic, trying to climb his way up further into the points down into Les Combes. Not so easy though as they are still sit by side after the first part! Vukcevic makes Silvestre work hard for it but eventually concedes, Silvestre now into 9th place.

Back at the front for a quick leader check, and it seems Kamikaze has given himself a fair gap back to De Boer in the opening lap.

Brilley has now moved onto the back of Copeman and shoves the car down the inside into Pouhon... Beautiful move! The welshman is showing how its done today, another place gained.

Whilst a little bit further back, Edvardson is hassling the back of the bright green car infront of him of Byrne. No move as of yet.

And Kamikaze just confirms that pace he is showing to the world, as he sets a new fastest lap on lap 3. He really looks racey today.

Behind him though, Aspenstrom is having to work hard into the final chicane to keep his podium slot, Jantsher seems intent to steal it away.

Tafuro is the next man that Vukcevic will have to defend from, now down at turn 1. Not this time for Tafuro, but both men will look to avoid history, as they both crashed out following an overtaking incident between them last year.

Jantsher has a quick check on Aspenstrom into Blanchimont, but that really isnt the ideal place to be overtaking anyone, last year proved that.

Its not the only fight to be happening however, Brilley has already moved onto his next man, in the form of Girard. Another look in Blanchimont, but really nothing doing.

But there could be something on at the chicane...? Nope nope but Brilley is almost in the same car as Girard, they are mightly close!

Silva and Silvestre have both been through the motions of fighting today, and now find themselves against eachother. Silvestre doesnt look interested yet, but Silva makes sure.

Oh... almost a carbon copy of last year's incident! Tafuro dives down the inside of Vukcevic, but Vukcevic squeezes him against the inside. Both come out of it unharmed this time... And in the same positions of course.

Oops, mistake from Byrne as he overshoots Pouhon and now finds himself turning circles! All of this means that he has backed right onto McGregor, and the irishman immediately defends.

And now... Commercial break! If however, you chosen to pay the premium to get the full access channel (its free, honest ;)), then you can still watch the race, uninterrupted, live, straight to your television/computer set.
We will be back soon!

Round 3 - Spa – Race Part 2

Welcome back! We have shown you enough commercial jargon for now and we are ready to show you more racing action! When we left you Kamikaze had stolen the lead, fights were happening all down the field, and there had been a 5 car crash at turn 1. Back to the track we go now for more of this action!

As we go back to the track, Brilley opts for a more aggressive approach to try and get passed Girard by bumping into the back of him. It doesn't pay off though.

Meanwhile McGregor finally gets to make a move on Byrne who had slid infront of him earlier this lap. He too can't make the move pay this time round though.

Tafuro once again lines up a move on Vukcevic as they head into les Combes. And it seems history does repeat itself! Tafuro runs into the back of Vukcevic and both drivers have spun!

Both drivers survive this time though, and Vukcevic enters the track (albeit very clumsily slap bang infront of Vilela) in 11th place, whilst Tafuro rejoins in 15th right infront of the Byrne/McGregor pair.

The 3 crashee's of lap 1 are all now in one straight and seem to be closing in on eachother, that could make for an interesting fight.

Brilley doesnt seem to have worked out the running into the back of Girard doesnt work, as he does exactly the same this lap. Once again Girard runs slightly wide, but holds position.

And now with 5/6 laps down, we can offer you some standings!:

And that was just in time as everything is just about the shuffle up. Kamikaze starts off the first run of pit stops and he pits in from the lead.

Brilley seems to have Girard nailed into this chicane, can he make it through! Oh no wait he's simply pitting...

Kamikaze exits the pits and he immediately has to deal with a faster Silvestre diving up the inside of him into Eau Rouge.

He seems to have kept himself ahead though...oh wait no it seems that he wasnt on line through there, he's gone wide, and thats straight into the barrier! Kamikaze has crashed from the lead! He was defending from Silvestre, had completely the wrong line and couldnt save it!

Meanwhile as Brilley comes out of the pits, he finds himself in a slightly safer situation, although he does have Vukcevic and Vilela behind him fighting. No change in position for either man that time.

It seems from that incident with Kamikaze, Silvestre has a big chunk of his front wing, and he now has to make his way back to the pits. He was scheduled for a stop anyway...

Theres slight confusion as Silvestre slowly enters the pits for drivers trying to overtake him. Vukcevic makes it passed but all this gives Edvardson a chance to get alongside Johnson. He unfortunately cant do anything with it though.

Girard comes out the pits and Brilley is all over him, Brilley down the inside... Oh! So so close! Can Brilley keep it on line? Yes it seems he can as he takes a wider line to save his car from the same fat as Kamikaze. That was a bit too close for both drivers though!

Now its the turn of both Aspenstrom and Janthser to pit on the same lap. Its a straight race for the pit crews...

And it seems Jantsher is the one to have lost out! The Austrian man has lost his place to Girard, and now finds himself right infront of Brilley, who sensibly holds back into Eau Rouge.

That of course does not stop the welsh man from having a look into Les Combes. Jantsher defends well though and he cant make anything happen this time around.

Meanwhile Tafuro is on the attack against Vilela, both of whom seem to have jumped Vukcevic in the pits, saving themselves a minor inconvenience! Tafuro has much more success this time and manages to slide his way neatly passed the argentine.

The leader is in! De Boer takes his stop, hopefully for him his pit crew can pull of a perfect stop... And it seems they have managed just that. He comes out the pits and he has retained a comfortable gap over the chasing Aspenstrom.

Vukcevic cannot seem to find any rest at all at the moment, as he already has the next car onto him. This time its Silvestre, as he tries to make his way through by bumped the back of the Montenegro car into turn 1. It doesnt work.

Edvardson comes out the pits and finds himself directly between the pair, Silvestre takes a look up the inside into Eau Rouge, surely not twice... Nope he seems more happy to let Edvardson go this time, no incidents.

Instead he simply lines the Finland car up on the final chicane of the lap. Even that doesnt help, as he still cant make his way passed the resilient fin.

Antunis however thinks he can manage to take Hunsley into Eau Rouge as the familiar group of 3 are on top of eachother now... Nope, and the Brazilian man has to take a much wider lane just to make sure the car makes the corner. Somehow he still keeps it infront of Kederer though...

Now as they head up the straight, they are 3 wide! Surely they can't all fit through there... They sweep through Les Combes... Except Kederer and Hunsley have dropped Antunis?

Antunis has spun! Turns out three cars genuinely couldnt fit through, and Antunis is the man thats had to suffer because of that. He corrects his car and carries on right at the back of the field.

And that halfway point in the coverage means... More commercials for you guys! Im afraid now we are obliged to show an unknown amount of adverts, but we should be back shortly to provide you with the second half of the coverage. And remember, there is still the premium channel (ie the video ;)), if you want to watch full coverage!
Be back soon!

Round 3 - Spa – Race Part 3!

Welcome back once again! We are back from flogging various products, and now its time for the drivers to once again show what they have out on track. De Boer leads the race after Kamikaze has a major incident into Eau Rouge, whilst several other drivers have found themselves exploring the track limits. Down to the track!

As we come back, Edvardson is trying desperately hard to get passed Vukcevic into the final chicane, it seems he has done it... Nope, infact Vukcevic forces his car into the corner ahead still.

Jantsher goes through Eau Rouge now... ooh he's gone wide! And he spins! Luckily for him, he manages to keep that car out of the barriers!

And with that he loses 2 places from 4th and Copeman has enough speed to carry himself passed the recovering Austrian car into 5th.

Byrne now having to just check the Hunsley can't make his way passed, those two fighing for 16th and 17th places.

Edvardson having another dig at Vukcevic as they head into Les Combes. Once again cant make it passed, as Vukcevic has been a very solid defender today...

McGregor is fed up of queueing behind Vukcevic, Edvardson and Silvestre as he dives up the inside and the San Marino driver into the final chicane. He takes the position too.

Oh thats just a little bit clumsy from Kederer! He simply runs into the back of Hunsley who in turn does the same to Byrne. Hunsley and Byrne run wide, whilst Kederer simply slides through to gain both places! A bit cheeky really... Hunsley rejoins down last in 19th place, whilst Byrne recovers just ahead of him into 18th.

Jantsher looks to gain places after his spin, he goes down the inside of Copeman into the final chicane... Still not ahead into the 2nd part... But he gets better drive and steals the place! Terrific battle between the two.

At the halfway point now, De Boer still leads the race, but it seems he is veeery slowly adding to his lead out front.

Oops a mistake from Edvardson leaves Vukcevic under a lot less pressure, as the Fin goes wide and Pouhon, and now he's the one of the defence, as Kederer finds himself right up behind.

Hunsley looks to final gain that place off of Byrne into that last chicane... He makes it! No spins or touches this time, just a good clean overtake.

And as we have hit the halfway mark, i guess that means we shall give you some more standings:

Vukcevic is having no peace at all today, now he has McGregor looking to take his position off him. Although this lap the Australian simply runs into the back of Vukcevic, not the way to get through...

Edvardson breaks a little under the pressure from Kederer and runs just fractionally wide out of Blanchimont. Its enough though and the german driver easily takes the place.

Girard now trying to make his way onto the 2nd step of the podium instead of the 3rd. Up the inside... Nope Aspenstrom holds firm to keep his position.

McGregor takes a break from attacking to go slightly defensive of Silvestre behind him. He keeps his slot despite taking a slightly strange line through that corner...

Which ends up leaving Silvestre slightly vulnerable to the attacks of the quick moving Kederer. Nothing doing this lap though.

Aspenstrom has locked up into Bruxelles, he keeps it on the track but runs slightly wide... Girard is through! Girard now has second place, and luckily for Aspenstrom he manages to keep it on track before Brilley can take 3rd!

Kederer once again takes a snap look at Silvestre, but once again he decides against it and holds his position.

Now a lap later, Kederer is going quite slow! Edvardson just cruises back passed him! Yup we can confirm it now, Kederer has an electrical problem, luckily he's not that far from the pitlane.

Girard for France kicks off the actual chosen pit stops, and now is the window for everyone to come in for their final pitstop of the day!

He makes it out back ahead of Jantsher, who sandwich Silva between them. Those two look like holding positions.

Vukcevic finds himself once again having to defend very heavily from McGregor. But this time he simply gets punted off track! He's pushed wide, and that makes it easy for McGregor, Silvestre and Edvardson to all make their way through.

The leader is in for his pitstop... it looks good very swift... and he's out again. Yup he's easily back ahead of Girard and no dangers like Kamikaze had, this race is now his to lose!

Antunis is the next driver to go on the attack against Vukcevic into Pouhon. He can't make it through, but at the rate Vukcevic is going backwards, its only a matter of time...

And that is all for part 3 of the race! Im afraid we are going to have to put some more adverts on while we organise the final part of the race for all you viewers. It shouldn't be that long so please bear with us, and as previously stated a few times, there is always that excellent video feed we have provided in part 1!
Be back soon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2011 11:25AM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Round 3 - Spa – Race Part 4!

Welcome back for the final time, this is final part of the race as we can finally see who will come out with the victory. De Boer has pitted and it looks like its his race to lose, but with all the challenges of this Spa track, theres plenty of chance for mistakes to happen. Anyway for the final time, back to the track!

On the track now and Johnson is having to put up a defence into the final chicane to keep Marinescu behind him. He succeeds to hold his position.

He very quickly swaps roles though and is now all over the back of Silva who has just left the pits, he dives up the inside into Eau Rouge... and rather sensibly backs out of it.

And Girard has gone wide into Stavelot! That will surely cost him his 2nd place as he chucks it away! Yup he now rejoins down in 7th place, behind Copeman of USA

Johnson can now let Marinescu passed as he takes his scheduled stop. That makes life easier for both of them really.

Marinescu now has to deal with Tafuro instead... and his defence gets a bit heavy into La Source, as Tafuro has to go on the grass to avoid him!

Vukcevic meanwhile is back into another fight, and its Edvardson on his tail as they had into Eau Rouge, Edvardson ducks out... and ducks back in to make the corner.

McGregor is now behind Johnson, the last man infront of him before he's back in the points. They come up to the final chicane... and McGregor punts Johnson wide! Thats one way for the Australian to get passed...

Edvardson back on the attack against Vukcevic, and this time it seems that Pouhon is the spot of choice, and a very good choice that is, as the Fin makes it up the inside superbly into 16th.

Johnson however seems to have lost plenty of spaces as both Silvestre and Hunsley cruise past him, as well as little bit later Kederer and Antunis. Yup infact it seems Johnson has a problem...

Yup a check with Johnson's onboard telemetry shows that he is suffering with an electrical problem. Luckily for him his car hold out to get back to the pits. He's now well in last though.

Tafuro now right up behind Marinescu, but that smoke looks a little bit ominous... Yup thats Marinescu's engine gone, another retirement for today, and he's lost a wheel whilst parking for good measure. So unlucky as he looked set for some points today.

Now with 4 laps left, we have some standings that we can show you, as we come into the final stages of the race:

Jantsher now dives up the inside of Aspenstrom in a desperate attempt to get the 2nd place off of him. But the swede defends solidly enough and for now retains 2nd.

This puts Jantsher on the back foot, and he has to be careful that he doesn't end up losing his podium slot, as Brilley has closed right up to him.

Whilst Hunsley is having to defend from Kederer. These positions may not count for points, but pride is at stake here.

We now enter the final lap, De Boer has 2.5 seconds over 2nd place. With just 20 corners to go he must be able to hold it.

Behind them it is going to be very close for 2nd 3rd and 4th position. Aspenstrom, Jantsher and Brilley all in contention for podium positions.

Another fight going on for 5th and 6th place, as Copeman is only marginally ahead of Girard, can he hold it?

In 9th and 10th place, McGregor and Vilela are fighting for the minor points, but these could make all the difference.

And the final battle down the standings is between Kederer and Hunsley. Much less at stake between these two than all the others however.

That won't help Copeman at all! He locks up going into Bruxelles, managing to keep the car online though. Girard sits behind ever watchful.

Girard down the inside of Copeman into Pouhon, can he take the 5th place? No he cant, Copeman squeezes him out and keeps the position! Last chance gone?

De Boer now comes into the final chicane for the final time, he comes across the finish line, and Maikel De Boer wins the Belgian Grand Prix!

And Aspenstrom takes 2nd place! Jantsher 3rd, Brilley 4th! None of them could overtake eachother in these final laps.

Copeman has fought off Girard to all degree's and manages to keep his 5th place! Girard will rue what could have been before his spin...

In a fight that didnt seem close only moments ago, Silva only just manages to keep Tafuro away as they grab 7th and 8th respectively.

Vilela manages to do the same for McGregor as they finish in 9th and 10th place for the final points. Behind its 11th Silvestre, 12th Hunsley, 13th Kederer, 14th Antunis.

Edvardson crosses the line in a pretty lonely 15th place, noone around for him to be fighting with.

Whilst Vukcevic crosses the line in a way the sums up his whole day, as he defends to keep Byrne behind him, them two in 16th and 17th.

Whilst Johnson finishes in last place due to his electrical problem to complete the set.

So congratulations to Maikel de Boer of Team Netherlands! He pretty much drove consistently all race, and granted he may not have won if Kamikaze hadn't of crashed out, but he took advantage of this and managed to pull out a fantastic win. Also congratulations to pretty much every driver for putting up a great race, with overtakes and fights all over the place.

Official results, tables of points and annoucements of fastest lap will follow in a seperate post! We are just waiting for the results to be confirmed (good excuse for a break?)

We hope you enjoyed the coverage, both picture and video (even the commentry ;-)) although I would like to apologise for the quality of the coverage, both in video and picture form, as well as once again the time taken again. Personally, i don't think either the video or the pictures are particularly my finest hour, and of course you are definately welcome to disagree ;-). But just incase you do agree i would like to apologise, as well as the fact that its taken so long for me to post this. I majorly underestimated how long the video would take to make, guess in future i know! ;)

Anyway that will be all from Montenegro TV, so thank you and goodbye! :)

Footnote: If you did enjoy the video and/or the commentary, then i would quite happily accept the full youtube routine for it (comment/like/sub), but to be fair im not going to push that majorly on you guys. All i can say is that if you did enjoy the commentary, there are and will be other videos on my channel that you can watch so by all means take a look :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2011 03:33PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Absolute nightmare!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Great job from Brilley for us at Team Wales. Just needs to find a way past the Frenchies

Official Results - Round 3 - Spa

Fastest Laps - Round 3 - Spa

Total Standings - Round 3 - Spa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2011 12:52AM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy