GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
TNR pit radio intercepted a message from a semi-frustrated Sheppard, "wondering why he didn't remember to add the boost to the car for this race??!!" Just got to hold on in the top half of the field though....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Well, with that mistake anything else than p7 seems to be far away. Hopefully I can keep that at least. At least this should keep me in the fight for p3 in the championship.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Òhhhh man! This is exiting! I'm in front of my direct opponents Aleksander and Maverick.. But Greengalgh is leading the race.. Im now in 5th so lets push for a podium till the end!! :P

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Finished for me... :(

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
GPGSL Round 12 Austrian GP - Race Part 4

And we are back! We have just heard, minutes before we are going to air the last part of this race, that absolutely no-one submitted any payment to watch, so instead we have decided to let the whole world see for free. Commercials are over, the commentry team are ready, so i guess that means we are ready to go back down to the track, with the second round of pitstops now underway, To the track!

We arrive on track to see Maverick on the back of Aleksander due to pitstops, and he's not looking to wait. So instead he just drives his car straight passed.

Temporary leader Horvath is now in for his stop, can he get something out of it this time, or will he stay with 2nd?

Well he definately won't have 1st, as Greenhalgh has already gone way passed and its looks like he will have a decent gap at the front.

Further back, its now the turn of the two MAC drivers to have a fight with eachother... But it still seems that overall today, Hunsley has the better moving car than Hinz.

Whats this, we are hearing, as you can see on the bottom of your screen, that Charrel Jalving is out! He's had an engine problem off screen and has had to retire! He will be so so disappointed!

And the day is going particularly great for his team-mate either! Houston once again finds himself swimming in the gravel and grass that is the outside of turn 9...

Pits stops have caused a bit of a shake-up at the back, as both Steer and Karjalainen seem to be clear of both MAC drivers. Slow pit crew in orange? or the other two with great laps and pit stops?

We go back to Houston and can now see he sits down in 20th, although some cars are yet to pit. Still points are looking rather unlikely for MPR.

We have the confirmed order of 2nd/3rd/4th after the pit stops. And its still Horvath/Cartwright/Warrington, although the Aston driver is looking rather menacing...

Very much so infact as he attacks up the inside of Cartwright for 3rd place! But no, he's had to lift off to make the corner and the SCR still has a podium slot!

Or does he? Warrington doesnt wait much longer before putting his car up the inside again and... He's through! Warrington in 3rd, Cartwright 4th, but still 9 laps to go...

Now with the pit stops finished, we can give you the full standings:

Ohh dear Hinz is facing the wrong way! He's now having to wait for all the cars to pass before he can rejoin, and unfortunately, with the lead group so close to the back, that means he will be lapped too...

Both Christels stand in the points, and Steer looks set for his first, but Karjalainen looks more than happy to take it off him, and does so, forcing Steer rather wide. Hard but fair really.

Kittleson is looking to get passed what seems to be a much slower Hunsley than earlier in the race. That lack of speed is so evident as the VSM doesn't even break sweat for his place.

The MAC driver now finds himself swamped, Vilela one side, Aleksander the other both look like getting passed, but Aleksander goes up the inside of Vilela too! That move was very reminiscent of Hakkinen and Schumacher with a back marker, and was a terrific move!

The shadow man is not looking to stop there and puts his car up the inside of Kittleson in turn 6 of all places! His skill is really evident at the moment, as that move too sticks.

But that has left Kittleson prey to both the men behind him, as Vilela and Hunsley both look to profit from it.

Hunsley gets through... but Vilela runs wide into the gravel! He has to put his car back on track after both the VSM's now, that move will anger him.

Kittleson now looks to gain the other place back he lost in the form of Hunsley, but he obvious isnt that slow as he manages to fend the VSM of before the corner even arrives.

Well Steer must be feeling the pressure, as the gap to Aleksander is closing at an alarming rate! Thats not even with the car going off anywhere.

And he's snapped! His car runs straight into that gravel trap at turn 9, and rather dangerously the car spins and now sits in the middle of the track!

That was close, that was very very close! Steer spins his car round in the track, and as he finds himself facing the right way, he has very nearly wiped of Horvath who is speeding passed in 2nd! Bit of a silly place to spin for the Christel man...

Horvath had to take slight avoiding action so Steer now sits right behind him. The speed difference means i dont think that will be a problem for Horvath...

In what seems to be a flashback to earlier events, Johnson now has the car up the inside of team-mate Kittleson! He really shows him how an overtake is done as he gets his car easily through.

Leaving Kittleson with a different issue to deal with, and this one is the ART of Vilela, trying to make up for earlier moves. And make up he does! He's through, leaving an awefully slow Kittleson to deal with Houston instead!

The VSM man is really tumbling down the order at the moment, as Houston finally gets round to having a look up the inside of him. Well more than a look really, as he gets passed, leaving Kittleson to be the first man Greenhalgh will look to lap after Hinz and Steer.

Thomas in his SCR has closed right up on Silvestre and now has only 1 lap in which he can overtake him...

But back out front, Greenhalgh is making his way round the corner 9 for the last time, no mistake from him of course.

And Ed Greenhalgh wins the Austrian Grand Prix! Formidable driver, absolutely unbeatable, i bet that team radio message is a very happy one!

Behind him and filling the next three slots comes Norbert Horvath in 2nd, John Warrington in 3rd, and Ross Cartwright in 4th. Aston will be very pleased to have got themselves a double podium today.

Whilst in 5th and 6th place, its been pretty quiet for Glen Sheppard, but he takes 5th, whilst John Maverick keeps 6th despite his mistake.

And thats it! Congratulations to Ed Greenhalgh of Aston Martin Racing! That drive was absolutely invincible and what makes it sweeter is that rival Aleksander got no points here today because of his mistake.
Horvath too had a great mistake free drive, whilst Warrington did a great job with the overtakes he had to do to get himself a podium.

Full results of this race will follow in the next post (yes the next post this time)

We hope you enjoyed the race, enjoyed the coverage, and that not too many turned off because of commercials ;-).
But anyways, thats it from RD Connor Steer this weekend.
Thank you and Goodbye!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2011 11:10AM by GPGTV.org/farked.
GPGSL Round 12 Austrian GP - Race Results

GPGSL Round 12 Austrian GP - Race Fastest laps

So once again congratulations to Ed Greenhalgh for the win. Also mention can go to Silvestre of Tafuro and Elleker of Christel who both managed to gain 11 places to get themselves from the bottom of the grid to points. Silvestre wins the most places gained point i believe as he finished higher.

Anyway so once again thats it from me, hope you thought the coverage was decent, if not, sorry but im not changing it ;)
Onwards to Round 13 and Monaco
Thank you!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Stoopid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Drums his fingers.

There you go stu does that solve your boredom ;-).

Anyway i guess my drive was alright until i made the silly mistake in turn 9 and lost it, i think i could have held Aleksander off for a respectable 13th position... ah well.

Jack's drive? Well all i can say is that its going to be very hard to outrun my team-mate in races this season! Cracking drive from 22nd to 11st, and he fully deserve those points, fancy sharing any tips with your less experienced team-mate? ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
(Y)

2nd is very good, our strategy paid off very well. Only 13th fastest regarding the best times, but with good teamwork we've made it!!!!

Thanx TNR boys, you did a great job!!!!

(D)
Great, I really didn't expect to finish so higher (and most place gained point would be really nice :-)), especially when me and Philip started to battle (but we are TGP, not RBR or McLaren ;))

The only way that race could have been better is if I'd have finished second. Great race for AMR. Well done Ed

Horrible weekend.
After a fantastic start to the race it all started going wrong. I had an intermittent power steering problem which made it very hard to drive the car.
I'm just glad we got the car to the end, so now we just have to see what went wrong and how we can improve from here.

GPGSL WDC Season 4
truecrysis Wrote:
> Jack's drive? Well all i can say is that its going
> to be very hard to outrun my team-mate in races
> this season! Cracking drive from 22nd to 11st, and
> he fully deserve those points, fancy sharing any
> tips with your less experienced team-mate? ;)

Floor it and don't spin! ;)
Very pleased with my points

JackHammer Wrote:
> truecrysis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Jack's drive? Well all i can say is that its
> going
> > to be very hard to outrun my team-mate in races
> > this season! Cracking drive from 22nd to 11st,
> and
> > he fully deserve those points, fancy sharing
> any
> > tips with your less experienced team-mate? ;)
>
> Floor it and don't spin! ;)
> Very pleased with my points

Ah thats where i have been going wrong, thanks for the help! ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Well that was one long race for us.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Wow, that's fantastic! Well done to John as well for a good podium, just a pity he didn't get 2nd and the most places gained award so AMR could've had a perfect weekend ;)

I'm relieved this track is back on the calendar now, as I won the last race here in Season 2 as well! ;)

Bad luck to Marko, but I'm sure, as he showed with some great overtaking moves, that he's not done yet...

X (@ed24f1)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Really happy to bring home the TNR machine in 5th place. Some much needed points, both for myself and the team. Combined with my team mates 2nd place, a great weekend for TNR!!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
disappointing...hopefully we'll make up for the loss of valuable points in the next races(s)

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Good too see John still got 6th, despite that mistake..

Awful awful race

We are going to end up 5th at this rate

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy