Posted by GPGSL 
Diax F1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Daniel: your team-mate is Ross Cartwright. He's
> 5th. You're the midtable pack (in 12th, if I
> recall).

Remember Eddie Jordan said it ;-).

Anyway fixed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2011 03:28PM by mclarenaustralia.
Hmm well the race has been run and won, we have two retirements, and enough spins to hopefully keep you guys happy ;)
Coverage? You will have to wait a little bit for that im afraid... probably tonight/tomorrow.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Good starting position, I will do my best to stay on the podium...

@Stoopid: no ignorance, just bitterness...
I really feel that this track is not good for our car, but anyway the best of luck for Rodrigo and my "race-engineer-for-a-day" John ;);)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Well Carlos, if Stefan is not in the pits the guys don't seem to be very competent. I couldn't watch them anymore giving you stupid commands :-)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Not a bad testers race for me, finished 13th after falling to the back. Good recovery so reasonably happy. Can i just ask though why i'm getting warned when i'm pretty sure i'm posting after every race. I don't always have internet access so i can't check straight after a practice session. But i've still posted after, just not immediatly
MAC Racing Announcment

We are delighted yo be able to announce aq new commer to the team for next season.

Racing alongside myself in the testers seat is will be Chris Stokel, a young performer who has alot of potention.

We welcome him to the team , to what will hopfuly be a more racer car.

With this signing, it now completes or driver line up for next season.

Race Driver 1: Chris Hinz
Race Driver 2: Jack Hunsley
Test Driver 1: Chris Stokel
Test Driver 2: Nathan McGregor

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Great job by Marko in qualifying! Well done matey, no pressure for the race just keep your nose clean and make sure you get some solid points as you have with the rest of the season so far.

Unlucky Ruben, if anyoine can make it through the field though I'm sure it's you.

Frustrating test race.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 08:24PM by brunoboi.
Chris2k6 Wrote:
> Not a bad testers race for me, finished 13th after
> falling to the back. Good recovery so reasonably
> happy. Can i just ask though why i'm getting
> warned when i'm pretty sure i'm posting after
> every race. I don't always have internet access so
> i can't check straight after a practice session.
> But i've still posted after, just not immediatly

Read the rules, please Chris:

GPGSL Rules
14) Activity
The spirit of the GPGSL is, that this series and thread is active and fun. Ideally not made out of "ghost" drivers or team owners. Therefore the following rules regarding activity were made. In the following rules, 'activity' is regarded as making a post. This can be done with a PR release, press conference, giving an interview or a simple comment. The sky is the limit, be creative.

a) General
Every ten days, the whole members list will be checked for activity. If a member of GPGSL has not been active for a significant time (ten days or more), a warning will be issued. Both team bosses and drivers will be checked for inactivity. All warnings will be erased after the season ends.

Activity is checked every ten days, not after every race. Sure, it makes things awkward if a race weekend is incomplete or a race weekend hasn't taken place during a an activity period, but that was what was decided.

That's a bit of a bummer but cheers for clearing it up
Drums his fingers.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Macca25 Wrote:
> MAC Racing Announcment
>
> We are delighted yo be able to announce aq new
> commer to the team for next season.
>
> Racing alongside myself in the testers seat is
> will be Chris Stokel, a young performer who has
> alot of potention.
>
> We welcome him to the team , to what will hopfuly
> be a more racer car.
>
> With this signing, it now completes or driver line
> up for next season.
>
> Race Driver 1: Chris Hinz
> Race Driver 2: Jack Hunsley
> Test Driver 1: Chris Stokel
> Test Driver 2: Nathan McGregor

Welcome to the team Chris :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Now that poor girl Keeley will be homeless next season. :(

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Twigster151 schrieb:
> Macca25 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > MAC Racing Announcment
> >
> > We are delighted yo be able to announce aq new
> > commer to the team for next season.
> >
> > Racing alongside myself in the testers seat is
> > will be Chris Stokel, a young performer who has
> > alot of potention.
> >
> > We welcome him to the team , to what will
> hopfuly
> > be a more racer car.
> >
> > With this signing, it now completes or driver
> line
> > up for next season.
> >
> > Race Driver 1: Chris Hinz
> > Race Driver 2: Jack Hunsley
> > Test Driver 1: Chris Stokel
> > Test Driver 2: Nathan McGregor
>
> Welcome to the team Chris :)

+1

on a related note i want to thank nathan for extending my contract for next season, most of the time it was a real pleasure to pilot one of his cars :-) i expected this season to be tough but i think things should be better next season.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
GPGSL Round 12 Austrian GP - Race Part 1

We are finally here, it is finally race day! We saw yesterday a great qualifying with Ed Greenhalgh taking pole position ahead of Marko Aleksander, two big competitors on the front row, whilst Elleker found himself right at the back of the grid in an obviously much slower Christel car. But now the sun is out, and that means we are looking at a nice dry race ahead of us, as we can now head down to the track in order to watch the action unfold, over to the commentry team!

We can see all the cars lined up, ready to set off on the chase, Greenhalgh and Aleksander front row, Horvath and Sheppard behind. We have 1 light on... 2 lights... 3 lights... 4... 5... Go! Go! Go!

Greenhalgh gets the perfect start! He still leads going up to turn 1, but Aleksander is facing the fight of Horvath for 2nd place, whilst Cartwright seems to have lost out to Houston and possibly Jalving soon...

Now heading round the first bend, Greenhalgh leads, Aleksander has managed to hold his 2nd place over Horvath. Sheppard seems to hold 4th over Houston, whilst Cartwright seems absolutely swamped...

But the cars going down the inside lane have to slow down significantly and Cartwright has got his 5th place back! He just snuck back through!

Warrington also got the jump of a slow Jalving to go round to outside for a net 7th place behind Houston.

Both the ART men have dropped down one place... and its Karjalainen who has put them down that place, Vilela 10th and Maverick 11th, so it seems they have even swapped places.

Hunsley has made an absolutely terrific start and finds himself +4 into 13th place, and still not stopping, as he attacks Thomas down the straight...

But Christel seem to have the reverse fortune as they now sit in 21st and 22nd, Steer and Elleker in that order.

Hunsley's starting charge doesnt continue with Thomas though, as the SCR driver manages to keep his 12th place with some nice defensive driving.

The two VSM drivers are all over eachother at the moment, Johnson 18th, and Kittleson has lost a lot to find himself in 19th.

Cartwright is sure looking to make up for the bogged down start, as he chucks his car up the inside of Sheppard...But that hasnt worked this time as he still has 5th.

Worseling tries to pull exactly the same move on the orange Hunsley car sitting infront of him... And the Snake man makes it! he sits in 13th with that.

Yet another move in yet the same place as Kittleson tries it to get passed his team-mate... But he makes it 1 more to the failed over-takes as Johnson stays infront. Greenhalgh grabs himself a fastest lap meanwhile.

The two Tafuro's are also fighting with eachother with Oakley looking to get passed Silvestre, its 15th and 16th for them.

Cartwrights failed manoeuvre on Sheppard means that he has fallen prey to Houston into turn 1. Cartwright cuts him off and things stay as they are this time though.

Karjalainen faces a problem in the form of Vilela who is well up the inside of him...

Oakley finally seems ready to give Silvestre a good attack and goes for the inside turn 1...Not made it! At times the outside line seems faster here, as Silvestre proves this time. Behind them, Hinz is having a go at Kittleson...

He too does not make it as the VSM car still sits ahead of the MAC car, well for now at least.

Vilela attacking Karjalainen has caused a bunch up of 4 cars as Maverick, Vilela and Thomas all now chase the snake car down...

Whilst if we rewind a little we can see that theres another trio of cars, in the form of Jalving, Houston and Warrington, who can come out on top...

From that Houston still sits infront of Warrington, but Jalving is looking to go on the attack now...Annnd through! Warrington now finds himself behind both of the MPR cars...

From all of that, Maverick has now jumped Vilela! Maverick stits behind Karjalainen, but this now goes from bad to worse for Vilela as Thomas too slips up the inside...ouch!

Oops thats not the way to get passed. Greidanus locks it up and is lucky to only tap the back of the Oakley car infront of him, so everyone remains as so.

Annnnd Elleker is looking to get himself off of last place down the inside of Steer, yup thats neat and tidy, the Christels swap place and Steer now sits in last.

Mistake from Hinz! He slips slightly too far on the kerb and that means that both the christels whip passed and dump him into last place.

Warrington is now back at the normal overtaking spot and he looks to slip it up the inside of Jalving...And yes Warrington now sits back in 7th again.

We are having yet another wave of overtakes as Maverick too is looking to get passed someone, in the form of the yellow snake Karjalainen. But this time it is a no, Maverick stays put.

But his team-mate Vilela shows him how its done, as he claims one place back that he had lost, in the form of the SCR Thomas.

Number 4 overtaking move attempt, these two are Hinz in last on Steer, but just to make it equal, Hinz sticks behind the Christel for now.

Jalving doesnt look satisfied to just sit behind the car of Warrington and he immediately looks to break back passed. Nope he will have to be satisfied with what he has.

Image above shows Thomas to looking to make his way back passed Vilela, but the ART man nicely shuts the door on him to keep the place.

Thats very clumsy from Oakley! He is trying desperately to get passed Silvestre, but all hes succeeding in doing is running into the back of his team-mate. no damage or places lost though, but Greidanus is all over them now.

Not for long they don't! Greidanus locks tyres himself on the next bend massively, and now has to contend with two VSM's on his back...

Ooh ouch there really is a lot of locking up at the moment, which can only lead to major flat spots... This time Steer has a go, and from the Hinz can easily get passed to put him back in last place.

That is part 1 over im afraid! That doesn't mean that you shall receive no more race coverage, it simply means that you shall have to wait a little bit first ;-). Anyway enjoy our wide selection of commercials whilst you wait for the rest of the race to be formulated into coverage ;-)
Be back soon!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
I hope this race finish so fast... hehehehehe

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
wow this race sucks, overtaking is very difficult here... Not happy with the the start of VSM, too bad we cant gain ground as we are being held up by Ruben this time.

Step on it Ruben youre @#$%& our race up :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
doesnt look too bad so far
GPGSL Round 12 Austrian GP - Race Part 2

And now we are back! We are ready to give you part 2 of the Austrian Grand Prix. Commercials over, commentators ready, i guess i should stop the distractions and instead send you straight back down to trackside!

We go back towards the front of the group as Sheppard faces to problem of the SCR of Cartwright closing right in on the back of his car.

Karjalainen faces more of a problem though as Maverick is right up alongside him... Yup he's clinched the place, which leaves Jalving next up for the ART.

Kittleson is once again having a go at his team-mate! Can he make it through this time? Nope, he still cannot make it through, i assure you that car ahead of Elleker is Kittleson.

Vilela is well on the attack of Karjalainen, Thomas and Worseling are very close by... Thats gone badly wrong for Vilela! Somehow he sits behind all three of the guys attacking, as Karjalainen still tries to fend off Thomas from behind.

And as they all straighten out, the order of the 4 looks like this: Karjalainen, Thomas, Worseling, Vilela. The ART man somehow managed to lose 2 places in one go!

Cartright seems ready to have an attack on Sheppard in 4th place. But it is really not to be this time, as he just cannot get his car passed the obstacle infront.

Karjalainen is off! He has run wide in the famous problem corner of turn 9 and finds himself in some gravel!

And that has caused problems for Hunsley who seems to slow down with confusion. Oakley, having got himself passed Silvestre can seem to do nothing but tap the back of the slower car...All is well for both drivers though.

Because of this Oakley cruises easily passed the slower MAC, and that now leaves Silvestre to try and repeat the act of his team-mate. Which he does with aplomb

That off from before means that the Snake car of Karjalainen now sits in 22nd and way off of most other cars.

Hunsley is simply falling backwards after that pause earlier and now Greidanus has an attempt up the inside of turn 9. Which because of his much faster Shadow car he easily makes.

The VSM guys really cannot leave eachother alone! Kittleson has another attempt of getting passed Johnson up the inside. But Johnson is too smart to let that passed.

But he won't give up and has another go into turn 3... We have contact! Kittleson clips the wheel of Johnson, and both go straight on, running majorly wide!

That leaves both VSM drivers to come back on behind Elleker, Hinz and Steer. Kittleson still cannot get passed Johnson, even with pushing him out the way!

Warrington has got himself onto the back of the other of the MPR cars, and now is having a dig at Houston... And he is through, so thats 6th! Houston now has to be careful of Jalving...

Whereas just infront Cartwright seems ready to give Sheppard another attack... And he too can make that move stick! He now has 4th place in the bag!

Jalving is now side by side with fellow MPR man Houston, i did say he had to be careful. He is not careful enough though and the the MPR's swap places.

Greenhalgh has worked himself up a decent gap out front to Aleksander, a gap that doesnt seem to be getting any smaller...

Houston isnt having a great lap right now... He gets his car slightly too far on the kerb, well infact, he is completely on the kerb out of turn 9.

Warrington really isnt happy to stay in 6th place though, and he is going up the inside of Sheppard. That isnt a problem, as he has taken 5th place up from Sheppard!

That mistake has cost Houston badly and he now has suffer the problem of losing a place, that being to Maverick who makes it through very easily.

No wait whats this... Johnson is off! Its turn 9 who has another victim in the form of Johnson, guess that means Kittleson wont have to fight him anymore then, as Johnson now is in 22nd...

We have two people that will be able to fight though, and they are Worseling and Thomas, in 11th and 10th respectively. Vilela still has a yellow car infront though, so he cant have got passed Thomas.

But that doesnt stop Thomas and Vilela from both launching attacks on the men that sit infront of them...

Down the next straight and we can see that Houston has gone further backwards as Thomas got passed in that previous attack, but Vilela still cant get passed... We have constant battles going on as Oakley is now under pressure from his own team-mate. Silvestre follows suit of Thomas and gets passed Oakley nicely.

Greenhalgh is in to start the pit runs! Before they start we have just a few seconds to give you some before standings though:

His 2nd place competitor who sits about 3.7 seconds behind pits in at the same time, leaving Horvath to become temporary leader of the race.

Sheppard isnt really going in the direction he would have wanted today, unlike his team-mate, as Jalving is the next man to attempt to make it passed. Nope, it now becomes more than an attempt, its a full pass.

Greenhalgh makes his way out the pits. He's still ahead of Aleksander, but now faces the traffic of two MAC's and Elleker.

Greidanus is looking to make his way up towards where his team-mate effectively sits as he charges up the inside of Oakley. Apparently he does not charge hard enough as Oakley shuts the door.

Greenhalgh might have to start being defensive for the first time this race, as Elleker is looking very very close to the back of that Aston...

We are halfway through the coverage now, but unfortunately that means that its time to have more commercials for you guys to enjoy, so please i really do hope you will enjoy them, and with that, we will back soon ;-)

GPGTV Youtube Channel
GPGSL Round 12 Austrian GP - Race Part 3

We are back once again to the A1 Ring in Austria and we are back to see part 3 of this race! Commercials werent that long so we hope we havent lost too many viewers ;), but those of you who stayed, thank you, and here is more coverage from the track as we sit in the middle of pit stop window number 1!

Thanks, but its not pits we come back and see, its a 4 man ruck with leader Greenhalgh sitting right in the middle of it! He still sits behind Hunsley, but behind him Elleker has lost out to Hinz.

Houston we have a problem! (sorry couldnt resist ;)). Houston has let his car run onto the gravel at turn 9, and that could be disasterous. Because of that he has lost a few places and sits a net behind Greidanus. The total number of places lost cannot be revealed yet...

Oooh close! Aleksander has to be very careful to avoid running into the back of Elleker entering the pits, and ends up breaking to keep his car intact. That allows Steer to close up right onto the back, and even have a mild check up the inside, nothing more though.

Greenhalgh finally gets himself enough speed up to get himself calmly passed Hunsley, but he must be very worried as Hunsley locks up and gets a bit too close to that green car...

The net leader then does the exact same to get himself passed Houston, as he doesnt seem that interested in waiting til the MPR pits.

Cartwright too finds himself in a difficult position coming out of the pits, as he has to go defensive to keep Karjalainen behind him.

Horvath is in! Has he done enough to gain him any places or possibly even the lead?

Hang on... We have a Shadow of the track! Its Aleksander! He has gone off the track in turn 9, and potentially thrown away a 2nd place! With that error he sits currently in 20th place.

Steer is now on the attack, as he tries to get his car up the inside of the orange MAC sitting infront, Hinz i believe. He's made it, good solid move!

Worseling is taking a very strange line, wait that car looks very slow... Yup its been confirmed, Worseling has an electrical problem and can't make it back to the pits. Retirement number 1 today.

With Johnson not around to fight with anymore, Kittleson has now turned his attentions to Karjalainen by trying to slot his car up the inside... and possibly for the first time today, he's made it stick!

And with the pits stops finished, i guess that gives us good cause to provide you with some proper standings:

Wait we have a replay showing Kittleson and Karjalainen again, this time is the Snake man on the attack... Yup and he too makes his move stick to get back the place.

The VSM man isnt just going to let Karjalainen just drive away with the position though and is looking down the inside into turn 9. He has the door firmly slammed on him. Oh wait a car is off?...

Vilela has chucked his car into the gravel too! He was well on for some solid points up until this points, he will be disappointed!

Elleker was lucky not to join him really as he gets a little wide, but keeps his car with wheels on the tarmac. Only 2 though, the other 2 are on grass.

And that means the Houston is now right alongside him, looking to gain some positions up the charts back... Which with that much speed differential isnt too difficult, giving him 11th place.

Vilela gets himself back onto the circuit behind Aleksander and in 20th place. Only Johnson is behind him.

Elleker now is looking like he is at risk of losing his points that he holds as Oakley goes up the inside of him. Going, going, gone, down in 13th, out the points for Christel.

Whilst Greidanus instead looks to get himself more points than the 3 he is looking at, as he eyes up Thomas' place. The SCR man clearly saying no.

Maverick has gone straight on at turn 7! He spins, clips the barrier, and is able to rejoin the track without any damage or positions lost! Lucky lucky man! Silvestre is now a lot closer however.

Hinz is looking to take revenge on the earlier move by Steer on him, and see's turn 9 as the place to do it. He turns out to be correct as he sides he way through. Steer has Karjalainen for company now.

Nope i make that more than company! Infact Steer finds himself at a strange angle for the second time this weekend because of a Snake car, but this time he is losing a place to it.

Cartwright is really beginning to turn to screw on Horvath, and the TNR will need a quicker last stint to keep 2nd... although Warrington isnt that far off now...

And with some teams calling for there drivers to box, we have some quick standings for you to look at:

The first of those men seems to be Cartwright, although with my eyesight and that distance i could be mistaken...

Greenhalgh comes into the pits, quick stop, leaves, and as he does so, Sheppard joins him on pit row.

Cartwright is now looking to get passed yet to pit cars, and he starts with Houston into turn 1. As with his whole day, Houston loses out and the SCR car drives straight through.

And that leaves us with 15 laps to show you in the very final part! Im just getting a message from my boss... oh it seems we have finally converted to PPV, so any of you who want to see the conclusion of this race im afraid will have to pay for the wonderful priviledge ;)
Hope you will join us!

(Im afraid not, i just need to sleep before i upload the final part ;-))

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2011 02:01AM by GPGTV.org/farked.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy