GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
Re: GPGSL Season 6- R12 Austrian GP - A1 Ring
Date: August 02, 2011 11:35PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
ART team radio, JM goes to the pit wall station and grabs the radio

JM to Carlos Rodriguez: Hey Carlos, John speaking here. Listen, turn the yellow button to 3 and we'll decrease the front wing a bit when you come in for the pit stop. That should give you the speed to close the gap to the cars in front. Don't worry, you're doing good.

JM then to Stefan van Renselaar: Boss, I'll tell the guys to also decrease your front wing. And if I might give my little opinion, try a wider line in the last corner to get some more speed on the straight.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: August 03, 2011 12:05AM
Posted by: GPGTV.org/farked
GPGSL Round 12 Austrian GP - Testers Feature Race Part 3

Sorry about that, but once again we are back to give you some more action back on track. This section too will be free to view, the last part? The may require payment of some sort ;). But anyway enough of viscous rumors, lets get back to important stuff of the racing action on the track. Down we go!

Steer down in 21st is the 2nd Christel to be in a fight now and he is fighting off Thomas, who is trying to recover himself from last place. However he manages to same as his team-mate and keeps the attacker behind.

Pit stops are upon us! Ingers comes in from the lead to take his only stop of the race. With that his team-mate Davies is left to take over the lead of the race.

McGregor and Stokel still squabbling as the MAC driver puts it up the inside into turn 1 to try and get passed. The view from Grant's car though shows that he is still behind the Snake.

McGregor tries yet again up the inside, but he still cannot get passed, and now the other MAC car is all over the back of him. Ingers has come out the pits behind this group, and will hope not to lose too much time from them.

Davies comes into the pits now, and there is a man behind him, Edwards, the second TNR man. Its a race in the pits. That leaves Mills to take the lead of the race, with Tafuro now behind him.

Davies and Edwards are ahead of Ingers out the pits! Maybe Ingers was held up too much by the guys infront of him, but he does not have the lead anymore!

In the middle of the points it still sits the same, with Paddock ahead of Rodriguez, ahead of Legge, ahead of Worseling. As you were.

Out front, Tafuro is still trailing Mills in the lead as it stands. Both are still to pit though, so it remains to be seen where they will end up...

Davies finds himself right up behind Copeman, he must be hoping that doesnt cost him too much in the grand scheme of things.

De Boer finds himself right up there now, he has come out the pits close behind Ingers, so he's on for some strong points.

Thomas is looking to progress his way up the field now, as he looks to take on MAC driver Grant. He's through and the superior pace is evident with that move.

Both Tafuro and Mills are out ahead of Ingers, so thats down to net 5th for him. But also, Mills and Tafuro have swapped places, Tafuro now sits in 2nd, Mills 4th!

Whereas previous leader Ingers is now having to put up with the increasing pressure of Maikel De Boer behind him in the SCR, could he lose more?

Oh something has gone majorly off course for Worseling, and he has ended up down in 20th place after his pitstop way way off...

So, that standings after those pitstops and with just 10 laps to go look like this:

Nope, thats not where your car should be at all. Gilson has found himself some gravel and he risks losing places from 11th place with that... Yup, he is now down in 13th place and out the points as Van Smirren speeds passed his slower car.

Another error, another gravel trip, except this time McGregor makes his first excursion into the out of bounds in his MAC car again. He goes from no points too... no points even further. He sits way down in 20th place.

Edwards is under increasing pressure in 3rd from his fellow TNR driver Mills of all people, both seem to want 3rd. Any team orders today?

Worseling has caught back up with civilization and now is ready to attack the slow Christel car of Steer, but cannot make it through yet.

Van Smirren doubles the problems for the Christel team as he goes wide and loses a chunk of time to Gilson behind. Copeman follows the Tafuro car into going right up behind that red and black car.

Stokel has another go at Van Smirren, who has off camera managed to lose out to both Copeman and Gilson..., into a much better breaking zone of turn 1... Through, he's easily through, now that Snake car can easily stretch his legs to get away from the slower car of Van Smirren.

And now Thomas is right up behind Van Smirren as he too looks to make his way passed the much slower car.

We have adverts for the final time! Only one more small break, then we will be back to provide you with the coverage you need to finish the race. Final part (hopefully free), coming soon!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2011 12:23AM by GPGTV.org/farked.
Date: August 03, 2011 12:24AM
Posted by: Stoopid
How the hell did I lose 4 places in the pitstops?!!!!!!!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: August 03, 2011 12:27AM
Posted by: Carlitox
ART Team Radio, Rodriguez replies to Maverick

"OK John, understood. We've to be careful with the front grip, especially at the last corner."

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: August 03, 2011 12:41AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Stu you must of signed some of Massa's pitcrew

Conner continue with the coverage if you want mate, its great so far, although you seem to like adverts almost as much as ITV ;)

Promising pace from us so far

And did I spy new pitcrews?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: August 03, 2011 01:06AM
GPGSL Round 12 Austrian GP - Testers Feature Race Part 4

We are back, ready for the final part of this tester race coverage! The higher powers that run this show have apparently decided that this part like all the rest should be free, so i guess im not getting paid this week... but ah well you shall have your coverage anyway ;). Back to the track!

And Tafuro is up the inside of Davies! Tafuro seems to want the lead back that he lost, and he is fighting Davies for it. This time though its a no, as the Aston closes all routes through.

Mills still sits behind Edwards, he has yet to get passed his team-mate, but is still looking very threatening.

Thomas is ready to get passed the slower Van Smirren, and he shoves his car down the inside for turn 9. He takes it as Van Smirren has to run slightly wide to let him through, but he's through none the less.

Kederer should be impressed that he has managed to get back into the points after his start, but he is in the points and inline for 2 of them.

Mills is passed! Edwards makes a slight mistake in the last bend and Mills powers passed, thats him up into 3rd place!

Rodriguez is now having to defend his place from an aggressive Legge. He manages to keep the Tafuro behind him, so Legge will have to wait for another chance.

Van Smirren is going very very slowly... that appears to be a problem for him... Yup thats confirmed, he retires just metres from the pits with an electrical fault.

Legge doesnt really have to wait long for his next shot at getting himself passed Rodriguez and he makes it stick for 9th place! Rodriguez has to be careful or fellow ART man van Renselaar could be through...

Next lap and Tafuro has another dig at Davies for the lead! He's squeezed by the green car though and he cannot make it stick yet again.

And now both have to be careful, because Mills has pulled himself away from Edwards, and is now advancing on the lead pair...

Seems to be the popular move at the bottom as yet another boss goes on the attack against his team-mate, as van Renselaar sums up the inside of Rodriguez, adds it up right and makes his way through.

In the midfield, and its Copeman who is just outside the points. He needs only to make it passed Gilson now that Van Smirren has retired.

Whilst at the back Somogyi is still way behind after his incident with Pederson and his front wing.

2 laps to go and Tafuro isnt close enough to make a move this time into turn 1. So he will only have 1 lap left after this to make it work...

Thomas closes in on some points too as the last points holder Gilson locks his tires, that might makes his defense that little bit harder...

Whilst out the back its Worseling fighting with what looks like Grant. Unfortunately its only small places back there...

It is the final lap for the leaders, and Tafuro is close to Davies on this lap. Close enough to have a go?

And he puts the car on the outside of the line going into turn 3. Wise move to use the outside? Apparently not as Davies puts his car back on the line to keep the place...

Edwards is off before his last lap begins! He has gone into the gravel trap at turn 9, and that seems to be his 4th place thrown away in a moment! Infact he finds himself way down in 17th place, and that seems like any chance of points absolutely gone.

Back at the front, onto the next straight, and Mills has taken this chance to get himself right up into the front two men with this. Does he have enough time? But behind them, Ingers and De Boer look pretty secure in 4th and 5th place. They are close, but not close enough to be dangerous.

And with that, the midfield squabble becomes more important as, Copeman now sits in the points, with the two men behind oh so close...

Tafuro has the inside line for turn 9! Second to last corner, can he take the win from here?!? No! Davies gets the car round the bend well enough and still has the lead!

But its not over yet! Both Tafuro and Mills seem to have better drive of the final turn, get they grab it from here? Has Davies done enough?

No! Davies has got the win! The Aston man wins by less than a second! Tafuro has 2nd place, and Mills has 3rd!

Ingers gets across the line in a much easier 4th, De Boer in 5th and Paddock in 6th. Legge has 7th, van Renselaar 8th and more points for ART with Rodriguez in 9th

This race is definately not over yet as Copeman is looking to secure more points than he has up the inside of Gilson... Its another race to line, and Gilson holds for 11th place! Copeman 12th.

Congratulations to Adam Davies of Aston Martin Racing! He did well to hold of Tafuro in the final laps, and profited well off of a poor stop by his team-mate, very solid win.

Full results will be in the next post.

Hope the coverage wasn't too long or adverty, explanation is that i tend to break races up into 4 parts so that posts are more often, and not too long for me to do, and length, well i like, and hope to provide detailed coverage of all the action, although i understand i will miss some things (The precise details of Ingers/Worseling/Van Smirren bad stops for example?).
Anyway hope you enjoyed the coverage ;-)

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2011 01:06AM by GPGTV.org/farked.
Date: August 03, 2011 01:16AM
Posted by: senna9194
Congrats to Adam Davies for winning this race in a thrilling final!I simply couldn't do much against you:-)

My GPGSL Career
Date: August 03, 2011 01:16AM
Official Round 12 Testers Feature Race Results

Official Round 12 Testers Feature Race Fastest Laps

Thank you, hope you enjoyed the show, Qualifying should be tomorrow, if not, then sorry ;-)

Good night

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Date: August 03, 2011 01:21AM
Posted by: truecrysis
Sorry stu, i believe you got held up by the 2 MAC drivers and Stokel in front of you, either that or a really bad attempt at an undercut, possibly slowed down by someone else coming into the pits too, but i cant say for sure, just dont be too angry at me ;)

Disappointing race for me and Rico, hoping that the full race will be better, much much better.

Hope the coverage was alright for you guys ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: August 03, 2011 01:22AM
Posted by: JohnWarrington
Absolutely fantastic! Well done Adam. Stuart did well too :D

Date: August 03, 2011 01:33AM
Posted by: n00binio
the coverage was superb (Y)

bad pace by the mac cars, apparantly another difficult weekend for us...

btw: i guess this is the closest finish in the history of the gpgsl

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: August 03, 2011 01:40AM
Posted by: Twigster151
n00binio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bad pace by the mac cars, apparantly another
> difficult weekend for us...

My thoughts exactly :/

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: August 03, 2011 03:42AM
Posted by: oensan
oensan Owen Edwards
Was looking good for my first podium before I got the dreaded team radio message. So angry, I made a mistake heading into the last lap.
2 hours ago

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Date: August 03, 2011 04:46AM
Posted by: racingstefan
Good to see both cars in the top 12 :)

Date: August 03, 2011 07:49AM
Posted by: Stoopid
truecrysis Wrote:
> Sorry stu, i believe you got held up by the 2 MAC
> drivers and Stokel in front of you, either that or
> a really bad attempt at an undercut, possibly
> slowed down by someone else coming into the pits
> too, but i cant say for sure, just dont be too
> angry at me ;)
>
> Disappointing race for me and Rico, hoping that
> the full race will be better, much much better.
>
> Hope the coverage was alright for you guys ;-)

Oh I'm not angry at you Connor, far from it. I'm just amazed at how much GP4 kicked me in the teeth in the race lol! But then again, the game was a lot more savage towards others, especially Owen.

Great coverage by the way, especially the fight with Adam and Paolo at the end. Well done and thanks for stepping in at short notice. ;)

Well done Adam, fantastic well fought win. Although I'm pleased with my 4th place, I can't help feel that I could have got more. Oh well! Thats GP4!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: August 03, 2011 08:20AM
Posted by: NickJW
crappy test driver race

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: August 03, 2011 11:07AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
And here we are in Australia... I mean Austria...

The testers have been out today, 4th and 8th is a solid result for the team. Hopefully we can capitalize on their setup and make some tweaks to get us up a bit closer to the front!

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: August 03, 2011 11:12AM
Posted by: JackHammer
Not great from VXR, but not really much they could do about it :P

Date: August 03, 2011 11:15AM
Posted by: oensan
By the way, any chance of a round by round results table for each of the three championships on the first page? I guess it would look a bit like the boost tables, but instead of boost values, it would have finishing positions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Date: August 03, 2011 11:30AM
Posted by: senna9194
SpaceAce Wrote:
> And here we are in Australia... I mean Austria...
>
> The testers have been out today, 4th and 8th is a
> solid result for the team. Hopefully we can
> capitalize on their setup and make some tweaks to
> get us up a bit closer to the front!

4th and 8th? :S

My GPGSL Career
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy