Adelaide Street Circuit rebuilt first pictures

Posted by super__alonso 
Specially the kerbs of Adelaide. ... when rained to be an insanity!!!

Especialmente os meios-fios de Adelaide.... quando chovia era uma loucura!!!

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Great track thanks!!
- b-tone: these are for you

The cityscape and the circled parts

Circled part and the grandstands

The markets and stag hotel

Another view of the stag hotel

Another view of the streetscapre
Gave it a try this evening, and it's very good. This version is much more immersive than the old one!

The only thing I question is that first chicane past the pits. It seems way too tight to me, especially after watching several onboards. Maybe something in between this tight one and the older version would be closer to reality? It just feels like it should be slightly more open...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
IIRC they tightened it for 1995. I might be wrong though.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

first chicane does seem almost a little bit too tight, judging by how much speed you lose in braking in approach to the turn, but from trackside cams it looks pretty realistic. but still this could end up one of the best tracks made for gp4, especially if it had hi-res textrues.
Good work, your beta is nice.
Its even better now. I have changed the end of the lap and now the track layout is almost complete. I am now working on street lights and powerlines.
Going to download this soon, thanks for your efforts. I went to Adelaide for the F1 GP 9 times, from 1987 til the last one in '95, still one of the best street circuits.

For some reference:
- In 1993, the Williams Renault's were topping just under 300km/hr in practice at the end of Brabham Straight.
- In 1986, the Williams Honda's were hitting just a tad under 330km/hr at the same point (I have some of the official speed trap data here).

Maybe this will help getting a realistic top speed/downforce setting.
Second BETA release soon.
Great news I love this track is sure tough though in the 1988 cars I think
i just tried it and the track is already very good, indeed cc line needs some work but its alot of fun to race or watch a race. Also cams need to have a tweak sometimes second of trees or buildings in the way but i am a fan of the track and looking forward for the second beta release :-)
A few of the corners need smoothing - probably best to rebuild them, and there are a few bumps that need sorting out. The track is banked in a funny way - like the first sector banking has been kept throughout. To fix that though would mean rebuilding all the track and fences. The pitlane also has smoothing/banking/elevation problems.
Otherwise it is looking very nice :)
If you want help with those things get in touch :)

____
Tony

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great news I love this track is sure tough though
> in the 1988 cars I think

I agree 100%! The quickest time in free practice by the AI was 11 seconds slower than the actual lap times set in 1988. I could do no better than 7th quickest in the 1988 mod.

Also in the 1988 mod you simply can't take the first chicane now unless you downshift to 1st gear and brake heavily. I have an onboard lap of Michael Schumacher taking this same chicane in 3rd gear in the 1993 Benetton, with only medium braking by him. The chicane in the old version seemed closer to reality to me.

Even in the 1986 mod lap times were 6-8 seconds slower than their historic times. This with turbo power and higher grip levels in that mod compared to the 1988 mod.

It's nice improvement graphically, but certain areas of the track seem far to tight to me, and the lap times seem to bear this out...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
The magic data can be edited to make the track grip higher.

The second BETA will contain a reprofiled Brewery Bend to final corner section.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2008 09:08AM by super__alonso.
QUESTION:

Is only with me or there is NO crownd on the tribunes?

In my game I can't saw the people on the circuit....
Remember kerleyf1, it's still a beta. ;)
It's best for super_alonso to concentrate on getting the layout spot-on, then the smaller details(such as people) can be added.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
I know Berger_Fan this is still beta..... it's only a question, becouse I think this happens only with me.....
Are roads like these crowned in the middle, like Monaco, or are they likely to be flat?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Second BETA released!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy