Its been a looooong time

Posted by bones1834 
Its been a looooong time
Date: November 29, 2010 04:34AM
Posted by: bones1834
Guys just started playing Gp4 again after 2 years. I just want to use the 2006 mod from gpitalia. Problem is it is running dog slow (the PO is 150 in p6 at the start of melbourne) on my windows 7 laptop. So this is what I have done thus far. Set graphics settings in the 2006 CSM to "standard", changed gp4.exe compatabilty to windows 98/me....I remember turning off my hardware acclerators on my old desktop use to help but I am not sure how to do that with this laptop. Anyway thanks for any input. Here is my laptop specs:

itel(R) Core i5 CPU M450 @ 2.40GHZ
ram 4 GB
Re: Its been a looooong time
Date: November 29, 2010 04:44AM
Posted by: mortal
GP4 prefers a graphics card with some on-board ram, not an integrated chip on the motherboard that shares processor power with the cpu. Make sure gpx_patch has cpu set to 1 and you can set the compatibility to Win XP SP2.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Its been a looooong time
Date: November 29, 2010 04:46AM
Posted by: bones1834
Thanks. I figured it was the laptop itself more then anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy