I Need Help With The Pro Difficulty

Posted by Wacky-Racer 
I Need Help With The Pro Difficulty
Date: November 27, 2010 07:49AM
Posted by: Wacky-Racer
Playing the vanilla version of the game.

So far through the first two races I have been 2+ seconds off the pace. I am not losing grip anywhere but I just have no speed. Is this a product of the car I am using (Giancarlo Fisichella's Benneton) or do I just have a bad setup?
For instance:
Malaysia:
wings - 7 rear, 4 front
two stop strat
Brake balance toward the rear
gears (1-7) 23, 28, 33, 38, 42, 48, 54, 60
Ride height: 33.0 front, 53.0 rear
packers - 25 on both sides
Differential: top - both at 10. Bottom: both at 5 or 6.

Everything else is default.
Re: I Need Help With The Pro Difficulty
Date: November 27, 2010 06:04PM
Posted by: jucksman
You need more grip, buddy. You are using a setup that's costin you tôo much time around corners. In sepang, i usually set the fron wing to 18 and the rear wing to something around 14/16...try that and let me know if it works
Date: November 28, 2010 12:21AM
Posted by: airjimracing
In PRO you should be near the top 10 with the "normal" set up. If not... practice.;)
Date: November 28, 2010 03:42AM
I should be able to reach the top ten, even in the Benneton? I thought that as the difficulty increased the division between the teams would increase, meaning I could never get that car on the podium, correct?

18R, 14F? Wow. I will try that now and let you know. :)
Date: November 28, 2010 03:48AM
Make that 14R, 18F? I will try that now.
Date: November 28, 2010 04:05AM
You're right! I just did a 1:39.4 with your setup! Although, I made the rear 18 and the front 14 as setting them in the opposite made me spin out in the high speed curves (that is oversteer, right?).

My fastest with the old setup was 1:41.5.

Oh, I also moved the brake balance more toward the front.
Date: November 28, 2010 04:58PM
Thats a good time! Glad to be of assistance :-)
Date: November 29, 2010 12:26AM
I started 10th and was as high as 7th very early on until I tried to block Jean Alesi. Instead of keeping my position I hit him, lost my front wing and left tire, while he lost nothing and rejoined the race. I made it back to the pits but I finished a lowly 17th, 2 laps down.

I believe next is Brazil and I will make sure that I have enough wing to gain speed in the corners. Thanks for your help.
Date: November 29, 2010 10:59AM
In interlagos you'll need a high front wing a lower rear wing to gain speed on the straights...setup is very tricky there, but it's one of my favourite tracks. :-)
Date: November 29, 2010 05:51PM
It is one of my favorites as well. So far I have not been doing well in practice.
Higher front wing than lower? I will give that a try and let you know how it goes.

My guess is that when I get to Imola my wings should be about the same as Sepang? There are many corners at Imola and not very many straight sections.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy