Adelaide Street Circuit rebuilt first pictures

Posted by super__alonso 
Re: Adelaide
Date: December 04, 2007 07:22AM
Posted by: super__alonso
Well, the CC-Line not working at all except for the first part of the lap up till about the first sector point.
Date: December 04, 2007 05:47PM
Posted by: plodekk
Date: December 05, 2007 01:46AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Is anyone working on a CC line for the track?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: December 05, 2007 01:54AM
Posted by: Prblanco
A CC-line is a quick job, shouldn't take days to make, so there's no point to say that someone is "working" on it.

But, surely someone will make one if he has a bit of free time. I'll have some free time on Thursday, if nobody makes a CC-line until then, I'll do it. :)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: December 05, 2007 04:59AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Prblanco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A CC-line is a quick job, shouldn't take days to
> make, so there's no point to say that someone is
> "working" on it.
>
> But, surely someone will make one if he has a bit
> of free time. I'll have some free time on
> Thursday, if nobody makes a CC-line until then,
> I'll do it. :)

Wasn't aware it was a quick thing to do, but glad you are on it... :)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: December 05, 2007 10:12PM
Use this track for the CC-Line

[rapidshare.com]
Date: December 05, 2007 11:15PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Jagdpanzer Wrote:

> Wasn't aware it was a quick thing to do, but glad
> you are on it... :)

That'S quite relative if you consider making thorough ingame test with attention to speed and car behaviour. Sorting out problems and inaccuracies can be quite time consuming.
I once spent 4 hours for one cc-line ;) That's an extreme example but the track had very challenging and tricky corners so that I had to rebuild some sections two or three times to get it right and smooth :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2007 11:16PM by Ruboy.
Date: December 06, 2007 12:26AM
Posted by: Prblanco
Yep mate when I said quick, I meant it doesn't take days... that's my definition of "quick" when talking about tracks ;)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: December 06, 2007 01:44AM
Prblanco Wrote:
> Yep mate when I said quick, I meant it doesn't
> take days... that's my definition of "quick" when
> talking about tracks ;)

That's absoluely right, too :)

Date: December 07, 2007 05:59AM
Iv'e got some issues with the bridges. The textures are dissapearing!!! They are not transparent. The bridges were imported from the original melbourne track as they are the same.

The gum trees I imported from another hi-res track. I think they look great!!
Date: December 07, 2007 06:11AM
Posted by: TTM
Convert one texture to DXT1+Semi transparency (I painted red circle around texture), because it's now DXT5+Full transparency and that's reason for your problem with the bridges.
Date: December 07, 2007 07:19PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
Is there any way to use the same texture for both the track and the other bits of tarmac(run-offs, etc)., so it looks more seamless?

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: December 07, 2007 07:49PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Berger_Fan schreef:
> Is there any way to use the same texture for both
> the track and the other bits of tarmac(run-offs,
> etc)., so it looks more seamless?

Yes and no, you can use the same tarmac texture for the track and run-offs, but ingame GP4 makes the tarmac texture of the track darker.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: December 07, 2007 08:29PM
Posted by: b-tone
in game the track (.bin) uses the maps\tarmacmap.tex and not what you see in GP4 Builder for instance.
There are ways to make it all the same - use no bin, use more bin, or use a different bin

____
Tony

Date: December 07, 2007 10:19PM
b-tone Wrote:
> in game the track (.bin) uses the
> maps\tarmacmap.tex and not what you see in GP4
> Builder for instance.
> There are ways to make it all the same - use no
> bin, use more bin, or use a different bin

What does 'more' .bin mean?

Date: December 07, 2007 11:06PM
Posted by: paranoik0
b-tone Wrote:
> in game the track (.bin) uses the
> maps\tarmacmap.tex and not what you see in GP4
> Builder for instance.

I always wondered why did my track always use the original track texture instead of the one I wanted.. it works now!
Date: December 09, 2007 10:13AM
Posted by: b-tone
more bin - a trick from MarioB to use the pitverge bin for more than just pitverge. For instance if the track has another unused layout, you can make that, convert the bin, and rename the bin to pitverge.

What I'd really like is more bin options, or convert 3d to bin, or something like that.

____
Tony

Date: December 09, 2007 10:41AM
That's a really great idea...never thought about it. It was always a graphical problem when there was another layout...it just never looked very good when using the alternative layout as a normal object with normal textures. I noticed that the DTM tracks looked much better concerning this and I wondered why :)
Btw, how are the alternative track sections named? The must be TRACK class, right? The real layout is named from TRACK_00 undtil TRACK_XX. Which names do you use for the other layout to avoid conflicts?

I asked Lo2k about another bin feature in the track editing thread. It could make track tarmac even more realistic.

Re: Adelaide Street Circuit 1995
Date: December 10, 2007 07:59AM
I need some help with editing the .dat file. The finish line is too far forward. It should be at the end of the pit buildings. Also the pit lane exit is wrong with the kerb. Before the CC-Line is made could someone move the finish line back and fix the pit exit?? Its not like I can't move the finish line back 9 sectors, but it is adding the 9 sectors after the finish line and having the spacing correct as well as fixing bankings, verges, walls etc.. I can fix the .gp4 file

Diagram:

The finish line needs to be moved back to the double red line and the section of pit lane deleted and added at the exit. Sectors have to be added between lines.

Circuit:

[www.filefactory.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2007 08:16AM by super__alonso.
Date: December 10, 2007 12:05PM
Posted by: paranoik0
Moving the finish line is easy.. but that will mean you'll have to make a cc-line all over again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy