GP4 F1 1991 MOD released !

Posted by VELOCIPEDE 
Re: GP4 F1 1991 MOD released !
Date: April 01, 2007 10:29PM
Posted by: -JVC-
I tried changing the settings in GpXpatchs , but it didn't work I still get the mods default amount of laps in a quick race. I also put 0% possibility of rain, and that doesn't work. If I change the possibility of rain in the game it doesn't save my setting when I quit the game. Witch file should I edit?
Date: April 02, 2007 12:18AM
Posted by: _Erix_
Date: April 08, 2007 09:09PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
OK, I love this mod, however qualifying is pissing me off somewhat. (No, I don't apologise for my language, it really is that annoying! :)) Can somebody explain to me why I'm restricted to 6 laps total, basically 2 flying laps with minimal fuel in Saturday qualifying?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: April 09, 2007 09:04AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Have you changed the settings in the gpxset ini in the mods gpxpatch folder?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: April 09, 2007 09:09PM
Posted by: the_new_mr
Don't have that problem here turkey_machine. Double check your GPxPatch setting and check the number of qualifying laps.
Date: April 09, 2007 10:35PM
Double-checked. It's set to 12...

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

Date: April 10, 2007 10:02PM
Posted by: Lasek99
Okay, I installed the mod and trackpack and even ran a few races and everything was fine. Now when I go to play it, everything loads and it opens GP4 but it just stays at a black screen and stays there. How do I fix that?
Date: April 12, 2007 02:07PM
Posted by: the_new_mr
@turkey_machine
Weird one there man! Are you sure you haven't edited your GP4.exe with GP4Tweaker or something?

@Lasek99
Think I had this problem before. Can't really remember. Try re-installing GP4 and see how that goes. Can't hurt and it doesn't take that long either. 15 mins max.
Date: April 12, 2007 02:34PM
Nope, clean GP4.exe. I was aware of that, and re-installed just in case, but the problem's still there. What I did find, was that GPxPatch says "12 laps" in the qualifying section, in both it's "native" mode, and the "integrated" mode with CSM. Yet, when CSM loads the mod, it switches to 6 laps within GPxPatch. So something's not right there. Have you updated the mod in the last, say, month?

Date: April 12, 2007 03:45PM
Posted by: quickslick
if you have f1gstate.bak, please rename it to f1gstate.save and overwrite your existing one. The blackscreen is a problem for a not correct working f1gstate.sav file
Date: April 13, 2007 02:09AM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
turkey_machine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK, I love this mod, however qualifying is pissing
> me off somewhat. (No, I don't apologise for my
> language, it really is that annoying! :)) Can
> somebody explain to me why I'm restricted to 6
> laps total, basically 2 flying laps with minimal
> fuel in Saturday qualifying?

Not sure if it's a bug, or some incorrect settings, but in reality, there were no lap restrictions in 1991, but effectively there were, due to the teams only having 2 sets of tyres, and 99.9% of the time, they were the ultra-sticky one lap specials.
So in a way, your 91 mod is more accurate! ;)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: April 13, 2007 04:30AM
quickslick Wrote:
> if you have f1gstate.bak, please rename it to
> f1gstate.save and overwrite your existing one. The
> blackscreen is a problem for a not correct working
> f1gstate.sav file

Did that and it worked...until I try to play the 2006 mod, I get a gpx error log at the race loading screen. if anyone can help me out and tell me whats wrong that would be great, because I just spent hours upon hours updating it to 2007 and now it doesn't play.
Date: April 13, 2007 06:55AM
Posted by: b-tone
@Lasek99 - try deleting the f1gstate.sav and f1graphics.cfg from the Data\Files folder in the mod

____
Tony

Date: April 13, 2007 10:55PM
Ok. It seems it works once, then when I close the game I get a gpx error and thats what corrupts the f1gstate.sav file. I will try that though, thank you.
Date: April 14, 2007 12:45AM
Berger_Fan Wrote:
> turkey_machine Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > OK, I love this mod, however qualifying is
> pissing
> > me off somewhat. (No, I don't apologise for my
> > language, it really is that annoying! :)) Can
> > somebody explain to me why I'm restricted to 6
> > laps total, basically 2 flying laps with
> minimal
> > fuel in Saturday qualifying?
>
> Not sure if it's a bug, or some incorrect
> settings, but in reality, there were no lap
> restrictions in 1991, but effectively there were,
> due to the teams only having 2 sets of tyres, and
> 99.9% of the time, they were the ultra-sticky one
> lap specials.
> So in a way, your 91 mod is more accurate! ;)

That'd be nicer if it allowed me to do qualifying laps in Friday practice, which it doesn't. ;-)

Date: April 19, 2007 01:17AM
Any estimate of when we might see an update with bug fixes? The team specific steering wheels and drivers hands look really nice, but its a shame we can't see them in normal cockpit view...:(

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: April 19, 2007 08:55AM
At the moment Drivingitalia, our host, is moving to a new server so we'll have to wait for that. The steering wheels in cockpit view will not be team specific, sorry.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: April 19, 2007 09:16AM
Posted by: MJ2006
how about the williams bug fix erix? that caused a problem for a few people (me included)

thanks.
Date: April 19, 2007 09:16AM
_Erix_ Wrote:
> The steering wheels in cockpit view will not be
> team specific, sorry.

Thats a damn shame....:( It's a pity as they were so well done.

Seems a waste really....

Date: April 20, 2007 10:40AM
We haven't done them and doing them now will add a lot of extra code and textures to the mod. I'm working on other projects now and with the upcoming release of the fix, this mod is finished.
I think the momo steering wheel looks great, all teams used momo's so it's not that far from reality.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy