GP4 F1 1991 MOD released !

Posted by VELOCIPEDE 
Re: GP4 F1 1991 MOD released !
Date: May 20, 2007 07:30PM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
Hi, I have a texture problem:

well at least I think it's a texture problem..or the wheels are out of line?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2007 07:38PM by Gené and Tonic.
Date: May 21, 2007 03:36PM
Posted by: -JVC-
Does anybody have some setups for Monaco? I have problems finding good setups for Monaco and would be happy if anybody would have some sort of drive able setup to share.

I think the biggest problem is the understeering when exiting "Lou's"-hairpin (or what's its name is) and turning into the turns before the tunnel.
of course the car is understeering I every corner but worst int the hairpins.

I usually soften the frontend of the car on the other tracks to get more grip when breaking and turning, but in Monaco I don't seem to get it working, because soft front -> understeer stiffer front -> problems when breaking (front wheels lookups very easy).

How do you setup the car for Monaco?
Date: May 22, 2007 07:46AM
Posted by: plodekk
NEXT UPDATE MOD 1991??????
TRACK PHOENIX 91, MEXICO AND ESTORIL????
Date: May 23, 2007 11:17PM
Posted by: Webber Fan
I have problem with this mod. I install it correctly and the trackpack but when I choose in CSM any track and press start it says something like failed to load Phoenix and my game starts but driver names are from original game and Im not driving on the track I chose but on original game track. What I have to do? I know that some tracks are missing but I dont have option to load only one track (I choose) but all 17 and then this happens. Please help.

[webberfanscreens.blogspot.com]
Date: May 23, 2007 11:51PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Have you installed the PLUS trackpack? If you haven't you will have only Imola, Monaco, Interlagos and Montreal in their 1991 versions and the rest will be the default tracks. If that's the case, please install the basic PLUS pack.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: May 23, 2007 11:57PM
Erix...

NEXT UPDATE MOD 1991??????
TRACK PHOENIX 91, MEXICO AND ESTORIL????
Date: May 24, 2007 12:02AM
Please turn off capslock, it looks like you're shouting at me ;-)

Next update is a patch to solve the bugs. There will be a track released very soon, not a completely new one but worth the wait...

Date: May 24, 2007 01:29AM
CapsLock....OK... :) Dear Erix, your mod is fantastic!!!!!! amazing!!!!! i'm mediator of an comunity im orkut of GP4.This mod it's the atencion center. I'm waiting the trackpack. Phoenix, Estoril, Mexico........ beautiful!!!!!!! i'm crazy of this tracks......
GP4 F1 1991 MOD released !
Date: May 25, 2007 02:09AM
Posted by: rvfariasf1
Erik, in the end of June Phoenix will be released?????
Excellent!!!!!! You are the best..... Your mod it's the best.....
What's day the track will be released????
Date: May 25, 2007 02:12AM
Posted by: rvfariasf1
Erik, and Mexico????
Date: May 25, 2007 03:02PM
If all goes well Phoenix will be finished by the end of June. I have not been working on Mexico, someone else is but I have no idea how far he has progressed...

TSM problems!
Date: May 27, 2007 05:24AM
Posted by: MillionsF1
I love this mod but the tracks just WILL NOT LOAD!!!

I have followed the instructions to the letter. I even loaded the tracks and mod according to how turkey_machine did it but still I do not have the circuits for the 91 season.

Whether I double-click on plus or the 91 update or run TSM first and the click on install tracks, then manage tracks I see nothing. How are these tracks supposed to be loaded????
Date: May 27, 2007 08:25AM
Posted by: nascar
Hi Erik, can you please bring out the patch soon (i hope today)? Then I can go racing with the king of Monaco again. Thanks in advance.
Date: May 27, 2007 12:02PM
nascar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Erik, can you please bring out the patch soon
> (i hope today)? Then I can go racing with the king
> of Monaco again. Thanks in advance.

Well the King of Monaco is not in the 91 mod... But the Master of Monaco is =)

King of Monaco is Graham Hill and Master of Monaco is Senna.

What sort of setup are you using at your car in Monaco? How much wing and are you softening or hardening the suspension? Like I posted before I having problems getting my car setup done.
Date: May 28, 2007 12:38AM
Posted by: the_new_mr
Give me a pm with your e-mail JVC and I'll send you the setup I use at Monaco. It's good enough to beat the AI.

By the way, you mentioned in an earlier post that softer front springs give understeer. It's actually the opposite. Softening the front springs increase weight transfer to the front of the car and reduce understeer/induce oversteer. The only way softening the front springs can produce understeer is if the front tires are so overloaded with weight under braking that they reach their limit of adhesion and this is very unlikely in a hairpin.

I'd say the main problem is that you're probably going too fast into the hairpins. It's a common mistake around Monaco.

@Webber Fan & MillionsF1

Make sure you do this (in this order):

(assuming you have a CLEAN install of GP4)

Install the PLUS trackpack (http://gp4db.com/index.php?category=tracks&section=PLUS)
Install the 91 mod (http://gp4db.com/index.php?category=mods&section=1991)
Install the 91 mod trackpack (http://gp4db.com/index.php?category=mods&section=1991)

Sometimes, TSM doesn't always install files properly (happened to me once with the PLUS trackpack) so make it wouldn't hurt giving it another go (i.e. Install PLUS, PLUS again, 91 trackpack, 91 trackpack again).

Then, you start up CSM, select 1991_real.ini the mod's configurables, select your other options and click start.

Let us know how you get on with that.
Date: May 28, 2007 01:50AM
OK. I will give it a try. I REALLY love this mod! 1991 is what Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP 2 was based on for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis system. I always wanted to try racing on those tracks with these cars! I will uninstall everything and try it again.

Thanks!
Date: May 28, 2007 02:36AM
Tried that the_new_mr but still no tracks from 91 load. :(

Is there anyway to tell if the tracks have been loaded or not? When I run CSM and I go to mod's configurable the track profile shows None, there is nothing to choose from the drop down list and the List button is grayed out.
Am I missing anything? I will admit that I am a complete noob when it comes to how these mods are supposed to be config'ed and run (hell, I'm a noob at GP4 too, just bought it back in April!)
Date: May 28, 2007 08:21PM
the_new_mr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Give me a pm with your e-mail JVC and I'll send
> you the setup I use at Monaco. It's good enough
> to beat the AI.

Thanks for that! I have sent a pm to you.
Date: May 28, 2007 09:11PM
MillionsF1, it seems like CSM/TSM can't find your tracks folder. Could you check your "C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4" folder to see if there's a folder called "tracks".

Date: May 30, 2007 02:32AM
Posted by: the_new_mr
Ah, Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP 2.... until now, one of my most favourite games. Nice memories :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy