GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: November 06, 2005 11:04AM
Posted by: Lo2k
me ? yes :)
but I also tried with 16.4 and result was the same.

Date: November 06, 2005 01:28PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
-->Zeppelin:
Date: November 06, 2005 01:46PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Yea I've had this, try deleting all TRACKxx objects and adding those from a .gp4 exported from ZM, seems to do the trick 80% if the time :)
Date: November 06, 2005 04:57PM
Posted by: fulcoboy
I have a couple of questions.

1: What is the best way to make your track on scale

2: My pitlane is connected to my track but if I wanna drive in the pitlane (coming from the track) i hit the wall. How do I get that wall piece away?
Date: November 06, 2005 06:00PM
@Auradrummer: You really encounter weird troubles:)
Well, I sometimes had an error in 3DEd when converting .dat to .gp4 but it never made any mess ingame.
I will check if I could reproduce your problem anyhow.
And I also think I will rebuild the whole .dat to .gp4 function as it is a painfull piece of code, especialy if I want to slice other objects of the track (verges, banks).

@fulcoboy:
1: I have no advise for this. all I could tell you is that a sector length is 16 feet and camera positions are in meters as new object sizes and positions...
2: if you look at each sector's window, you have fence gate checkbox, just check them for sectors where pitlane go through track sectors walls.

Date: November 06, 2005 11:06PM
Another question: Is there a way to move objects up and down? Over the Z axel?
Date: November 06, 2005 11:26PM
yep, right click as told in the user guide

Date: November 06, 2005 11:39PM
Tnx I found it :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2005 11:46PM by fulcoboy.
Date: November 07, 2005 12:09AM
Everybody:

Thanks to the Lo2K and Zeppelin's help, I'm able now to edit the verges/bank appearance ingame. I made a copy of the whole object and set it to "bridge". I took out the objects that have the same tex of the verge/bank below and worked on those that are different. Worked perfectly, but if we have another way to do it, will be appreciated.

Someday, someone told about that parts that won't be wet, even in rain, like under bridges. I have strong reasons to believe that those dry areas is set by the shadow objects.

Date: November 07, 2005 11:09AM
for shadows, simply use the SHADOW class...

concerning shortcuts, your idea as a flaw : what if there are more than 10 parts ? You can't do ctrl+11...
I do believe this kind of operation will only be speeded up the day multi selection will be effective.

Date: November 07, 2005 03:23PM
-->Lo2K: Don't worry about it, because I don't think that too many trackmakers divided their sections in more than 10 parts, or you can make Ctrl+F1, F2 and so on, then you'll have 12 parts. Was just an idea that would speed up my work a lot. Now I have to do Alt - E - D - A in sequence to detach the faces, and more than 100 times, generally.
Date: November 07, 2005 03:33PM
Hehe, for my oval I had to detach 680 faces ;)
Date: November 07, 2005 03:43PM
--> Zeppelin: But you did a very good work!

I have two questions:

-> How can I make the pitcrew be more close to the pitroad? They are too far.

-> Everytime I have to pit (only human car), when I enter in the pitroad my team go back to the garage and leave me alone, stopped, feeling like an idiot!!!
Date: November 07, 2005 06:37PM
The first issue - Move the pit banks closer, you can tecnically venture as close as a value of 5, 20000 I think as long as the .col faces which are automatically built since 16.4 are in place.

The second issue - I have not a clue, what are the values in the initial pitlane sector?
Date: November 07, 2005 07:16PM
Zeppelin: What values? I have a bunch of!
Date: November 07, 2005 07:46PM
Just click once on the sector and you'll have cc-pitch / direction, what do they say?
Date: November 07, 2005 07:47PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover

Above is my first attempt circuit, the physics of the circuit is completed, but often i get those inferior ctd's at the end of loading. Hopefully can someone sort out what the problem is. This is the link to the dat file: CIRCUIT DAT

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: November 07, 2005 07:49PM
Seems to be very long track, is it on sec limits?
Date: November 07, 2005 08:01PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
My circuit has 1473 sectors, pretty fast circuit, lap rounds about 1.35", but that can't be the problem, because in the beginning i had no ctd at all, it was just 'perfect'.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: November 07, 2005 08:06PM
Have you tried a quickrace on it then?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy