GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: October 27, 2005 11:26PM
Posted by: Prblanco
I posted this problem with my track some days ago, but it's very hard to keep its thread on first page... so Laguna suggested me I posted in here, which is sticky, so here it is.

When cars are pit-headed, they follow the red line (picture below). White line is normal CC-Line (a bit different by now, I have remade it)

I told my problem to a couple guys... but they're a little busy with other tracks' problems... so, any ideas what could be causing this?

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: October 28, 2005 10:17AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Well, you can send me your .dat IN A ZIP FILE if you want but I guess something's wrong with your pitlane sectors...

Date: October 28, 2005 11:55AM
Posted by: Auradrummer
Hello

Sorry Jimbob1, but I'm returning to trackmaking right now, and I didn't see your track yet.

I need to make a verge with diagonal lines. If I detach all the faces to a new part, I have the squares flipping one after one, and I don't get the result I want. The solution I've found is detaching a square to part one, another to part two, another for one, two, one and so on. Then I assigned a flipped texture to part two. This resulted on this figure:

But I faced a problem. If I do this too many times, the game crashes. Somebody knows how can I do this, without crashing?

-->Lo2K: Can you make the detach feature detach faces to another object too? Would be good.

Somebody knows why when I exported the verge to ZM and reimported it, the verge appeared some miles away from the right place?

Thank you all
Date: October 28, 2005 12:09PM
Yep, it's on the todo list already.
If objects positions changed between ZM and 3DEd, use .3ds format instead, I believe it should this this matter (I don't know if you have to export to .3ds from 3ded or only from ZM).

Date: October 28, 2005 12:51PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
If I export from 3ded to Zmodeler I'll lost the UVMappin won't I?
Date: October 28, 2005 02:19PM
Only texture names but UV coords will be good.

Date: October 28, 2005 08:15PM
@PrBlanco:
It seems that your curve is too sharp and that cc-cars can't steer enough to follow the curve. So I think it would be better to edit middle of pitlane sectors in this curve in order to create a more opened curve (like the track cc-line does, closer to curve apex).
There's also a strange effect on your track: when cars are intended to reach pit, they follow the left side of the track during 40-50 sectors before the pitlane start...and I have no answer for this so far.

Date: October 29, 2005 11:25AM
Posted by: fulcoboy
Is there someone who can check my DAT file because I keep getting CTD and it's frustrating me !

Tnx in advance

[users.pandora.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2005 11:26AM by fulcoboy.
Date: October 29, 2005 12:10PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
CTD's aren't .dat related, it's .bin related / .gp4 mesh related. Make sure your last sector doesn't overlap when you make the tarmac mesh from .dat or .3ds, and then remake your .bin files
Date: October 29, 2005 04:02PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
Laurent:
spent some time with the editor again :)

- erwin and i have a problem with the new pitbuilding for bahrain, when it's placed in the gp4 versions +12.8 cant really open the gp4. It takes maybe 10minutes to open it. Older versions work just fine.

- Newly generated pitlane bin disapears like the track bin did before the segment slicing.

Date: October 29, 2005 05:05PM
@Maverick:
- The way 3DEditor handles objects have change in between (to allow object deletion amongst many things), so it could be slower than past method that were directly reading files. But once the track has been saved with the new method, it should be a little quicker to open the next time (still with 12.8+ version).

- Be sure to delete any past TRACKxx object to only keep the new ones.

PS: long time no see anyway, were you in holidays ? ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2005 05:06PM by Lo2k.
Date: October 29, 2005 11:06PM
Posted by: Webber Fan
Guys sorry for this question but what happened to Barcelona, Nurburgring, Hungaroring and Bahrain?

[webberfanscreens.blogspot.com]
Date: October 30, 2005 12:31AM
Posted by: Paco
Webber Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guys sorry for this question but what happened to
> Barcelona, Nurburgring, Hungaroring and
> Bahrain?

some lazy guy was working on the Hungaroring, but we haven't heard of it for a long time :P

I'm against sigpics
Date: October 30, 2005 12:55AM
Here is s small shot of the new prismatics objects you will be able to create in next 3ded version (the number of sides is free, these are just examples with 6, 48 and 3 sides).

This version will also fix the mirrored mapping for new .gp4 objects generated from .dat (will need to convert .dat to .gp4 again anyhow).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2005 12:57AM by Lo2k.
Date: October 30, 2005 01:34AM
Ooo, that looks exciting, especially the cylindrical type objects.

Would it be possible to merge objects as sub-parts in future versions? Then you could make complete objects in 3D ed which are already mapped per face :)
Date: October 30, 2005 11:30AM
Well, the sub-part to object feature has been done but reverse is still on the way :)

Date: October 30, 2005 12:09PM
Cool, I look forward to it :)

@Webber Fan: To my knowledge, MarioB / Tony were working on Nurburgring, Barcelona was never started, Hungary... well ;) and Bahrain you can find out about on a thread somewhere ;)
Date: October 30, 2005 07:05PM
@Zeppelin: Object to Part and Part to object are done, and you can also slice .gp4 faces as for .col :)

Date: October 30, 2005 07:30PM
*Salivates like a dog* Can't wait for next release ;)
Date: October 30, 2005 08:55PM
Posted by: Prblanco
A quick question... how do I determine which sectors stay dry even at a wet race, like happens at Monaco tunnel and below bridges? I got a small dry section at Jerez' back straight but there are no objects there...

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy