Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: October 18, 2005 09:18AM
Posted by: jonny
Anyone?

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk
Date: October 18, 2005 10:11AM
Posted by: <Maverick>
the best way to do this is by looking in the sector you want to align it with, and copy the position values from it. (X Y and Z) then you sector is exactly right, you only have to displace it a litle bit to the left/right.

Date: October 18, 2005 05:29PM
That worked Maverick! Thanks! Hows Bahrain my the way? ( I think your making it?)(

Date: October 19, 2005 02:31PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@All: OK, I added most of your queries to the todo list.

Date: October 20, 2005 09:26AM
Here's my track that i'm making, and i was wondering what where thoughts of it. The pitlane and layout are only done. Now the dreaded cc-line :|.
Still thinking waht to call it.

Date: October 20, 2005 11:17AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Ah, but with 15.8, cc-line is a doddle, probably the hardest thing is actually making a track interesting but I have to say, I do quite like that layout :)
Date: October 20, 2005 12:19PM
Posted by: Tumke
Hello,

I'm making a track, and right now its still a basic track (tarmac, some fences, gras). But when i drive the track there's something strange. In some corners my CPU is suddenly very high. When I drive one meter further the CPU drops and the problem is gone. Can sombody tel me why this is happening ?? I deleted all origninal scenes of the gp4 track.
Date: October 20, 2005 12:50PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
Tumke: Are you using the 3DEditor 15.8? If so, try to recreate the bin, if not, download it and recreate the bin.

Jonny: What a complex track! Seems to be very difficult. Is counter clock-wise? If so, seems to be only one overtaking point, after the brake of the last curves.
You want a name?

Hummmmm, what do you think about "AMEBA PARK?" :D! Eheheh, just kidding.

I'm using two options on my tracks, a name of a great Brazilian driver (like Chico Landi) or, if you want something more NASCAR, the name of the main sponsor, like "West road course", "Müermmans Speed Park" and those things.

Nice track!
Date: October 20, 2005 02:27PM
Posted by: Tumke
I tried it but with no result...are there more people with thsi problem ?
Date: October 20, 2005 02:37PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
Look if you are replacing Monza. At that straight that preceeds the Ascari we have a great delay because of sound, but I don't had this problem.

I have a question: The height of the wall in the .dat is used for something? Because I'm building a real track that have a very inconstant wall heights, and I'm thinking about model this walls only at graphics, and leave the dat/ col/ bin with 1 meters wall. This can cause some problems for me?
Date: October 20, 2005 04:44PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Tumke: Is this only happening with your modified track ?
Sounds weird...if so, could you send me your ZIPPED .dat file ? (lauri2000 @ free.fr).

@Auradrummer: I don't know either if fence height as any use. I do believe you can set it to 1m everywhere and just create graphics at right height.

Date: October 20, 2005 05:04PM
Sorry, but can someone tell me whats so new about cc-line editing? I never used previous versions of 3d Editor.

The track is clock wise.

Date: October 20, 2005 05:15PM
Previously, you had to use a "tweak" function, and spend hours testing the cc-line in game, which basically made the whole process really long and tedious (The last track i made a cc-line for took 4 and a half hours before it worked) whereas you lucky bums who have just started can do it in no time at all...

Still, making them go round quickly is another thing entirely :P
Date: October 20, 2005 05:30PM
So all you do know is add the sections and the raduis of the curves and your done!

Date: October 20, 2005 05:32PM
Yeah, you did that before, but more often than not, it would either

a) crash - you get annoyed and throw your pc out the window ;)
b) the cars drive through fences like some mysterious ghost being - was quite scary that first time i saw it ;)
Date: October 20, 2005 05:36PM
I still find it hard, but i guess an average 13 year old would :P

Date: October 20, 2005 05:37PM
lol, you'll get the hang of it, you have an advantage though if you are a kick ass keyboard user (which I'm not ;)), but you can still make a good line around the track after a while...

Date: October 20, 2005 05:40PM
Yeah, mine always goes off the track, its so annoying! I suppose someone else can make there own cc-line if i ever release it :)

Date: October 22, 2005 12:06PM
Posted by: Ruboy
@Lo2k:
I've found a small bug in 3DEditor 16.
You have changed places of the words 'Size' and 'Position' in the 'Create New Object' window.

Date: October 22, 2005 05:22PM

I've given up. If you call that cc-line - you're mental!! :P - i can't do it. If anyone wants my track - have it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy