GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: October 13, 2005 11:42PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Auradrummer: sorry, didn't saw your post about the guide line before...well, what for ? if you create 10 new sectors, they will automatically follow direction of past sector (the guide line)...In what case would it be useful ?

@NS: Well, it's an idea...I will see if I can add it :)

Date: October 13, 2005 11:52PM
Posted by: NS
thanks ;)

What is the error 'Erreur de vérification d'étendue' ? I get it when i convert my .dat to .3ds and because i can't speak/read French at all, I don't know what it means ;-)
Date: October 14, 2005 03:43AM
Posted by: JamesM
NS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> got a request isn't it possible to auto-select
> the next item you want to edit in the
> commands-menu?
>
> see pictures, i mean theres no option to do it
> automatic yet, so if you want fences going wider
> smoothly, everytime you have to click 'next
> sector', and then double click in the box behind
> 'fence distance' and then enter the new number,
> wouldn't it be handier to auto-select that box
> then? then you eliminate clicking in the box to
> select the old value which saves time and
> frustration i mean when you edit (for instance)
> fences and push 'next' its gonna look like this:
>
>

I already mentioned this over at the RealGPx forums...
Date: October 14, 2005 11:13AM
Posted by: NS
i don't read those forums ;P
Date: October 14, 2005 03:15PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
Lo2K:

I mean, you never know where the last sector is appointing before adding new sector. I was drawing a track over a map. I look to the curb and think that the curb have 45deg with 50sectors. Made it and is good. Then I added a straight and got an error. Deleted the sector before the curb begins and made all the process again, but with 44 deg. Error. Rebuild with 43 and sucess. Without need to make that straight is easyer, specially when closing the track.

But I'll give you another idea. Could you make some kind of preview with guideline? I'll explain. I enter with the values of the curb normally, and 3DEditor draws it for me, normally too (but could be in real time?). From the last sector I have the guideline. Then, when I have to make the last curb of the track, to close with starting sector, I adjust the curb angle/sectors till the guideline reaches the exact start sector. Then click a button "build" to confirm the curb construction. This would make everithing easyer, and you don't need to delete every try, the 3DEditor would delete automatically, you got me?
Date: October 14, 2005 07:40PM
Posted by: Laguna
Hello to all
I have made another building for Jerez track. I've used the same procedure like I used with the Ufo. When I display it at 3Deditor all is perfect look:

But when I play at the track in game, it's very strange, I can see the roof being down of the building. It looks like a transparent, veryvery weird and I don't know why, because in 3Deditor it works perfect.

I've made it from three parts wich have each one their own texture, and I united they before exporting to Gp4 format.
Thanks a lot for reading this.
I'm a novice so please tell me what is wrong.
Could be something of the normals, I didn't use the calculation, but I think that I didn't do the same with 3Deditor
Regards.

GP4-ARGENTINA
Date: October 14, 2005 07:42PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Yep, try inverting the normals, or recomputing them, if that doesn't work, try inverting face creation on the whole object
Date: October 14, 2005 09:52PM
ok thanks a lot. I'll try it
I didn't forget Valencia track ;) see you

GP4-ARGENTINA
Date: October 14, 2005 10:37PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Just have to repeat my question because I need this urgently for the Shanghai update:

Just a little questions about ZM:
Which buttons do I have to use to slice faces (e.g. of banks and verges). I've been trying but it was only partially successfull :(
Isn't there a function similar to 'Subdivide faces' like in 3DE for the .col file?

Date: October 14, 2005 10:40PM
I don't think so, but then again, I don't know that much about ZM unfortunately...

I have a question for you actually Ruboy, with jip mappings did you come across errors with the pits when you redid the interlagos track?

Currently my oval is being held back by bad rails and even worse jip mappings in the pitlane, in that they won't display past the fences begin flag...
Date: October 15, 2005 12:00AM
Posted by: Ruboy
No, everything was fine. The only thing which is annoying atm is the testing ingame several times if it is displayed like I wish to have it.
One thing I have found out, is that JipMapping for pitlane are displayed between the sectors with 'Pit Lane Start' and 'Pit Lane End' flags. E.g. JipMappings will show up from pit lane sector 5 if this sector has the 'Pit Lane Start' flag (-> pit lane sectors 0-4 won't show JipMappings).

Date: October 15, 2005 04:43PM
I don't know too much about .col files. But if you want to subdivide vertex, you have to select it using square selection. After selecting it go to modify->Break and then pulse on the vertex. This works in the same way for porlys.
Note: I unsderstand for slice that it means to break or cut something for example
"I sliced a piece of meat"
Sorry this is my english Knowledge XD

GP4-ARGENTINA
Date: October 15, 2005 04:53PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I have created a new cc-line with the new version of 3DEditor so it will be perfect ingame, hopefully. Can somebody take a look to my dat file and see if i have made mistakes? This the link to the dat file: Circuit

Thanks in advance.
Date: October 16, 2005 01:34PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have created a new cc-line with the new version
> of 3DEditor so it will be perfect ingame,
> hopefully. Can somebody take a look to my dat file
> and see if i have made mistakes? This the link to
> the dat file: Circuit
>
> Thanks in advance.

after a quick look you have both connect pitlane start/ pitlane end flags in the track sectors before pit...delete the pitlane ends here..

Date: October 16, 2005 07:33PM
For those interested in the ctd-on-escape issue, I have explained in this thread : [www.grandprixgames.org] and patrickc is looking into the issue further to determine exactly what causes the problems, and a possible fix for the future. I would look into it myself, but I don't really have the time to do a complete set of tests.
Date: October 17, 2005 11:38AM
Posted by: Auradrummer
I'm using a custom cars.wad too, and when I tested with CSM that crash don't happened. Could be problem with memory allocation?

Lo2K: Man, with that "track profiler" I abandoned my smoothing calculations, but I'll ask you two more features :D. First, is that one mouse click selects the sector, and so we can move its heights with keyboard shortcuts, this would make our editings more accurate. The second is make the lateral profiles editable too, to generate banks more easily.

I'm reproducing now the real Tarumã track, and I can say that 3DEditor opened all the possibilities to make a really professional track, unless we have another compilation problem (like those .bin) that I still noticed. Great great work Laurent!
Date: October 17, 2005 12:13PM
Posted by: b-tone
yeah, the profiler is quite amazing! :)

____
Tony

Date: October 17, 2005 09:18PM
Posted by: jonny
I've just started a track, and was wondering,how do i move the pitlane sector 1&2 from somewhere i don't want to somewhere i do? I can't seem to drag it. I follow Mavericks tutorial v0.51

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk
Date: October 17, 2005 09:35PM
Click on displace, and then move sector 1 to where you want it, then displace sector 2, and then click on a track sector and find out the orientation, and place that value in the pitlane sectors
Date: October 17, 2005 09:36PM
Posted by: jonny
Thanks :D I'll do cc line first though. :) I cant get the pitlane sector lined up with th straight s/f line. Could be great if someonecould do it for me :) give me there adress and ill send the dat. im such a nOob

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2005 09:55PM by jonny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy