Date: October 22, 2005 05:42PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
zeppelin101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Follow my tutorial on realgpx.com, that should
> give you some pointers

[rapidshare.de]
>
it takes practice jonny...you will have help in zepplins cc line guide....
keep at it ...it will be worth while..

>
> OH MY GOD! England have won something! It won't
> last, quick, get wasted!!!!
> (\__/) Beware the evil bunny|
> (='.'=) <|
> (";)_(";)
> email back, damn spyware...
> Getting a new pc, mesh gamer amd 4800+ (sli) with
> a 7800 gtx, damn that'll be quick
>
> James Allen - "If we were playing cricket, the
> umpire would have called bad light, but we're not
> playing cricket, we're racing cars at 200 mph"
> Talk about stating the obvious you prat

Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: October 22, 2005 06:10PM
Posted by: jonny
I'll have a go...

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk
Date: October 22, 2005 07:45PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Ruboy: Yep, well done. X/Y size boxes are in fact X/Y position ones...
I fixed it for next version : /

Date: October 23, 2005 01:38AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
@Ruboy: Would you be interested in sorting out a little problem for me since you seem to have some understanding of jip markings?

Basically, I have the markings that appear at Indy, but only up until the pit banks start, have you any ideas? Jip mappings are the only part of te I haven't dug into yet, and I probably won't either but...
Date: October 23, 2005 01:43AM
Posted by: Auradrummer
I think that somebody that knows about jip mapping could make some tutorial. I never worked with it, and dont know the possiblities. Can I write something at the tarmac?
Date: October 23, 2005 01:46AM
Basically the markings determine grid boxes, pitlane maps etc. etc. but I've never looked that deep into them so I don't know too much about the topic.

I'll need some input from someone though when I get round to it in my all-in-one tutorial...
Date: October 23, 2005 11:37AM
Posted by: Ruboy
I have used Maverick's tutorial to create them - it's not that difficult. If you want I can try to help you, but atm I have no time to make a tutorial.

@Zeppelin: Do you mean the JipMappings on the original Indy track or on a new/created track based on Indy?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2005 11:40AM by Ruboy.
Date: October 23, 2005 12:07PM
The oval, it was easier to use the indy markings because the place already is an oval, but it's based on hockenheim, it's quite odd that they just disappear as soon as the pit banks come in though...
Date: October 23, 2005 12:23PM
Posted by: Ruboy
I haven't got a clue about this atm. I'll have look at it when you release your oval.

Date: October 23, 2005 01:30PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Just a quick question.
What do I do when the tarmac suddenly disappears?

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: October 23, 2005 02:21PM
Disappears where? If it disappears toward the end of the lap, delete the last sector of the track, create .bin files, then add that sector again and it should be fine :)
Date: October 23, 2005 07:14PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I've got a problem. I have made a 3ds file from my circuit dat, but if i want to import the 3ds file from my circuit dat in ZModeler, he doesn't see the file. If i type the name of the 3ds file manually ZModeler say's that the file doesn't have a 3ds filter. Hopefully can someone create a gp4 file from the 3ds file for me, this is my dat file: CIRCUIT

Thanks in advance.
Date: October 23, 2005 10:20PM
zeppelin101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Disappears where? If it disappears toward the end
> of the lap, delete the last sector of the track,
> create .bin files, then add that sector again and
> it should be fine
>

hmmm. I load the .dat delete the last track sector and export to .bin. I close 3ded without saving the .dat. When I open the .bin there's no gap between last and first sector. Anyway I put the files in the right places and started GP4. Alas, the tarmac at the end part of the track is still invisible... I must have done something wrong. Can you help me again?

Date: October 23, 2005 10:23PM
Still invisible? Hmmm...

What have you changed in the .gp4? Have you reimported the TRACKxx sectors from the .dat? It's possible that the .dat and .gp4 don't match up unless you're starting from scratch...
Date: October 24, 2005 09:38AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Ok, I've just tested two tracks (Tom's oval and one by Kizz that it's named Tracketh ;)), and I got a CTD on Kizz' when I hit Esc.

I don't know how much into development the technical part of Kizz' track is, but I got default GP4 which means it shouldn't CTD. Well, don't know of how much importance this is :P
Date: October 24, 2005 08:00PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I've got a problem. I have made a 3ds file from my circuit dat, but if i want to import the 3ds file from my circuit dat in ZModeler, he doesn't see the file. If i type the name of the 3ds file manually ZModeler say's that the file doesn't have a 3ds filter. Hopefully can someone create a gp4 file from the 3ds file for me, this is my dat file: CIRCUIT

Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2005 08:28PM by Turbo Lover.
Date: October 24, 2005 08:33PM
Seems like your ZM is missing something. Try to reinstall it, the 3ds filter is present in every version of ZM.

Date: October 24, 2005 08:41PM
Posted by: NS
grr, saved my track (the monza with no chicanes) and it worked, so after that i played around with the trackprofiler because mysteriously the track is going up and down at the parts where i editted the chicanes while not editting hights, and after a while i just pushed ctrl-s, without making a backup and tried it and now i get a CTD =/ well... have to do some parts again :P

[edit]

nevermind, it's working again, had to put debug mode in gpxpatch to 'off'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2005 09:48PM by NS.
Date: October 25, 2005 12:27AM
Posted by: NS
and now is my track crashing when pushing 'escape' exept when i pause the game! then it goes back to the menu like normal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy