Schumi Return

Posted by elpasho2005f1 
Re: Schumi Return
Date: August 05, 2009 08:22PM
Posted by: n00binio
IWE schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was prety much whole team beeing in problems
> during 2005 season because of tyre rule.

good point, i forgot about rubens having pretty much the same problems

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: August 05, 2009 08:42PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Of course its new. He had to test first to confirm any neck problems,and now that he has tested,he says his neck pinches which may cause him to fail his medical. Do you get how this is new?
Date: August 05, 2009 09:12PM
Posted by: IWE
No! His manager said already in the first place that Schumacher WONT drive at all, because of neck problem. Already before test session it was told he might not drive in Valencia, but he is atleast trying hard.. And so on. Things told today arent anything new. Seems like MS is just too big character for "small thing" like F1 so same news have to be told 10 times.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 05, 2009 11:30PM
Posted by: tripleM
precautionary or not there's an apocryphal story of Schumacher cracking a vertebra in his neck in Suzuka in 1991 and also "rumors" that he suffered a similar injury in a fall this year

and indeed, his comeback right from the start has been dependent on passing a medical

Date: August 06, 2009 01:06AM
Posted by: JonVic
Schumacher will race in Valencia i am sure of it. It is natural for him to have these issues especially in light of his injuries. He will be on the grid in Spain you wait and see!

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: August 06, 2009 12:45PM
Posted by: LS.
Michael Schumacher’s spokeswoman has sought to defuse some of the hype surrounding the seven-time world champion’s Formula 1 comeback by pointing out that it is “not yet certain” that he will pass the necessary fitness checks.

Schumacher is preparing to step into the Ferrari race seat vacated by the injured Felipe Massa, and said on Tuesday that he was relishing the challenge of returning to competitive F1 action.

At the same time, however, he admitted that his neck – injured in a motorcycle accident in February – was hurting a little after he completed 67 laps of Mugello in a 2007 Ferrari last Friday.

He added that he would have to satisfy his wife and Ferrari that his physical condition was strong enough to race again.

“We have to get a grip on that as health has priority – that’s the clear arrangement made with Ferrari and, by the way, with my wife, too,” he said.

Schumacher’s spokeswoman Sabine Kehm added a further cautionary note in comments to the German media.

“It’s not yet certain that his neck will hold up and the comeback can be started,” she said.

“His return depends on medical examinations which have yet to take place.

“Only after these tests will it be clear whether he will be able to drive.”

It is understood that the date of the medical checks will not be made public in order to avoid a media frenzy of the kind that surrounded Schumacher’s recovery from a broken leg in 1999.

James Allen, who has written an acclaimed biography of F1’s most successful driver, told itv.com/f1: “Michael has a history of neck and back problems, going back to the 2005 season.

“It not only affected his driving that year, but more importantly, it limited his physical training too, one of the cornerstones of his approach to racing.

“It contributed to his feeling that 2006 was the right time to retire.

“The neck injury he received this year has been stabilised to the point where he is able to do the normal things in life, but to race an F1 car in back-to-back grands prix at Valencia and Spa will be a serious challenge and he will not do it if the doctors say that it is ill-advised.”

While the neck pains are clearly a concern to the Schumacher camp, the likelihood is still that the 40-year-old – who set new standards of fitness during his F1 career – will be cleared to race.

He has embarked on an intensive training programme to prepare himself for his return and revealed on Tuesday that he has already lost three kilos in body weight.

He spent Wednesday karting in Lonato, Italy, with the Tony Kart team and Ferrari test driver Luca Badoer.

“There is nothing better for my preparations at the moment – in terms of steering wheel forces, for example, karting is even more difficult than Formula 1,” Schumacher told his website.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 06, 2009 01:00PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Careful on that news LS - IWE might slaughter you for bringing old news to the forum.
Date: August 06, 2009 01:05PM
Posted by: Monza972
LS. Wrote:
> He added that he would have to satisfy his wife
> and Ferrari that his physical condition was strong
> enough to race again.

;)
Date: August 06, 2009 02:07PM
Posted by: The Lopper
ROFL Monil, the way I read what you quoted, it looked as though MS was worried about being able to "satisfy his wife". (Fullstop)

Then again, that shouldn't come as a surprise considering he is one of the fastest GP drivers of all time...

...ooh, is it past the watershed mortal? ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2009 02:07PM by The Lopper.
Date: August 06, 2009 04:29PM
Posted by: antihero
Monza972 schreef:
> LS. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He added that he would have to satisfy his wife
> > and Ferrari that his physical condition was
> strong
> > enough to race again.
>
>
> ;)

Haha epic!

Bring back the racing
Date: August 07, 2009 12:00AM
Posted by: senninho
LS. Wrote:
> He added that he would have to satisfy his wife
[...]
> James Allen, who has written an acclaimed
> biography of F1’s most successful driver
[...]
> “There is nothing better for my preparations at
> the moment” [...] Schumacher told his website.

Misquoting FTW. Hey, i could work for a redtop ;)

(DISCLAIMER - I'm actually looking forward to him coming back. I just couldn't resist...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2009 12:01AM by senninho.
Date: August 07, 2009 02:27AM
Posted by: dierome
Will Ferrari win this year? Or will it be the first time since 1993 that the scuderia doesn't win a race?

I reckon that with Schumacher on board again, Ferrari's chances of winning in 2009 may have turned out a lot better...
Although I think Massa and Schumacher would have done a far better job together........I just don't know what happened to Kimi........I miss his McLaren days......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2009 02:52AM by dierome.
Date: August 07, 2009 03:13PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
I think Kimi got content with his career after winning the title in 2007.
Date: August 07, 2009 03:19PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i really hope Kimi gets some motivation from Michael's return and we see him close to his best again, it would be very embarrassing for him to be beaten easily by Schumacher, so I think he would want to avoid this.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 07, 2009 11:27PM
Posted by: Lex
SchueyFan schrieb:
> i really hope Kimi gets some motivation from
> Michael's return and we see him close to his best
> again, it would be very embarrassing for him to be
> beaten easily by Schumacher, so I think he would
> want to avoid this.

It would be great, but it seems Kimi doesn't really care about F1 anymore.

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: August 08, 2009 12:37AM
Posted by: chet
Spa is going to be a monumental battle!! How awesome would it be for the 44 laps or whatever to be contested over for 1st between Lewis, Kimi, and Schumacher!!! Go Schumacher!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 08, 2009 01:16AM
Posted by: -Senna-
Spa, if it rains, would be awesome! Last year we had exactly the conditions that MS, if he'd been driving, would've exploited massively.
He certainly would've been much faster than Massa and would've kept it pointing in a better direction than Kimi. :P
Date: August 08, 2009 01:42AM
Posted by: dierome
Ferrari should definitely ask Raikkonen to raise his game or go...........I never thought I would say this, but having him at the No.3 Ferrari is becoming a waste of seat.......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 03:11AM by dierome.
Date: August 08, 2009 03:29AM
Posted by: EC83
dierome Wrote:
> Ferrari should definitely ask Raikkonen to raise
> his game or go...........I never thought I would
> say this, but having him at the No.3 Ferrari is
> becoming a waste of seat.......

Er, the #4 Ferrari. But yeah, your point stands 100%. This year, and most of last year, he's generally been shocking. There was a significant improvement at the Hungaroring though, I really hope that continues.

Date: August 08, 2009 03:11PM
Posted by: micky-cannonball
Kimi raikkonen is a great driver, i admit it. although i wonder if that ferrari f1 car doesnt suit well to his driving style, though we could say ferrari mostly produces a great quality of racing car for so many years. its just i think that the right team for kimi is mclaren. because he was greater their than he was now on ferrari. and even putting a mid-field car on to the top(season 04 etc..) but now, with ferrari winning car most noticeable (season 07(was just a luck!) season 08) he can't get into his edge... not just like his mclaren era. and im not saying kimi raikkonen lost his edge...its just his style and the way he drives, isn't really fit for ferrari. im betting if he is on mclaren until now...he could out-paced lewis hamilton, thats forsure! hope a schumi-return on ferrari as his team mate would put pressure on him to perform even more..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 03:16PM by micky-cannonball.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy