Date: August 02, 2009 11:28PM
Posted by: senninho
Peat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NelsonPiquet Twitter: Felipe Massa said he wants
> to drive in Valencia. I told you his eys would be
> ok! Is everybody here following @Forza_Felipe,
> right?

Wanting to and being able to are very different things, of course. I still wouldn't be surprised if he misses the rest of the season.

Re: Schumi Return
Date: August 03, 2009 04:47AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Schumi? GO RALF!!!!!

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: August 03, 2009 08:12AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
EC83 Wrote:
> Which could lead nicely into...
>
>
> ;)

Which is just another way of saying "I know I am the best!" which he clearly was and could still be ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2009 08:13AM by Ho3n3r.
Date: August 03, 2009 01:25PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I think we won't see Felipe racing soon, his eye don't look good enough yet, here is picture from todays interview:
[img.mtv3.fi]

but other than that he walks and talks perfectly :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2009 01:28PM by vesuvius.
Date: August 03, 2009 04:23PM
Posted by: Stan
The Williams team has opposed Ferrari's request to allow Michael Schumacher to test ahead of his return to Formula 1 at the European Grand Prix, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

Ferrari had asked all current teams, as well as the FIA, to allow Schumacher to have a one-day test with this year's F60 car to familiarise himself with the machine.

Schumacher drove a two-year-old F2007 fitted with GP2 tyres at the Mugello circuit last week, the German having not driven F1 machinery since last year.

The seven-time champion, replacing the injured Felipe Massa in the Valencia race later this month, retired from F1 competition at the end of 2006.

Williams said it is opposing Ferrari's request because it clearly contravenes the regulations, which state testing is not allowed during the season.

"While we welcome Michael Schumacher back to Formula 1, the fact is that any form of in-season circuit testing is strictly prohibited; a regulation clearly laid out by the FIA and adhered to by all of the teams," said team boss Frank Williams.

"It was for this reason that Alguersuari, who drove an F1 car for the very first time in Hungary, did not have the opportunity to familiarise himself with the Toro Rosso before he made his race debut.

"Williams sees no distinction between Alguersuari's situation and Schumacher's and feels that any deviation from the rule would create a precedent for the future.

"In a similar situation, Williams would unhesitatingly use its current test driver. For the sake of consistency and fairness, therefore, we oppose Ferrari's proposal to test ahead of the European Grand Prix."

Ferrari needed the unanimous approval of all teams to get Schumacher to test, which means the German will not be able to try the F60 before the Valencia event.

Date: August 03, 2009 04:37PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
"It was for this reason that Alguersuari, who drove an F1 car for the very first time in Hungary, did not have the opportunity to familiarise himself with the Toro Rosso before he made his race debut."

Well according to Norbert Haug, Toro Rosso didn't even apply for a test for Jaime, so, unless Williams knows something Haug doesn't, this particular point, fairly central to his whole argument, is useless.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 03, 2009 05:24PM
Posted by: Guimengo
The bit where they say it would be logic to use the test driver who drove the car stands out to me, Ed.

Also Ferrari may be in trouble for giving Schumi that F2007 with GP2 slicks, exactly for the tires.
Date: August 03, 2009 05:53PM
Turns out Red Bull/Toro Rosso have now come out in opposition of him testing. Apparently, they did ask for permission for Alguesuari to test, but were told no.

Date: August 03, 2009 06:13PM
Posted by: J-C-2
I expected they would make all sort of obsticals to Schumy before Valencia.
I think its very low form and it could have improved safety.
Besides what would make such a difference testing 1 day?? Maybe he can merrily get familiar with the car steering wheel controls.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I know its GP4 but the center peace of the wheel is based on the real F60
steering wheel. I know this because i maid the Gp4 steering wheel

My 2 cents.

Cheers :)

Gp4world aka: Jcaranti
Racing Generation: Web Admin
WE OPENED AGAIN, COME AND JOIN US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2009 06:14PM by J-C-2.
Date: August 03, 2009 06:51PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
senninho Wrote:
> Apparently, they did
> ask for permission for Alguesuari to test, but
> were told no.

Well that's different, if they did ask and were declined, there's no way Schumacher should get it.

Guimengo Wrote:
> The bit where they say it would be logic to use
> the test driver who drove the car stands out to
> me, Ed.

Good point - i misread that bit the first time. and now that red bull claim that STR did apply for a test, Williams argument is much more valid.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 03, 2009 06:53PM
SchueyFan Wrote:
> senninho Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Apparently, they did
> > ask for permission for Alguesuari to test, but
> > were told no.
>
> Well that's different, if they did ask and were
> declined, there's no way Schumacher should get it.

Agreed - seeing as there was a precedent, he shouldn't get special treatment. After all, he is one of the most experienced drivers in F1 history, and definitely the most successful, so who's to say he really needs it?

@J-C-2 - Ferrari say he'll be in the simulator, so i dare say it'll have the correct wheel at the very least.

Date: August 03, 2009 06:58PM
Posted by: J-C-2
senninho Wrote:
> @J-C-2 - Ferrari say he'll be in the simulator, so
> i dare say it'll have the correct wheel at the
> very least.

How good is the Ferrari simulator?
I know the mclaren one is the best but dont know Ferrari.

Gp4world aka: Jcaranti
Racing Generation: Web Admin
WE OPENED AGAIN, COME AND JOIN US.
Date: August 03, 2009 07:01PM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
Williams vetoes chance of Schumi F60 Test ITVF1

Williams has stated its opposition to Ferrari’s request for Michael Schumacher to be allowed to test its 2009 car ahead of his return to Formula 1 competition at the European Grand Prix.

Schumacher’s run in a two-year-old F2007 at Mugello last Friday was his first outing in an F1 car since April 2008, and the seven-time world champion has therefore never driven Ferrari’s current F60 machine.

The Maranello squad had sought permission from rival teams and the FIA for Schumacher to be given a one-day test in the F60.

But Williams says such a move would contravene F1’s sporting regulations, which prohibit in-season testing except for straightline and demonstration runs.

The Grove-based team believes it would be unfair to grant Schumacher a special familiarisation test when no such allowance was made for 19-year-old rookie Jaime Alguersuari, who made his F1 debut at the Hungarian Grand Prix having never previously driven the Toro Rosso around a circuit.

“While we welcome Michael Schumacher back to Formula 1, the fact is that any form of in-season circuit testing is strictly prohibited – a regulation clearly laid out by the FIA and adhered to by all of the teams,” said Williams in a statement.

“It was for this reason that Alguersuari, who drove an F1 car for the very first time in Hungary, did not have the opportunity to familiarise himself with the Toro Rosso before he made his race debut.

“Williams F1 sees no distinction between Alguersuari’s situation and Schumacher’s and feels that any deviation from the rule would create a precedent for the future.

“In a similar situation, Williams F1 would unhesitatingly use its current test driver.

“For the sake of consistency and fairness, therefore, we oppose Ferrari’s proposal to test ahead of the European Grand Prix.”

Mercedes-Benz boss Norbert Haug said over the weekend that he favoured allowing Schumacher a familiarisation test.

While Williams is the first team to voice its opposition, it is understood that some other outfits share its misgivings.

Since Ferrari has failed to obtain the unanimous agreement of its rival teams, Schumacher will have to continue his preparations in older machinery.

The 40-year-old German completed 67 laps of Mugello last Friday using an F2007 fitted with GP2 slick tyres.
Date: August 03, 2009 07:39PM
They could give him the F 399 fitted with slicks and better engine :P
Date: August 03, 2009 07:49PM
Posted by: Karan
Well Frank does make some valid points but I think there are some underlying motives here that he's hitting back on. Perhaps something to do with Williams getting kicked out of FOTA earlier this summer?

Date: August 03, 2009 08:27PM
Posted by: flat tyre
There are some photos of Massa boarding the place back home on this page, I don't think he'll be back for a while yet:

[www.express.co.uk]-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: August 03, 2009 08:50PM
Posted by: Slash
wow, poor Massa, it must be very strange to have your life changes so much and not remmeber anything, i mean now he can't drive and needs to start to recover and to train to be fit so he can get back to driving again and he has no idea of why he needs to do it, i mean yeah he's watching the videos and everybody is telling him and explining him what happened but it mus be very strange because that's something you need to believe even thou you don't know it happened

crazy how your life can change in one second

cheers for Massa and hopefully he'll be back next year
Date: August 03, 2009 09:12PM
Posted by: Karan
Yeah I watched that interview of him on BBC and [f1.gpupdate.net], he definitely still looks a bit worse for wear.
Unfortunately its very common for facial trauma incidents like this, to lose complete memory or recollection of events before AND during the impact. Probably Heikki had a similiar case during his Barcelona crash as well.

Date: August 03, 2009 09:20PM
Posted by: gav
Karan Wrote:
> Yeah I watched that interview of him on BBC and
> [f1.gpupdate.net], he definitely still
> looks a bit worse for wear.

Considering he got smashed in the face by an 800g lump of metal, crashed at ~120mph into a tyre wall and was in a life-threatening condition in a coma a week ago, I think he looks fantastic!
Date: August 04, 2009 01:19AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy