Schumi Return

Posted by elpasho2005f1 
Re: Schumi Return
Date: August 08, 2009 05:42PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
Eveybody thinks kimi has lost , what made him great in the mclaren days. dont see it that way ,guys .... kimi was in the championship battle last years until SPA , and was about to overtake massa i think , in the champonship if it hasn't started to rain. what about his huuuge lead at magny cours 2008, what about montreal 2008 where lewis hit him ..
as for this year the guy has made a single mistake (at the aussy grand prix ) , but hey , so did M.S. in 2006 at the same occasion ,right.
i think kimi is the same guy , same motivation , and we'll soon see what he's capable of.

P.S. I am not a raikkonen fan !
Date: August 08, 2009 07:50PM
Posted by: superchargednut
Kimi has been on-par with Massa this year.

Date: August 08, 2009 10:36PM
Posted by: dierome
That's the thing!!! I rate Kimi very highly......He was unstoppable in 2005......His championship charge that year was one of the most memorable ones of the decade.......What about Suzuka 2005???? He didn't win the championship because of McLaren's poor reliability........

He shouldn't be on-par with Massa... He should be consistently outperforming him (I don't mean to be trashing Massa or anything, Felipe himself has proven to be a good driver too)...If Massa and Ferrari thought they could win in Hungary, why did Kimi finish 2nd then?

I do think Ferrari may not suit Kimi's style after all.......He did win the 2007 championship with them but I think it was more of a matter of Hamilton and McLaren losing it rather than Kimi winning it......

Let's hope Schumacher is Ferrari's way to tell Kimi to perform or go.........
Date: August 09, 2009 12:44AM
Posted by: vesuvius
dierome Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's the thing!!! I rate Kimi very
> highly......He was unstoppable in 2005......His
> championship charge that year was one of the most
> memorable ones of the decade.......What about
> Suzuka 2005???? He didn't win the championship
> because of McLaren's poor reliability........
>
> He shouldn't be on-par with Massa... He should be
> consistently outperforming him (I don't mean to be
> trashing Massa or anything, Felipe himself has
> proven to be a good driver too)...If Massa and
> Ferrari thought they could win in Hungary, why did
> Kimi finish 2nd then?
>
> I do think Ferrari may not suit Kimi's style after
> all.......He did win the 2007 championship with
> them but I think it was more of a matter of
> Hamilton and McLaren losing it rather than Kimi
> winning it......
>
> Let's hope Schumacher is Ferrari's way to tell
> Kimi to perform or go.........

Kimi has been quite good this year but the fact is F60 isn't a fast car. at Hungary Ferrari didn't have the pace to win, Massa was slower than Kimi most part of the weekend and Kimi couldn't challenge Lewis and one of the reasons for that was because on his car engine exhaust was broken for most part of the race so they had to low rpm's to avoid engine blow.

it's true that Ferrari hasn't suited for Kimi's style, 2007 and 2008 cars were made in a same philosophy that former Ferrari cars that were build for Schumacher and Kimi and Schumi have very different style so that never did fit for Kimi. F60 has suited better for Kimi but because of Kers he has never have the option to use the ballast as he wants and that has hammered him unlike Felipe who could use ballast as he wish.Kimi has this year have some nice performances, specially the qualifying at Monaco were he beated Felipe 0,5 seconds with heavier fuel load, was a similar performance to his 2005 season =) also Kimi has had edge over Felipe this year on most of other qualifyings, it's just that the races haven't gone so well because of either problems on the car or some bad strategy by the team and driver.

and what comes to 2007 Kimi did deserve to win the title, he did win 6 races (2 more than anyone else that season)and he was clearly the best on 2nd half of the season he scored 78 points in last 10 races (and got 1dnf at europe that he could have also won) so don't tell the bulls*it that he didn't win the title.

yeah I do admit his Ferrari years have been dissapointing despitate the title but he hasn't been all that bad that some people here try to claim, he is still fast and can win if the car is good enough for that.Kimi vs Michael will be something special to watch :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2009 12:46AM by vesuvius.
Date: August 09, 2009 12:44AM
another thing about kimi and his ferrari situation for me personally is , that he is not developing , if i can say it like this. Look at massa , he's going to the main factory , talking to engineers, talking to schumacher ,taking advices and respectively , improving and improving . He learns think about the driving and other track situation stuffs from the 16 ears experiance of michael. He is also getting closer to the team , as attitude ,and has motivation to drive not only for him , but also for ferrari. If i say it with schumacher's words , felippe " is getting part of the ferrari family ".

raikkonen on the other hand has his great driving abilities , but at one point like the end of the last season and the beginning of this one , he has nothing to drive for because he's lost all chances for the champonchip. Massa meanwhile keeps fighting like hell ,because the teams matters to him as much as his own proud.

Now that the championchip is over for kimi once again , all of a sudden he has another motivation (probably even greater than the championchip ) .... and it called "Beating michael schumacher, beating the most succesful , and for sure one of the top 3 best drivers of all times. "
If kimi doesnt perform well now , well , then maybe it really is time for him to go , and alonso or someone else to take his place.

:)
Date: August 09, 2009 02:33AM
Posted by: dierome
I never meant to say that Kimi did not deserve the 2007 title. However, the truth is, had McLaren supported Alonso all along, or had Hamilton not screwed up in China, they would have won the championship. Kimi kept his cool in those last races of the season, took advantage of the McLaren turmoil and won the championship. A rightfully deserved championship, no doubt about it. However, it just wasn't the way one would have expected the guy to win it (I, and a lot of people in this forum, thought he would win his championships la Schumacher, that's all...)

And I fully agree with mitadumapaga's post.....It seems he couldn't care less about the whole situation......It's a shame.......If he were as committed as Alonso or Massa, he would be unbeatable........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2009 02:40AM by dierome.
Date: August 09, 2009 02:56PM
Posted by: JonVic
I have never seen what all the fuss was about with Raikkonen. The guy has not been anything special in my opinion and generally his attitude sucks. He is rude and unhelpful to people and thinks he has a right to behave as he sees fit.

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: August 09, 2009 05:13PM
Posted by: IWE
I wouldnt be exactly so rude even I dislike this driver a lot. He was promising driver and did seem to be a nice guy.. But I think people are seriously underrating his McLaren cars (specially 2005 one). Many tecnical failures, but if beeing realistic with different drivers McLaren might have won a lot more.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 09, 2009 05:28PM
Posted by: JonVic
Are you saying i was rude IWE?

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2009 05:30PM by JonVic.
Date: August 09, 2009 05:58PM
Posted by: IWE
Some Kimi-fans might think so.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 09, 2009 11:12PM
i think there is no reason to argue here.
everthing will show after 2 weeks
If muchael outperforms kimi, then.......... it's "asta la vista baby " for the finn i guess.
Date: August 09, 2009 11:39PM
Posted by: EC83
This return is a great chance for Michael to exorcise a few ghosts from his main career regarding who he has for a teammate. We'll see how he really measures up against Kimi who is still one of the top drivers of the post-Micheal generation. I never liked the way he always had a teammate before who was basically duty-bound to be his #2.
I can't wait to see how he gets on in a situation where he actually has to compete against his teammate.

Date: August 09, 2009 11:53PM
Posted by: gav
Personally, if he measures up to Kimi at all in the time he's covering Massa, I think he'll have done a fantastic job.

It's all too easy to be caught up in the hype and feel he'll take the challenge to Kimi, but it's not going to be at all easy. He's not raced on 3 of the tracks at all, never driven this car (so he's learning both), has never had Rob Smedley as a race engineer ("Michael Baby, stay cool"...? ;))... I know the guy is possibly the best driver of the past decade, and certainly the most successful, but it's going to be a hell of a job to just step in and carry on where Massa left off.

Kids learn faster than adults, so he's not going to do a Spa '91 mkII.

Matching Kimi towards the end of his stint in the car will be a well-earned achievement in my opinion.
Date: August 10, 2009 02:11AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
IWE schreef:
> I wouldnt be exactly so rude even I dislike this
> driver a lot. He was promising driver and did seem
> to be a nice guy.. But I think people are
> seriously underrating his McLaren cars (specially
> 2005 one). Many tecnical failures, but if beeing
> realistic with different drivers McLaren might
> have won a lot more.

You can't call 7 wins in a season bad, and I doubt other drivers would win alot more then that, he retired from the lead in Imola, Hockenheim, and Nürburgring, the last one was his own fault indirectly, but the other 2 where just bad luck, also changing the engine at Silverstone, Magny Cours, Monza and Japan did not help, at Japan he won, at Monza he was on his way to a close duel with Montoya for the win untill his tyre had a problem (Montoya had the same problem with 1 or 2 laps to go). And then there's Malaysia where he had a puncture which cost him some points. So the only way other drivers could have won more is not to have bad luck, which the Mclaren just had, even Montoya had it. But I agree, he did change at Ferrari, he just doesn't fit in as nicely as he did in his Mclaren period.

Date: August 10, 2009 05:06PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
gav Wrote:
> He's not raced on 3
> of the tracks at all,

I doubt this will be a problem much. When drivers have made their debuts in the past, (e.g. Hamilton at Melbourne 2007), they have had few problems getting up to speed on any certain track. Having said that, Hamilton did know the car, which would have made it easier for him, but Schumacher's experience should counter this.

Also, one of those 3 tracks is new for everyone anyway.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 10, 2009 05:17PM
Yeah, I did say though that he's not going to pick things up as quickly as a youngster would, and indeed as he did. A 40 year old tends to be a good bit slower at learning than an 20 year old.

I even find that in sim-racing. I used to be up to a competitive pace on a new track in a dozen laps. Now I can practice for hours before learning to the same degree. Granted, the similarities are quite a way apart, and he will have the simulators so it probably won't affect him too much, but put all the small disadvantages he'll suffer together and I think being 2 to 3 tenths off of Kimi in Q2 would be an OK performance. I expect him to be on the fringes of getting into Q3... probably just inside.

Getting solidly into Q3 and/or beating Kimi for genuine pace would be one hell of a comeback in my opinion.
Date: August 10, 2009 05:31PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, I can understand that, but i think learning the car will be much more difficult than the track.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both Ferraris in Q3, as i would expect all the ferrari crew working flat out (apart from the 2 week factory closure of course) to bring some new updates to the car.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 10, 2009 07:03PM
They won't be working that hard on the F60. They'll be onto the 2010 car soon enough. They were going to give up on 2009 early. Current developments will probably be with a view to testing ideas for next years car, so might be a bit compromised.
Date: August 10, 2009 07:25PM
Posted by: chet
I would like them to develop the 09 car still. I would like to see Ferrari give Schumacher a winning car. I am getting quite excited about his return. When he left I didnt think too much of it, and uptill his return that was true, but there is something appealing about him coming back. Now we just need Jacuqes to get Piquet's seat and Mika to replace Kova ;)! Maybe get Hill and Alesi back into for a couple races :p Perfect!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 10, 2009 08:15PM
everyone is getting so excited. Imagine kimi and michael collide at the first corner , like alonso and nakajima did, last year. xaxaxaxaxaxa

half of the people will shut their tv's off :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy