Singapore GP Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Singapore GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 08, 2008 12:02AM
Posted by: Sapo
At least they won't have had e-mail trouble in the pre-96 era I guess? ;)

Bernie's answer is masterful. PWNT.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: October 08, 2008 01:23AM
Posted by: EC83
Apparently MS got a total shock when he went to Ferrari RE the disorganisation. Members of the team were apparently sitting about drinking coffee when the latest test was meant to be getting underway.

Date: October 08, 2008 10:53AM
Posted by: Ali
[en.f1-live.com]

This put some more doubt about Alonso's possibilities last year to win, if I remember well, both drivers were fighting for the championship... how sad.

I like the Senna comparison. :-o !!!
Date: October 08, 2008 11:16AM
Posted by: marcl
He really needs to stop coming out with these silly things, he is making people not like him.

If you ever go on the coaster Silver Star in Germany its really funny. There are pictures of every driver that won for Merc, apart from Alonso its just a blank picture.

Japan last year Alonso spun out the race not much Mclaren can do about that is there?
Date: October 08, 2008 11:31AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Drivers should be confident, but never cocky.

Fangio said something along the lines of "You must aim to be the best, but never believe you are"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 08, 2008 11:36AM
Posted by: marwood82
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He really needs to stop coming out with these
> silly things, he is making people not like him.
>

true, but of course we are all making an assumption that that is actually what he said. (i understand this was Bild he was 'quoted' in)
Date: October 08, 2008 11:49AM
Senna always said he would never be as good as Fangio no matter how many titles he won.

Tbh we dont really know if Lewis said them things but they way he has been going on he probably did. In a way I hope he dont win this year or his head is going to get even bigger.

Drivers need to believe they are the best and can beat anyone or what is the point. And I agree with what Dave just said.
Date: October 08, 2008 01:09PM
marcl Wrote:
> Japan last year Alonso spun out the race not much
> Mclaren can do about that is there?

Of course, but it is a question of being "sensitive". Alonso was still fighting for the champ. Was 11 points behind if I remember well and 2 races to go. It was a significant difference but not that big, but with this things they clearly state that they wanted Lewis to win, and as soon and as "cool" as possible. This year they just confirmed Lewis is their nÂș1 driver (ironically, something they have always criticized).

Anyway, Hamilton is not proving to be that good to say such things about "balls", "how good I am in wet conditions", "As good as Senna"... we'll see in the future.
Date: October 08, 2008 01:38PM
They dont want to make the same mistakes as last year do they? I dont agree with this no1 driver thing. But I am sure if they are running 1-2 with Kovy leading with 2 laps to go they wont move him over. Kovy can not win the championship so more attention will go to Lewis, its just one of them things.

I have to agree I dont think Lewis has done as well this year as last, he had made more errors.

If you had a driver in your team that kept on slagging you off would you support them? I still think alonso was lucky they did not drop him before the end of the year like Ferrari done with Prost. Just my view.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2008 01:42PM by marcl.
Date: October 08, 2008 01:41PM
Posted by: gav
Was Alonso slagging them off?
Date: October 08, 2008 01:42PM
To the press yes he was, well thats what the press said anyway.

Thats all we have to go by really.

Tbh I dont know why we are going over last year again lol.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2008 01:45PM by marcl.
Date: October 08, 2008 02:06PM
marcl Wrote:
> Tbh I dont know why we are going over last year
> again lol.

No, I don't want to start again a discussion about if Alonso was responsible, the team was...just point out that at that point of the season (2 races to go before the end) Kimi had very little chances to win and only Alonso seemed close enough to win. In fact, Alonso tied Lewis in points and he didn't make any error those two races and got two podiums, not that bad. So to me it sounds there was only one McLaren driver fighting and loosing a championship.
Date: October 08, 2008 02:08PM
Posted by: gav
Of course the press said that. Just like they reported how he'd signed for BMW. They love sensationalism. It sells.

As far as I'm aware, there wasn't a single validated quote from him reported.
Date: October 08, 2008 02:16PM
Yes mclaren and Lewis lost the championship last year, and they dont want to make that mistake again.

Would alonso have won it? I dont know tbh and we will never know.

Had he not spun in Japan from 2nd place it would have been his.

Gav I agree alono never said anything on cam about them, but you had ron and lewis saying they all had a meeting and then alonso saying what meeting. So god knows lol.
Date: October 08, 2008 02:24PM
gav Wrote:
> Of course the press said that. Just like they
> reported how he'd signed for BMW. They love
> sensationalism. It sells.
>
> As far as I'm aware, there wasn't a single
> validated quote from him reported.

Well, anyway something happened, that's for sure. What make me feel skeptical about "how conflictive" Alonso is (according to for some press and media, like Autosport, F1-live...), is that his relation with Minardi crew is good after 6 or 7 years, he seems to be good friend of many drivers (at least has a good relation with a lot of them), at Renault, despite he can claim sometimes (as 90% of drivers), he bring good results (no doubt) and they love him. So, what's wrong with him? Couldn't be something wrong with McLaren, when Prost, Montoya, Coulthard (even Kimi) left not very happy...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2008 02:26PM by Ali.
Date: October 08, 2008 02:41PM
Prost was due to Senna, why else would Prost have tested their cars since and been on the pit wall.

JPM fell out with Williams as well, his results at mclaren were poor and he did not want to drive for 5th place.

DC did not leave mclaren unhappy. Why would he still talk to them if he was?

Kimi did not want to be told what to do in his private life.

Alonso just clashed with them, it was always going to happen some of us said that from day 1. He only went there, according to stories, as Renauly would not commit to F1.

This year some Renault people were moaning about Alonso to the press saying he was selfish and stuff like that.

We never know what is true, just what we read. If Alonso wanted it to work at mclaren he could have made it work he just did not seem bothered even early in the year. I can not blame him tbh every question he was getting was not about his race it was always about Lewis so it probably got on his nerves.
Date: October 08, 2008 02:49PM
marcl Wrote:
> Prost was due to Senna, why else would Prost have
> tested their cars since and been on the pit wall.
>
> JPM fell out with Williams as well, his results at
> mclaren were poor and he did not want to drive for
> 5th place.
>
> DC did not leave mclaren unhappy. Why would he
> still talk to them if he was?
>
> Kimi did not want to be told what to do in his
> private life.
>
> Alonso just clashed with them, it was always going
> to happen some of us said that from day 1. He
> only went there, according to stories, as Renauly
> would not commit to F1.
>
> This year some Renault people were moaning about
> Alonso to the press saying he was selfish and
> stuff like that.

:-o

Maybe the other drivers are not like that..mmm...
>
> We never know what is true, just what we read. If
> Alonso wanted it to work at mclaren he could have
> made it work he just did not seem bothered even
> early in the year. I can not blame him tbh every
> question he was getting was not about his race it
> was always about Lewis so it probably got on his
> nerves.

But where do you get this info from?
Let's leave it.
Date: October 08, 2008 03:15PM
Dunno he just never seemed happy, if you remember Ron at Barahin said that him and alonso had a chat to make him feel more at home and alonso said what chat.

if you watch the after race interviews and things from early 2007 it was always about lewis, it would be "Alonso well done at winning the race, do u think lewis done well for getting 2nd place" things like that. It was not fair on alonso and I know that type of thing would do my head in. And then when Lewis started to get better results everyone just jumped on Alonso's back, a bit like with kimi this year. So you could see why alonso's head dropped.

When ever you saw him he just never smiled etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2008 03:19PM by marcl.
Date: October 08, 2008 09:31PM
Posted by: mikef1
Wow Marc you have been quite objective about Fernando recently, good to see.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy