So the 2009 line up: Bourdais is officially confirmed by STR

Posted by BAR#10 
Nick Heidfeld's manager was seen in the Red Bull motorhome at Valencia, full article here:

Following a poor showing at Valencia last weekend, Nick Heidfeld's future in Formula One is back under a dark cloud.

"When we are in a position to do so, we need to be scoring with both cars," BMW Sauber team boss Mario Theissen was quoted as saying by RTL after the European Grand Prix, where Robert Kubica finished on the podium and Heidfeld was ninth and out of the points.

Dispensing with Heidfeld, however, could be an expensive option for BMW - not only will the Swiss-based outfit need to replace the veteran with a talented successor, but it is understood Heidfeld is already firmly under contract, with a multi-million dollar retainer, for 2009.

In the German press, however, it is rumoured that Heidfeld's managers Andre Theuerzeit and Werner Heinz nonetheless recognise the gravity of the situation and are on the hunt for a back-up plan.

Theuerzeit was spotted more than once in the Red Bull motor home at Valencia, possibly to explore the vacancies at the energy drink company's junior team Toro Rosso.

However, another team boss with a vacancy for next year, Honda's Nick Fry, is quoted as telling the German newspaper AZ when asked about a 2009 berth: "Heidfeld? No."

Also, Pedro De La Rosa is still hoping for F1 race return, full article here:

At the age of 37 and two years since his last Grand Prix, Pedro de la Rosa has not given up on one day returning to the Formula One grid.

The Spaniard, who has not had a full time race seat since 2002, today attends all the Grand Prix as McLaren's primary test and reserve driver.

He has been needed at the races by McLaren on a few occasions, most notably in 2006 following Juan Pablo Montoya's departure.

At Valencia, de la Rosa was on standby while Lewis Hamilton struggled with the 'flu and neck pains, but ultimately the Briton took his usual place on the starting grid.

De la Rosa told sport.es that coming to the races simply to watch is a tough job.

"This year we have had two Grand Prix in Spain, so for me it is terrible," he said.

"I have to just think about the next test, the next time I will get into the car - that's the only thing that motivates me," he explained.

"Also, Hamilton is doing a good job and I am happy about that because it means I must be doing my job well too.

"But it is only a consolation. Let me be very clear that my only aim is to be racing again, and as long as there is hope, I will continue to try," he said.

Pedro de la Rosa said any possible options for the 2009 season will become clearer within the next few months.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
I wouldnt mind having Pedro back in F1. He has been good when he subbed for McLaren in 2006. Consistent and solid, although he wasnt a winning driver. He just needed to be more aggressive with overtaking but at the age of 37 he wouldnt be taking too many risks for it.

yes, there are not enough seats for pedro to get a drive unfortunately.

X (@ed24f1)
Kimi and Felipe are no confirmed for 2009 by Luca di Montezemolo.
no?:)

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
They have contract

I assumed he meant now, just having some fun with vesuvius typo.;-)

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2008 02:30AM by BAR#10.
Hmmm... Heidfeld seen at Red Bull... seems strange... The Italian TV said that Red Bull has already hired Vettel and renewed Webber's contract for next year. They also said that Heidfeld might leave BMW, but the team wants a German driver, who might be Rosberg.
My guess for some teams, more likely to change

BMW - Kubica/Rosberg (or Alonso)
Renault - Alonso (or Heidfeld)/Piquet (or Grosjean)
Red Bull - Webber/Vettel
Toro Rosso - Bourdais/Buemi
Very unlikley but we all know Vettel has BMW connections, what about a swap, Nick for Vettel???

I cant see how RedBull would agree to it, but you know there have some odd things in F1 occur.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kimi and Felipe are now confirmed for 2009 by Luca
> di Montezemolo.

heh made a small mistake last time : )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2008 10:20PM by vesuvius.
More news about driver changes:

Source: F1-Live.com

As the Formula One world this week dashes across Europe between the Spa-Francorchamps/Monza double header, rumours abound about possible driver changes for the future.

Despite Sebastien Bourdais enjoying a strong weekend in the Ardennes, the Belgian paddock on Sunday night buzzed with speculation the Frenchman's days at Toro Rosso may be extremely numbered.

Indeed, some sages whispered that Sunday's Italian Grand Prix could be his last, as the Ferrari-powered squad possibly turns to giving 2009 contenders Takuma Sato, Sebastien Buemi and Bruno Senna the opportunity to prove their worth at the remaining races of this season.

There is also movement behind the scenes at Renault, where the future of the Brazilian rookie Nelson Piquet looks in doubt.

Indeed, it is reported by Switzerland's Motorsport Aktuell on Monday that another Brazilian - 24-year-old test driver Lucas di Grassi - is to test for the French team on all three days of the forthcoming Jerez test.

The report said the test is an evaluation with possibly replacing his countryman for 2009 in mind, amid uncertainty that di Grassi's recent strong form in GP2 can cross over to the senior series.

It was also rumoured at Spa-Francorchamps that Grand Prix veteran Nick Heidfeld, whose seat at BMW Sauber seems insecure for 2009, may be a contender to race with Renault next year.

if that indeed does happen, i would be pleased to see bruno senna at toro rosso with seb bourdais, quick nick at renault, and alonso at bmw, link to thread here: [www.grandprixgames.org]

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
i hope bourdais lasts the season. he has done a better job than DC for the last few races

X (@ed24f1)
I think those rumours are a bit pie in the sky. Whilst Sato could step in with no problem, both Buemi and Senna have negligible mileage in F1 cars.

Buemi has had a few tests with RBR, but probably not enough to make his F1 debut. As for Senna I think he is yet to drive a contemporary F1 car, and would have to test first to do enough mileage to gain a super license, and demonstrating a couple of his uncle's cars at Goodwood does not count.

I think both RBR and STR will keep their lineups for the rest of the season, unless of course one of the race drivers gets injured.
[www.formula1.com]
Interview with STR's Franz Tost, aknowledges that Bourdais outperformed Vettel till the last lap. And if I read beetwen the lines, I think Sato and Buemi will battle it out for Vettel place. So I'd say Bourdais's stock has risen.

GPGSL career;
yes, i think bourdais should last the season barring an awful performance in monza.

X (@ed24f1)
STR have also said that they won't be changing their line up for the remaining races.
I hope he'll be here next year, obviously and shows what he can do with slicks.
Hopefully they'll build the car towards his driving style.

GPGSL career;
[en.f1-live.com]
Buemi for STR in 2009.

GPGSL career;
That is looking more likely by the day, but it's not official yet.
[www.planet-f1.com]
KUB and HEI confirmed

[www.f1sa.com]
Bourdais linked to Renault

[www.itv-f1.com]
Rosberg and Nakajima stay

GPGSL career;
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy