Why most of the teams in f1 are confident they will dominate or win for 2009 season?

Posted by montoya6k 
I mean,geez.. because of the new rules or the return of slick tires?why?,we notice it in most of the teams specially BMW even redbull. LoL

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
I think its down to the fact that there are so many new regs, that there are a lot of ways teams can stuff up. Every Winter we hear of teams saying this is their year, but I think teams like TOyota, BMW and RBR really can surprise everyone.

2013 - Nando must come through..
this would be good, that make any teams or drivers can win....it don't have to be ferrari and mclaren all the time.

They have to say that in a way though.

Would you rather hear "Yes! We're going to toil around at the back of the grid all year!"

Reeks of ambition that doesn't it?

That's why even teams like Minardi, who were pretty much guaranteed to do just that, always spoke about punching above their weight and scoring points here and there.
It's a clean sheet of paper. Most teams will think (though probably optimistically) that they've made a big move forward as they're not being held back by being being behind in development in most areas. Most key components outside of the power delivery have had to be redesigned, and even then that has changed too if the team is considering KERS. Aerodynamics have been started from scratch.

Not much point going into the season with the mindset that you've got no chance.

That said, knowledge and experience means that the successful teams will still likely be at the front, and the tail-end will still be the tail-end. Chances are we'll not see any significant jumps (though many expected Renault to close up a lot, though by all accounts they're not too happy with the car at the moment, and people thought with a clean sheet Adrian Newey would come up with something capable of challenging the front teams more frequently).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy